Maryland-Baltimore
Options

how hot will i be at a july friday night wedding?

I want to wear this dress.  I love it. It is the dress that takes my breath away. I have tried so many other, and it always comes back to this one.

Clearly my mother is not so thrilled with the black wedding dress idea, but i love black, I wear it all the time and this dress is to die for.

My mother says i am going to sweat to death, it has too much fabric, but most wedding dresses will be hot anyways- 

oh ok- what is your opinion?

I dont live in baltimore now. my fi and i live in germany- but i was home last july and it was horrible- i know about the heat- but i think at night- the wedding starts in the evening- it may not be too bad.

What do you think

http://www.oncewed.com/28040/diy-wedding/accessories/flowers-in-her-hair-2/

Re: how hot will i be at a july friday night wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the dress is gorgeous.  I'm not sure that it's really that much warmer than a traditional white wedding dress, it actually looks like a fairly light fabric to me (compared to some) and you won't be standing in the sun if your wedding is in the evening.  The dress does look a bit heavy, but maybe the large hoop skirt will allow for some circulation.

Yes, it is extremely hot in Baltimore in July, even in the evening.  If your wedding is outdoors, you will probably be uncomfortable.  Also, keep in mind that you'll probably be wearing the dress for a while before the ceremony actually begins, particularly if you have a lot of pictures planned.   All that being said, plenty of girls still get married in July in heavy wedding dresses - as long as you aren't standing in direct sunlight, I don't think your dresses is any warmer than most.  It seems to me that if you chose to get married in July, you must have already thought about the heat, and I don't think this dress makes a difference.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That dress is stunning.  I don't think it matters what color it is, it's a beautiful dress.  With that said - I don't think it makes a difference what you are wearing, it's going to be hot and you will be sweating. 

July in the Baltimore area is miserable....to put it gently.  If you're outside in white, black, long, short...it's going to be hot.  I don't think this dress is going to make a difference - but like PP said, if you are going to wear black, you might want to stay out of the sun for pictures ... and remember to drink plenty of water.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Freaking hot! I love the dress, but no matter what you wear, an outdoor wedding in Baltimore in July is going to leave you moist.

One guy's light blue shirt was nearly navy blue by the end of a 20 minute July wedding ceremony I attended last year.

I had on a strapless, knee-length dress and had sweat running down my back.

So moral of the story is, there's no way to avoid the heat/humidity in Baltimore in July. But you can certainly look amazing trying to!
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

As the PPs stated, yes, it is hot in the mid-Atlantic region in July!  Last year was s special year, in which we had a record of consecutive 90-100 degree days, where the summer before, it wasn't that bad.  Then again, last year there were a few nights where it was still 90+ degrees after sunset!

I'm getting married on a Friday night in July, outside.  It's a formal evening wedding, with the reception indoors.  It's one night, I think we'll all survive...

Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

where is your wedding?

what type of fabric are you wearing?

• Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think thst the heat and humidity in  July would make any wedding dress uncomfortable, regardless of its color. So wear what makes you happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards