Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2018 in Wedding Woes
A little over 2 hours and I'm outta here!  I cannot wait.  It's been a long week and next week will be even longer.  Having the half day off will be nice. 

I ordered two pairs of shorts from Old Navy and they are ridiculously bad.  Same style and they fit totally different in bad ways. 

I talked to my mom last night.  She sounds good, but is ready to be hell over this shit.  Also, my dad and older sister are driving her BSC because they are both showing concern in their own special ways.  ;) 

What's up for the weekend? 

We're going to meet our new nephew.  I can't wait.  I need some newborn baby goodness in my life.  We'll be at BIL/SIL's overnight tomorrow.  Other than that, no idea.  

Re: FRIDAY!!

• Do you live far away from your mom @mrsconn23?  I'm glad you were able to speak!

She lives in town, but she and my dad still work full time and are pretty busy.  So I only see her once a month or so. 
  • @mrsconn23, I'm glad your mom is sounding good.  Yay new baby in the family!

@SheSoCold, I'm sure your dog will forgive you in exchange for a present with lots of treats inside, lol.

I have a big, extra payment to make today on my HELOC and am really excited about that.  Now that my credit cards are paid off, I am finally starting to make a dent on that loan.

I should also be getting the first rent check from my new tenant tomorrow.  We're all going out to dinner, part social and part business.  If he is game, my H and I are going to suggest a restaurant we've been wanting to try.  They have great Yelp reviews and an "appetizer" that is oysters prepared 7 different ways (3 of each).  I might make that my entrée, though that's a lot of oysters!  Even for me, lol.

This tenant hasn't "moved in" yet, but his new refrigerator is probably being delivered today.  His furniture is being delivered on Tues.  And he already has AirBnB bookings for next week!  So I want my rent, lol.  To be fair, we just finished the place up yesterday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds like a super fun weekend @kimmiinthemitten and makes me almost, almost, want to consider a run in the future. 

I was quoted in our major city newspaper today so I'm feeling all kinds of important. 

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Ohio for the first time since we left. I'm running a half marathon with my good friend, so it'll be nice to see her, but it's a long ass drive (one I'm really glad I don't have to do regularly anymore). 

• edited April 2018
    That sounds like a super fun weekend @kimmiinthemitten and makes me almost, almost, want to consider a run in the future. 

I was quoted in our major city newspaper today so I'm feeling all kinds of important. 

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Ohio for the first time since we left. I'm running a half marathon with my good friend, so it'll be nice to see her, but it's a long ass drive (one I'm really glad I don't have to do regularly anymore). 

Do it!  It's an amazing experience!  #whenwomenrunwewin

Just found out tonight's fundraiser is cocktail attire - Looks like I'm going shopping on my half day!
  • @mrsconn23 Enjoy the weekend! Continued good vibes for your mum, not just healing but patience to have your dad and sister helping her lol :) 

@ShesSoCold Happy bday to your pup! I'm sure she'll forgive you when you see her {especially if you bring her a treat ;)!}

@kimmiinthemitten That's a great idea for your work to do :) I don't think I've heard of any company doing that.
    Company growing pains suck, but sounds like you work with good people so that should hopefully help

Keurig still fucked. We're just buying a new one this weekend at this rate. I've tried everything, and nothing is working so whatever. Picked up Starbucks this morning, so I'm not totally deprived - we didn't have any tea I wanted. I think I'll have to go through my tea stash again and figure out what I'm keeping and tossing.

Suppose to be beautiful this weekend, so I'm pretty excited :)

I think Saturday I'm going to try and get M to help me with adhesive stars on the wall. Friend of mine has been wanting to make something for BabyKitten, so I suggested {from something else she made} doing the Gemini constellation.

Closest thing to a 'theme' would be celestial.

Side note; tracking packages sent through Amazon is sometimes annoying a.f!
  • @mrsconn23 healing vibes for your mom!
    @kimmiinthemitten have a great weekend!
    @ShesSoCold happy birthday to your super cute puppy! 

Happy Freaking Friday everyone! I also have a half day. Going home to throw a load of wash in and then hitting the gym hard before I pick up Babypants. 

Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment and then will hit the mall the get a dress for Babypants at Gap and some plastic containers at Target. 

I am throwing H a surprise party for his 40th at a local restaurant on Sunday! I've been planning it for over a month and cannot wait to see the look on his face when he sees everyone - he thinks the three of us are just having lunch with his sister on Sunday lol. 

But there will probably be leftover food so that's why I am getting plastic containers - what kind should I get? I will be storing the food in our deep freezer. 

• SO GLAD it's Friday.

I've entered the stage of life where when I wake up in the middle of the night I start to think about work and even though I can't do a thing about it it keeps me awake.   So I've done that TWO times this week.

DH's grandmother gets moved to her second rehab facility this week.   First was evidently not so good.   The bummer is that they don't know how much she'll recover so her mobility issues may be her new permanent state.  

I'm trying to tackle a customer issue from my position.  I think my main contact at the client is intelligent and understanding but working within the organization are people who lack a fundamental knowledge of how my industry has progressed in the last decade and a half and how some aspects work in general.   As a result I'm involved in contentious conversations where disappointment is expressed, and requests are made for processes that simply haven't been done in the last decade.  I'm happy that I can leave this alone for 2 days!

• Why does everyone have half days today?! 
    To make you jelly.  :D 
  • That sounds like a super fun weekend @kimmiinthemitten and makes me almost, almost, want to consider a run in the future. 

Do it!  It's an amazing experience!  #whenwomenrunwewin

Just found out tonight's fundraiser is cocktail attire - Looks like I'm going shopping on my half day!
    So true. I definitely think I want to someday, but need to do more work before then. And I know, I know men don't think that way. 
    Because we're sweet.

It was a theme I noticed also, lol.

Fridays are always my half day, so I didn't even mention it.  But that's because I work 9-hour days M-TH.

On the down side, I never get to WFH.  I easily could a good portion of the time.  But they are a really old-fashioned company and "productivity would go to hell" if they allowed people to WFH, smh.  So I Knot from my office, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Work is being a sonofabitch.

My kid broke her elbow last night.  She was going down the slide on her back, head first, arms overhead and crumpled in a heap at the bottom.  She cried on impact and not again until they told her no soccer.

Oh, 6let is being tested for the gifted program.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I said yes to testing and we'll evaluate if he gets in.

• 6fsn said:

Work is being a sonofabitch.

My kid broke her elbow last night.  She was going down the slide on her back, head first, arms overhead and crumpled in a heap at the bottom.  She cried on impact and not again until they told her no soccer.

Oh, 6let is being tested for the gifted program.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I said yes to testing and we'll evaluate if he gets in.

Owch!
    But seriously ... how did she not be screaming bloody murder? I would be. I'm a pansy. I fractured my wrist at 10yrs old and my parents could hear me screaming from the park to the house.

Good luck to 6let's testing :) At least the one thing is, if you opt to not put him in the program you'll be able to plan what you do wanna do.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Is there anything good in the confessions thread? It just keeps getting longer and I'm lazy.
  • 6 - Poor kid!  I hope she heals quickly and can get back to soccer before the season ends.  I'm also right there with the Confessions thread!

Banana - Hope GMIL can start adjusting to the rehab and begins to get mobility back.

MrsConn - Enjoy your baby snuggles!  Continued healthy vibes for your mom!

SSC - Happy Birthday Edna!  Also, I'm working a full day!

Sparkle - Try to get some of the thicker containers to keep the food from getting freezer burnt.  Depending on what you get, it might be easier to just use freezer bags.  Happy Birthday to DH and I hope you have fun!

Thankful for Friday!  Not sure what is up tonight.  I made a strawberry shortcake for the boss' birthday today.  He was very happy for it!  I haven't been baking as often lately and it was fun to get back to it! 

Tomorrow is brunch with friends.  I'm bringing DD and one friend is bring DS (7 months!).  I haven't seen my friend's DS since he was born!!!!  Then Church in the afternoon.

Not sure what is up for Sunday.  I have mulch to put down, so I might start that.  Depends what the temperature will be!

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    6fsn said:
    Is there anything good in the confessions thread? It just keeps getting longer and I'm lazy.

TBH, it started as confessions and goes back to that here and there.  But has turned more into conversations.  Which I enjoy!  First about food.  Now its the annoyance of how slow some people walk and drive. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ...snip...

Sparkle - Try to get some of the thicker containers to keep the food from getting freezer burnt.  Depending on what you get, it might be easier to just use freezer bags.  Happy Birthday to DH and I hope you have fun!

Thank you! The freezable leftovers (not including veg items that won't freeze well) will include boneless wings and sliders. 
  • I too have a half day, but I usually do on Fridays. 

I'm excited for my girls' weekend. I just have to make it through until we leave. 
  • levioosa said:
    Poor thing @6fsn! I hope she heals quickly! 

@mrsconn23 good thoughts for your mom! 

@kimmiinthemitten cheese=life

@charlotte989875  congrats on the newspaper! 

I have a half day today in the sense that I’m doing 8 hours at the clinic instead of 11. I made it! I’m so antsy. I can’t wait to have a huge glass of wine to celebrate. Otherwise my dad is coming over to help us hang a door this weekend and I have plans to veg on the couch. 
    Way to go!! You deserve all the relaxing this weekend!
  • @VarunaTT Oh that's sounds like so much fun, K will love it!! {as will you obv ;) }
  • Have a great time @VarunaTT you two deserve a night out!
  • ... And I may have just sent a snarky email to my supervisor. LSS we haven't been making much progress on research because other staff members are actively resisting it. Well today I worked from another office and they call a meeting about my project, without me. I was 20 minutes away and they make decisions about it and I'm not there. My response may have been along the lines of "Wow. I wish I could have been there. I was at X office, but would have been happy to come over. I'm glad we're finally making progress."

I feel like I was excluded from something that is spreadheaded by me. And literally this email was in response to an email I sent Tuesday no one responded to. 

She hasn't replied yet and I'm wondering if I should follow up. I stand by what I said, but I wonder if it was a little too casual/snarky for email... 
  • Charlotte - if the project is spearheaded by you, I think you had every right to write that email.  I don't think there was too much snark, especially since they seemed to have made decisions about the project without your input.
  • ... And I may have just sent a snarky email to my supervisor. LSS we haven't been making much progress on research because other staff members are actively resisting it. Well today I worked from another office and they call a meeting about my project, without me. I was 20 minutes away and they make decisions about it and I'm not there. My response may have been along the lines of "Wow. I wish I could have been there. I was at X office, but would have been happy to come over. I'm glad we're finally making progress."

I feel like I was excluded from something that is spreadheaded by me. And literally this email was in response to an email I sent Tuesday no one responded to. 

She hasn't replied yet and I'm wondering if I should follow up. I stand by what I said, but I wonder if it was a little too casual/snarky for email... 
    Meh - at this point on a Friday I would probably not rub salt in the wound.  That said I'd try to start off fresh on Monday and talk about what your expectations were and why you feel that you need to be brought into meetings on the project.