Destination Weddings Discussions

Help me win videography for my destination wedding!!

My fiance and I did not budget videography into our destination wedding, but decided we wanted it and have had the opportunity to be finalists in a contest to win it for free!

The final winner is being selected with instagram likes - here's how you can help: 

**Removed for ToS violation**

Thank you! 

Re: Help me win videography for my destination wedding!!

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    This is a great way to get people to vote for people other than you...
  • I can't vote for any of them. No one had a dog in their photo. That's instant disqualification in my book.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2018
    My fiance and I did not budget videography into our destination wedding, but decided we wanted it and have had the opportunity to be finalists in a contest to win it for free!

The final winner is being selected with instagram likes - here's how you can help: 

**Removed for ToS violation**

Thank you! 
    Well, this is interesting. The other couple is accusing OP of cheating. I assume they think she's cheating by spamming internet boards asking for likes. Maybe just sour grapes or was there actually something in the rules about this??
  • justsiejustsie member
    Ohhhh I want to see. Dang it I didn't even click the link. booo
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2018
    I'd find it for you, but I cleared my cookies and history this morning trying to fix an issue on TB, and I don't remember the Insta handle. 

Basically, there were just two finalists. This poster and one other couple. And someone, idk if it was the bride or family, was commenting in the comments of the other photo (not the OP's here) literally tagging their friends and family and saying "Please give us a like and see the good guys win. The other couple is cheating."

ETA: Found it! I could remember part of the handle but not all. PMing you. 
  • justsiejustsie member
    I was bored and lunch and looked more into it. The contest didn't have the rules listed, people who wanted to compete were sent them via email. I will say that the company posted that they were going to award both finalists the prize "because of the hard work and effort" and being unable to verify if the likes on the pictures also liked the insta page, as per the requirements. I bet that is why the other couple's picture had comments about cheating, the other couple wasn't specified that the people had to vote by likes and liking the page.
  • :expressionless:  That's boring.

Why would they make up these rules without knowing if they could even be sure people were following them? Yea, I don't think there's a way without actually cross checking one at a time to see if someone both liked the page and the photo.