Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invites when no fixed address?

Hi
Hoping I can get some advice on what to do with kind of an unusual issue.
About 15-20% of my planned guest list will not really have a fixed address around the time that I would normally intend to mail out wedding invitations. I will be in a similar boat myself. My educational program basically requires a 4 month rotating internship through different cities for 2 weeks at a time. It's a pretty stressful time, everyone lives out of their suitcases and sleeps on floors/in cheap motels for a while, and then it's done. Some of us sublet our places then as well, so I'm a bit worried about invites not getting to the correct people even once they've returned from their rotations.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? What did you do?

Re: Invites when no fixed address?

• I would just ask them- if it’s easiee to email just do that. 
  • Hi
    Hoping I can get some advice on what to do with kind of an unusual issue.
    About 15-20% of my planned guest list will not really have a fixed address around the time that I would normally intend to mail out wedding invitations. I will be in a similar boat myself. My educational program basically requires a 4 month rotating internship through different cities for 2 weeks at a time. It's a pretty stressful time, everyone lives out of their suitcases and sleeps on floors/in cheap motels for a while, and then it's done. Some of us sublet our places then as well, so I'm a bit worried about invites not getting to the correct people even once they've returned from their rotations.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? What did you do?

Ask if email is cool. if not, I know a friend who lives kind of out of suitcases always has wedding invites and such mailed to her parents address. 
  • edited February 2018
    I would reach out a couple weeks before to ask if they had a preferred address. When I was on tour I had everything sent to my moms house, other people had P.O. boxes. I would also consider email a perfectly acceptable way to invite people if it is known they won’t have access to their mail for a long period of time; I was away from mine for 7 months.

etf: spelling
  • thanks for all your advice, everyone!