Wedding Woes

it's really only Thursday?

waaaah.  :s

Long week, despite me not being as tired as I was yesterday. Tonight I have some paperwork and filing to do, and I want to move all my vacation pics over to my pc so this weekend I can maybe buy the iphonex and I never trust a phone transfer.....I also have to move all my winter tops into the guest room and bring up the summer ones.  This doesn't sound very fun.

Re: it's really only Thursday?

• Work is slow.  The weather is beautiful.  They're looking for people to take vacation today and/or tomorrow.  It's tempting...I could clean house, or take a nap, or all of that.  ;)  Prudie in a few.  I need to finish up some work. 
  • Pam, I've been wanting to get all my pictures into our "new" computer for like, 2 years now. LOL maybe I'll do that this weekend since it looks too rainy and shitty to do anything outdoors! .

Yesterday I got home and I was just drained. I just wanted to go to bed (at 5:30). But I convinced myself to get off my ass and H and I did a yoga video. It was hilarious. He's like the least flexible and graceful person ever. We had fun though and want to keep doing it.

H and I decided to go to southern IL next month. I think it'll be good for us (especially me). So my goal for work today is to find a VRBO or hotel. Fun!

Sounds fun!  We're planning, I think anyway, metropolis in August.  If you're big on Superman (or even if you're not) it's a fun town but you don't even need a whole day there.  Honestly though, planning and finding places to stay and eat is the fun part!

I also should get to fry's soon with my hard drive and have them save all my pictures from 2014 and older since that's when my last pc crashed.  I'm not very tech savy and could have sworn I saved everything before my move. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    Work is slow.  The weather is beautiful.  They're looking for people to take vacation today and/or tomorrow.  It's tempting...I could clean house, or take a nap, or all of that.  ;)  Prudie in a few.  I need to finish up some work. 
    nu uh.  I couldn't do it.  vacation days are for just that. vacation.  Then again, I don't think I have a whole lot to play with, so maybe that's why I use them sparingly. 

• Pam, I've been wanting to get all my pictures into our "new" computer for like, 2 years now. LOL maybe I'll do that this weekend since it looks too rainy and shitty to do anything outdoors! .

Yesterday I got home and I was just drained. I just wanted to go to bed (at 5:30). But I convinced myself to get off my ass and H and I did a yoga video. It was hilarious. He's like the least flexible and graceful person ever. We had fun though and want to keep doing it.

H and I decided to go to southern IL next month. I think it'll be good for us (especially me). So my goal for work today is to find a VRBO or hotel. Fun!

Sounds fun!  We're planning, I think anyway, metropolis in August.  If you're big on Superman (or even if you're not) it's a fun town but you don't even need a whole day there.  Honestly though, planning and finding places to stay and eat is the fun part!

I also should get to fry's soon with my hard drive and have them save all my pictures from 2014 and older since that's when my last pc crashed.  I'm not very tech savy and could have sworn I saved everything before my move. 
    Yeah I like to plan. I'm looking in that area-ish, near the Shawnee National Forest. Maybe we'll spend some time there! Thanks!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Work is slow.  The weather is beautiful.  They're looking for people to take vacation today and/or tomorrow.  It's tempting...I could clean house, or take a nap, or all of that.  ;)  Prudie in a few.  I need to finish up some work. 
    nu uh.  I couldn't do it.  vacation days are for just that. vacation.  Then again, I don't think I have a whole lot to play with, so maybe that's why I use them sparingly. 
    I have 5 more vacation days left. However, right now we are all working over and accumulating lieu time so I'll have about 4-5 extra days of vacation. I also haven't taken any personal days this year which we get 12. 
  • Work has been non-stop since an 8:30 meeting and isn't slowing down. I'm just now eating my breakfast. 

I need a vacation. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I have 5 more vacation days left. However, right now we are all working over and accumulating lieu time so I'll have about 4-5 extra days of vacation. I also haven't taken any personal days this year which we get 12. 
    I have a large amount of vacation and sick time.   But A ) I'm in the travel/leisure industry, so it's not that abnormal since they want us to travel to be better at our jobs (we also get free condos and a vacation allowance), and B ) I've been at my company for almost 18 years, so I have a ton of vacation due to my tenure level (and I'm getting even more next year, but then I'll be maxed out).   

So I had 2.5 days of unscheduled time after scheduling all my time off for this year, and I have 6+ days of sick time left too.   I can roll sick time, so I'm actually more conservative with it than vacation time.  

• mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    I have a large amount of vacation and sick time.   But A ) I'm in the travel/leisure industry, so it's not that abnormal since they want us to travel to be better at our jobs (we also get free condos and a vacation allowance), and B ) I've been at my company for almost 18 years, so I have a ton of vacation due to my tenure level (and I'm getting even more next year, but then I'll be maxed out).   

So I had 2.5 days of unscheduled time after scheduling all my time off for this year, and I have 6+ days of sick time left too.   I can roll sick time, so I'm actually more conservative with it than vacation time.  

Our vacation time legally has to go up to 3 weeks if you've worked for the same company for over 5 years. After 12 months, you are entitled to 2 weeks. Sick/personal leave can vary, everyone is entitled to 2 paid days, after that it's at the discretion of the company. 
  • I was started planning and figuring out my vacation days through Sept 30th, including what I will accumulate by then.

My company pays out any vacation time over 160 hours on Sept. 30th.  As much as I like time off, I tend to be a vacation hours hoarder.  Since I would rather use my vacation time than have it paid out to me, I was in the happy position of figuring out how to "spend" 50 hours of vacation time before then.

However, I was talking to my mom last night and I think she pretty much made the decision for me, lol.  Long story short, she really wants my H and I to come out and visit this year.  No pressure, that's thankfully not her style.  But we haven't been back there in 5 years!  I'm surprised it has been that long, but it has.

Before talking to her, I was gleefully planning a long weekend in NYC and using the rest of the time to have fun taking some random days off.  I will probably still do some of that, just to a lesser extent.  I may put off NYC until the Fall.

I do like going back home to visit!  I just typically like doing other things more.

Did my civic duty this morning!  2x/year my work has one of the blood banks come to us.  Today was one of those days and I donated.  I actually LOVE the t-shirt they were giving out this time around.  It honors the NOLA Tricentennial (sp?) going on this year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also need to transfer photos/music on my phone. 

The good thing about going per diem is that I can manipulate my schedule to have like a month off at a time. Of course I’ve had school, but for the next scheduling cycle I plan on giving myself August off since we have finals and then we are going to Yosemite. I’m starting to look at AI resorts seriously. My coping mechanism is now turning into a serious want. Lol. Any recommendations for AIs in the Caribbean? 

• @levioosa, I'm glad you finally got the per diem worked out!  I remember that was much more of a hassle than it should have been.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

So much crap. My company resells software.  The websites for the software company have been complete and utter shit for the last few weeks.  My boss was getting pissed at me even though none of it was my fault.  I was almost at the point of asking them to write me a note.  Today it seems like everything is functioning.  Fingers crossed it is actually fixed.

My youngest had his last day of preschool today.  I'm a little sad because he's getting big and we were at that school for 6 years.  I'm also a little sad because elementary school doesn't get out until the 22nd.  He's going to be bored and driving me insane for the next 12 days.

This weekend has a ton of moving parts and my ILs just announced they are coming over for some of the games.  They just make things take longer and they annoy me.  Good thing DH already got her a gift card. 

There is lots of soccer drama.  I'm dropping 6let at practice, going for a run, and keeping my headphones in until practice is over.  Basically parents are pissed 6let made a top team.  He's not flashy. He's not a scorer.  He's a solid player, a great leader, and plays a smart game. They can suck it.

Yesterday's field trip with M2 was tons of fun though.  She was so cute and caught all sorts of things in the river.  She already asked if we could go back sometime this summer. 

• Vent: If you are my customer and do not identify clearly what you're needing I'm not going to know it.   No amount of condescension in phone calls or claiming that something was discussed mean that you discussed with WITH ME OR MY COMPANY.

I'm dealing with a client who has a marketing project and in order to ensure that they have what they need they need to order items from us.   

I'm not going through a forecasting spreadsheet to figure out what you want.   Your job is to look and get a PO to me for the things you want.   You can enter it, your best friend can enter it or the co packer can enter it.   I don't care how it comes.   But stop talking to me like an arrogant bitch when the fact of the matter is that you have yet to place an actual PO with me for the goods we are to supply.   We can hit our deadlines and to do so it hinges upon you placing an order.  Otherwise without an order we cannot be late to your deadline.  

Also, I'm not new here and I understand artificial niceness on the phone.  Bah!
  • Well my crazy day just got better! We found out we got a $1.7 million grant to turn one of our hold office buildings into housing for women experiencing domestic violence, with complete services and a cafe. 

There was champagne at the office so life is good (ish). 

It's funny how some jobs are cool like that (my last one).  And others (my current), where that would be some mythical creature so shocking, I might fall over in shock if it were to actually appear, lol.

It has been such a busy day that my blood sugar dropped like a stone this afternoon.  So I just pulled out some back up candy.  And then carefully arranged each candy bar mini, in the order in which I would eat and slowly savor it, lol.  Good times!

Wedding Countdown Ticker