Wedding Woes

The Monday-est of Monday

Good morning. It is snowing here still and the roads are gross.  I have had 2 crappy phone calls already this morning and I'm done with people.  Is it Friday yet?

We had a great weekend.  We finally got the office cleaned and organized more, conquered laundry mountain, fixed our library problems, experienced grocery pickup for the first time (so wonderful), built our IKEA headboard, and got our bedroom organized.

How was everyone else's weekend?

Re: The Monday-est of Monday

• It's snowing here too, but there was no one on the roads so my commute was a breeze this morning. Sucks about your crappy calls/crappy people, but congrats on your organization progress! I love weekends like that - you feel like a burden has been lifted (and lol at the Step Brothers meme!!) 

Weekend was okay - Babypants was up half the night Friday and then again on Saturday night. She was otherwise okay so I didn't think anything of it until yesterday morning when she woke up screaming (so unlike her - she's the biggest morning person I know) and burning up with a fever. Luckily her pediatrician has weekend hours so off to the doc we went. Poor thing has a double ear infection. Gave her the first dose yesterday morning which was immediately followed by a 3.5-hour nap. Three doses of amoxicillin later she is starting to act like her normal chipper self again. Plus her fever is gone. Hooray! She'll be on the meds for the next 9 days - but oh what a difference they have already made!

Quiet day at the office here for once. I will be able to actually get stuff done and really devote some good creative juices to my new project. 
  • My weekend was very low-key.  I rested most of the weekend, trying to get over this flu. I'm at the annoying 80-90% better; almost there, but not quite.  I've been getting shitty sleep because I have this lingering throat tickle that's causing me to cough violently, so that's fun. 

DH earned all the points by deep cleaning on Saturday.  DH took the boys sledding yesterday.  He's off work today as well.  IDK what they're going to do since it's snowing...again.  

All I want is to feel 100% again.  I miss working out, but it would be a disaster if I tried since I'd just collapse in coughing fit. /whine
  • Hoping babypants feels better @sparklepants41

I’m off today so snuggling with the pets, having some coffee, and heading out for a run (at some point). And a nap I’m sure. 

• Hope babypants feels better @sparklepants41.   Not sure if you've given her amoxicillin before but if her diapers are disgusting don't be alarmed.   When Chiquita took it we had to add culturelle to her formula due to awful reaction her digestive system had with the drugs.   

I'm fighting a sore throat that wants to be a cough and instead it's an annoying scratchy tickle.  

• edited January 2018
    banana468 said:
    Hope babypants feels better @sparklepants41.   Not sure if you've given her amoxicillin before but if her diapers are disgusting don't be alarmed.   When Chiquita took it we had to add culturelle to her formula due to awful reaction her digestive system had with the drugs.   

I'm fighting a sore throat that wants to be a cough and instead it's an annoying scratchy tickle.  

LOL thank you for the warning! I have heard from friends that it's frightening. I am also keeping an eye on her for the next day or so because it's the first time she has had any sort of antibiotic, and I want to make sure she doesn't have an allergic reaction. So far in the first 24 hours we are in the clear though!!

ETA: @mrsconn23 @banana468 hope you both feel better!
  • It feels like day 5000 of people being in my house. By people I mean my husband and children. Between snow days and vacation days and everything else it feels like THEY NEVER LEAVE. 

Dh's grandma is declining rapidly. They're moving in a hospital bed and hospice is going to start coming a few days a week. 
  • It's snowing here too, but there was no one on the roads so my commute was a breeze this morning. Sucks about your crappy calls/crappy people, but congrats on your organization progress! I love weekends like that - you feel like a burden has been lifted (and lol at the Step Brothers meme!!) 

Weekend was okay - Babypants was up half the night Friday and then again on Saturday night. She was otherwise okay so I didn't think anything of it until yesterday morning when she woke up screaming (so unlike her - she's the biggest morning person I know) and burning up with a fever. Luckily her pediatrician has weekend hours so off to the doc we went. Poor thing has a double ear infection. Gave her the first dose yesterday morning which was immediately followed by a 3.5-hour nap. Three doses of amoxicillin later she is starting to act like her normal chipper self again. Plus her fever is gone. Hooray! She'll be on the meds for the next 9 days - but oh what a difference they have already made!

Quiet day at the office here for once. I will be able to actually get stuff done and really devote some good creative juices to my new project. 
    DD had chronic ear infections when she was a baby. The first warning was not sleeping through the night - because she always slept through the night- and she never ran a fever with the ear infections. Hope babypants continues feeling better!
  • More snow today. Weekend was good. The Korean restaurant was very good but then Sunday I woke up with stomach not feeling well. Still not feeling well today so don't know if it was the food or a bug. Probably a bug since it is lasting longer than 24 hrs. 

Ticked off at myself because I forgot to watch the first episode of season 2 of Victoria last night. I guess I'll stream it on PBS.com. I did finish watching season 2 of the Crown yesterday though. Good way to spend a cold day.

Wednesday we are getting an estimate to get new flooring and backsplash in the kitchen. Pretty excited about doing that. 

Today just doing stuff inside because I am not going out in this mess.
  • I'm sorry about DH's grandma, 6.  :( 
  • I'm sorry about your H's Grandma, @6fsn. Hugs for you and H. 
  • I won a nickel from my H on Saturday over the Eagles-Falcons game.  I don't know why he was so positive the Falcons were going to win.  Easy money.  As an aside, we do bets all the time for all kinds of stuff.  Our bets are always a nickel.

Then Sunday came.  Bringing sadness throughout the land and in my household, because the Saints lost to the Vikings. 

For my version of Monday-est of the Mondays.  I slept through my alarm.  Luckily, my H was up already and came in with the crowbar.  I'm walking out the door 15-20 minutes late already...and my windshield is covered with ice.  It took another 10 minutes for it to melt away with help from my heater and wiper spray.

My H asked if we have an ice scraper.  Hilarious!  I have a vision of what an implement like that probably looks like, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one in person, lol.

At least I made back a little bit of time with traffic being light.  Because apparently everybody else has the day off.  So unfair, lol.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our office is closed today and yet both of my bosses have gone in and are busily emailing me about things. Nope. Ignore. I hardly get any time off, I am not answering your questions today!
  • Quiet. My folks are sick. Nothing special doing.
  • @6fsn I’m so sorry about H’s Grandma. 

Day 5/6 of the flu for me too. I’ve been suffocating in the air tight mask I’ve had to wear at work. I wanted to call off so badly the last three days. At least I had yesterday to just veg out on the couch. We started watching The Crown and finished the first season in two days. There’s been a lot of TV. i miss the gym too. I have completely fallen off the wagon since the New Year. 

• Re: The Crown. DD just told me that the next season is 15 years later and will have an entirely new cast! What!!??? I love the current cast and does that mean nothing happened in the '60s early '70s in England?

• Re: The Crown. DD just told me that the next season is 15 years later and will have an entirely new cast! What!!??? I love the current cast and does that mean nothing happened in the '60s early '70s in England?

Waaaaaat? 

*googles*

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/the-crown-season-3

• I'm here today.  ::Waving::

Last week was crazy, but the weekend was relaxing.

Saturday was yoga and then picking up some free toys for DD.  I then went over to the Amish Mart for donuts and fresh bread.  I then came home on sparks (since its an electric car!).  It was actually telling me I was having limited motor power due to the low battery!  H said he has never had that happened before!  But I made it home and plugged it in pronto!  We brought in the outdoor Christmas stuff since it was a "warm" 28 and only dropping over the next few days. 

We then settled in for the Eagles game and holy cow, I still can't believe they won!  I just tried for tickets for Sunday's game, but it was already telling me no tickets were available by 10:01!

Sunday was church and some work around the house.  Monday I was supposed to go up to see my friend in North Jersey, but my car was in the shop and the electric can't make the trip and back - too far.  Another friend was supposed to drive, but she had the stomach flu, so it was a no go.  So we sent DD to daycare for her first full day in her new room.  I think she really likes it there.  It was funny to see little kids walking towards me when I went to pick her up!  DD is the only one not walking in that room! 

Monday we also got the remaining Christmas things away.  I also had bought 1 large tote to put everything in, instead of the 3 separate ones.  So now I have 3 empty ones to put baby things in.

My car was not done yesterday, which hopefully they just didn't get to it and its not some crazy obscure problem! We are hoping it gets fixed today.  My work yoga class was cancelled for tonight, so hopefully that will make picking up my car easier tonight!

6 - Sorry to hear about DH's grandmother.  Prayers for her and your family.

Sparkle - Hope babypants recovers quickly!  DD has already had ear infections twice and back to back!  Since babypants is on solids, try working in some yogurt for her.  It will help with the antibiotics.  I think you are still nursing, so you want to make sure she doesn't get thrush and pass it on to you!  The yogurt will help keep her body in balance.

• @OliveOilsMom, cracking up at running on "sparks" :).  Congrats to your Eagles!  GL in the NFC Championship game.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    Re: The Crown. DD just told me that the next season is 15 years later and will have an entirely new cast! What!!??? I love the current cast and does that mean nothing happened in the '60s early '70s in England?

Waaaaaat? 

*googles*

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/the-crown-season-3
    I CANNOT WAIT for Helena Bonham Carter to be Princess Margaret!