New York-Western
Options

Venue Stress! Ideas! Help :(

I guess I am a tardy bride but after changing from a destination to something close to home to not put financial strain on family everything in the idea of venue type I want seems to be booked up in September 2012 already!  I am afriad to do an October wedding for fear of bad cold weather! 

I am looking for a barn venue - something rustic and open to having me do my own catering.  I looked at the RED house - booked.  Balls Falls - Booked.  I am living in Ottawa Ontario with my fiance, my family is from Buffalo, his from Toronto - so I am open to anywhere really in Ontario from Ottawa to Niagara region or Buffalo region.  I can't believe I cant find anything.  I am going to be very sad if I have to wait to 2013 to get married :(

Please help ladies if you can!

Re: Venue Stress! Ideas! Help :(

• Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm the only place I can think of is Timberlodge in Akron. But i don't think you can hire your own cater. Good Luck! I am sure you will find something.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a few Niagara On the Lake vineyards do weddings?

I'll also reccomend Pearl Street all day long! They're fantastic & right by the border which will be convenient for traveling guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out Becker Farms in Gasport, NY!  Sounds like they have exactly what you're looking for, and Amanda, the coordinator, is absolutely fabulous to work with!  Also, if you don't have a date set in stone yet, try asking about Friday and Sunday dates, too - most venues book on those days.  Spring Lake Winery and Freedom Run Winery are also worth checking into.  Spring Lake has the most gorgeous ceremony setting, and Freedom Run has an awesome rustic stone and wood barn with a chandelier!  They're both in the Lockport area, so not too far from Buffalo.  :)  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Timberlodge... at least its indoors in case its cold, Becker farms is  a little too rustic if you ask me, I was there is September to get fruit and such and I was eating BBQ in the area where they have the weddings and there was a down pour and because of the way the floor was made all the water rushed under the covered area and flooded it because there was not adequete drainage, so I would be extremely nervous to get married there(even though the bbq was delicious)... no one wants to dance in 3" deep puddles(granted it was an especially hard rainfall)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot... there's also that cute place at Letchworth, its not really rustic-rustic, but its at letchworth and in fall is gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how far outside of Buffalo you are willing to go I have a few suggestions...also not sure if they allow you to bring your own food in...

-I second the place at Letchworth State Park...GORGEOUS!
    -the SUNY Fredonia College Lodge...it's not a barn but a gorgeous lodge!
    -Arrowhead Winery in Northeast, PA...went there for my bachelorette...very rustic
    -Noble Winery...a beautiful winery, but not an old, rustic barn.  Great view of the vineyards, fall foliage and Lake Erie though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of doing my wedding @ The Glenn Iris Inn at the middle falls BEAUTIFUL!  But I looked into it and quickly realized it was out of my budget :( The Tables and chairs and tent are all A-LA-Carte. They also have huge catering minimums for Friday, Saturday, and Sundays! (FROM WEB SITE) their last policy:  "13. A Saturday event requires a minimum expenditure of $6000.00 in food and beverage arrangements. A Sunday event requires a minimum expenditure of $4,000.00 in food and beverage. These minimums do not include sales tax, service charges, rental costs, hotel rooms or any miscellaneous fees.”     The Park still lets you have a ceremony in the public area of the park.   www.glenirisinn.com/weddings.cfm?dsp=Policies">http://www.glenirisinn.com/weddings.cfm?dsp=Policies    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    baey52310baey52310 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    becker farms
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Becker Farms next September. I would highly recommend them. They have sides that they put on the pavillion when it rains. I was out there in October and they were setting up for a wedding in the rain and everything was dry. It was beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards