Destination Weddings Discussions

Re: Blank

• we are looking to elope somewhere within the country, USA, that is unique and affordable. We live in miami , fl. We were considering vegas, but the decent chapels charge a lot of money for the photo rights , and the photos are important to us. Therefore we are looking at other options. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Well it depends on what you’re looking for. Are you looking for a beach? City? What type of weather? 

When you say say they charge money for photo rights, can you elaborate? I understand photos being important, but what exactly are you looking for. My photographer retained rights to use the images in her marketing, although we probably could have negotiated this (and likely paid more), but we still had all the rights to them to print, distribute, share, etc as we wanted. Many photographers are unlikely to give up all rights to photos without a significant chance in price because they then can’t use those photos in their portfolios or as examples of their work. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2018
    I am confused by the question.  A "unique" location?  Affordable?  What is your budget?  What is important to you?  Scenery?  Activities?  Big city? 
    You can elope in the USA anywhere you can obtain a marriage license.  Many states have a three day waiting period before the license is valid. 
    You can also hire a local photographer to take your pictures.  If you are eloping, there will be no guests at your wedding, so you shouldn't need many pictures.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It's a really broad question.  I'd think, if it is just you and your FI, the only cost would be the marriage license and the officiant.  Plus travel expenses.  By definition, that would all be pretty affordable.  Except potentially the travel, but that is something you all can control.

On the bad side, it takes forever to get out of FL (by car) from Miami.  On the good side, Miami is a big enough airport to probably be able to find good flight deals to all kinds of places.

I'd narrow it down to where you all want to travel to and then seek out cool, unique places around there.  There are probably over a million places that could fit a description of being fun, cool, and/or quirky. 

Heck, in Las Vegas, there are all kinds of quirky places.  Though typically tons of people around.  It doesn't have to be a chapel.  Choose a spot, make sure it is okay with the owner (if applicable), book an officiant, and get married.

Ooohhh...get married at the top of Hoover Dam!  That'd be pretty sweet, unique, and have amazing photo ops.  And still near Vegas to enjoy your trip/honeymoon in that city.

Now that I've thought of Hoover Dam, I want a re-do, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker