Wedding Woes
Options

Beauty help

My freaking forehead has decided to be dry af.  I exfoliate at least twice a week and moisturize almost every day.  

I use Clinique all in one foundation, but I think I might have to change it up.  I love powder based foundations, but I probably need to switch to liquid to lose this flaky shit.  The flakiness is aging my face/skin (it looks like I have more wrinkles than I actually do).  

So, recommend your foundation, moisturizer, cleanser/exfoliator.  Especially for dry or combo skin. ;) 

Re: Beauty help

• Options
    I love the Philosophy line for moisturizers. I had a similar problem last fall (super flaky forehead but oil around my nose and cheekbones). I found that using the overnight moisturizer really helped (although I probably forget it 50% of the time). 

I also really like powder foundations, so I started using a CC cream between my moisturizer and powder and I'm really happy. Fills in the wrinkles a bit, but I can still use my light powder, which I love. 
  • Options
    I loooove the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I have combination skin that is also sensitive and before I started using the Clinique gel it would go from super oily to dry and flaky in an instant. The gel is lightweight and I apply in the morning but will apply again before bed if the New England weather is making it drier than usual. I also wear tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier oil free) and my skin responds really really well to the combination.

Also make sure you are drinking enough water. Sometimes when we aren't hydrated enough it shows on our skin. 
  • Options

Also make sure you are drinking enough water. Sometimes when we aren't hydrated enough it shows on our skin. 
    That's the thing, I drink a ton of water.  I literally only drink coffee, water, and then mostly wine, but also beer or mixed drinks.  I don't drink pop or milk hardly ever.  I do drink a lot of sparkling water, but I also drink at least two 1L bottles of still water every day. 

I have really good elasticity in my skin below my forehead and I can even get oily around my chin and nose (where I get zits for the most part, I did have one on my cheek recently).  My big ol' midwest forehead is just not having this aging shit.  ;) 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

That's the thing, I drink a ton of water.  I literally only drink coffee, water, and then mostly wine, but also beer or mixed drinks.  I don't drink pop or milk hardly ever.  I do drink a lot of sparkling water, but I also drink at least two 1L bottles of still water every day. 

I have really good elasticity in my skin below my forehead and I can even get oily around my chin and nose (where I get zits for the most part, I did have one on my cheek recently).  My big ol' midwest forehead is just not having this aging shit.  ;) 
    Also - last year I started using a silk pillowcase and man oh man it has helped my skin and my hair!! 
  • Options
    I get flakey forehead too.  I shower at night and put on Cetaphil night moisturizer. In the mornings I use Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer, and their Prime Time BB Creme. Then I use my typical Bare Minerals matte powder, mineral veil, and blush. The primer I think is key. It just makes skin smooth but it's super light. 

• Options
    I found changing to using a night cream has really helped my combo skin. I use Lush’s Celestial, it’s just heavy enough. 
  • Options
    My forehead gets very flaky during the summer so I switch to a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and I ease up on my setting powder use. I've also been using It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer and have noticed a big improvement. 

• Options
    Lulawife said:
    My forehead gets very flaky during the summer so I switch to a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and I ease up on my setting powder use. I've also been using It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer and have noticed a big improvement. 

This is what I use as well and I love it!
  • Options
    I have very dry skin and used to get flaky patches on my nose. Philosophy Hope In A Jar has been a godsend. 

Cleaner: OleHenriksen Foaming Cleanser 
    I also use Neutrogena moisturizing wipes at night 

I use a Caudalie exfoliating scrub, but only once a week 

Foundation: Two Faced Born This Way. I have such dry skin that I've only ever used liquid foundations. 
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2018
    The Body Shop has an awesome moisturizer called Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream. It's not greasy and works wonders.

You can always go to Sephora and ask for samples of skincare. I have sensitive skin and it's nice to test it out before I commit to a full priced/ full-size item. 

ETA Sephora info
  • Options
    I have very dry skin and used to get flaky patches on my nose. Philosophy Hope In A Jar has been a godsend. 

Cleaner: OleHenriksen Foaming Cleanser 
    I also use Neutrogena moisturizing wipes at night 

I use a Caudalie exfoliating scrub, but only once a week 

Foundation: Two Faced Born This Way. I have such dry skin that I've only ever used liquid foundations. 
    I second OleHeriksen products. I got lucky and found a day/night treatment at TJMAXX and discovered the wonders of actually having a consistent face regimen.

I just got a sample of the oil control cleanser from Sephora - I'm excited to try it!