Wedding Invitations & Paper

Shutterfly Envelopes. Are these inner or outer?

Hi! I'm thinking of using shutterfly for invites and they have the option to address the envelopes for you once you enter in addresses. I'm wondering if these envelopes are considered the "inner" or "outer" envelopes because that will determine how they're worded. If they're the inner envelopes will I need to go buy bigger outer envelopes and address them myself? 

Re: Shutterfly Envelopes. Are these inner or outer?

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I use Shutterfly/tiny prints for my Christmas cards every year, as well as invitations for 4-5 fancier parties (showers, a retirement dinner) I’ve hosted.  Every time, the envelope they offer to address is the outer envelope.  It’s the only envelope that comes with the card/invitation. 

Wedding Paper Divas is now a part of the Shutterfly brand- I haven’t used them personally but maybe they include inner and outer envelopes?  If you’re on a particular invitation long enough, the little “can I help you?” customer service bubble pops up, you can live chat with a rep.  Maybe ask them to be sure?  In my experience it’s been the outer envelope.
  • My understanding is that they only include one envelope, and it fits the card pretty exactly. You would probably either need to use the provided envelope as the outer and have no inner or order your own larger outers. 
  • Thank you so much!!