Wedding Woes

Thursday, but really it should be Friday

Good morning! How is everyone? I was so tired this morning I could not pull myself out of bed. I finally made it to the gym for 4 miles, but I'm dragging. I think it's allergies, but I'm just wiped out. 

Another late night for me; my students have a final that goes until 10pm, but only two more then piles of grading and the semester is over. 

@mrsconn23 hows your Mom? 

Re: Thursday, but really it should be Friday

• @mrsconn23 hows your Mom? 
    Oh that is a loaded question.  Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. 

Her surgery went well and she's resting and recovering.  But they did find cancer.  I don't have any real details yet on what this means, prognosis, treatment, etc.  The doctor said some stuff and I know just enough about things to be very worried.  I am avoiding google.  Her full pathology will take a week or more.  

But I am...a mess. I barely slept last night and I can't stop crying at the drop of a hat.  I hope I feel better after I go up to see her later today and can suss out more details and gauge everyone's demeanor.   I'm probably knocking off at half day to sleep.  I'll get myself together and head up there when DH gets home.  DH, bless him, had the biggest glass of wine waiting for me when I got home and just listened as I poured the whole day of emotion on to him in about 10 min time.  My sisters and I are at such a loss because we are all so close to each other and our mom.  Everything feels very surreal right now.  

So yeah...trying not to think about tomorrow, next week, months, or years from now.  But it's hard.  
  • Oh, no, mrsconn. I'm so sorry. Sending love, hugs and good vibes for the best news possible in the coming weeks.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @mrsconn23, I am so sorry it turned out that way.  :(  We're here if  you need to vent. DH was wonderful last night.  Just what you needed.

And yes, I drove into work today thinking it WAS Friday.  argh.

• I'm very happy it's a long weekend this weekend. I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing for three days and leaving work early tomorrow. It's been a very long week. 
  • Oh no @mrsconn23; I'm so so sorry. All the good thoughts (and wine) to you and your family. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @mrsconn23, I'm very sorry to hear that. Good thoughts for you and your family.
  • @mrsconn23, I'm so sorry!!!  All the virtual hugs for you.  I'm glad your DH has been so supportive and wonderful.  I'm hoping and praying for your family that her prognosis is a good one.

@charlotte989875, Fantastic!  Good luck on the phone interview.  New house with a new job that is less stress and fewer hours would be such a wonderful turn of events for you.

Last night was great.  My H cooked our steaks on the BBQ to perfection.  The strawberries in our choco-covered strawberries turned out to be huge and even sweeter than I expected.  At a great point that is right before too ripe.  A surprisingly "fancy" dinner/dessert for a week night, lol.

Also, my new tenant dropped off the rent check yesterday.  I get my paycheck today.  Now I'll be able to make an extra large payment to my HELOC.  It is SO nice to have that rental income stream back in place.  The new rent is also $100/more per month than I was getting before, plus he is going to be paying half our cable/internet bill, which will be another $80/month I was not previously receiving.

Tonight, we are going to the main monthly meeting for a local real estate investing group I recently joined.  The subject is investing in self storage units.  I've heard that is a super lucrative industry.  The presenter is holding a day long seminar on Sat. for the same subject.  Depending on what I hear tonight, I may attend that also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsConn - Sorry the news was not better for your mom.  Avoid the google and just try to be patient while the doctor's figure out everything.  It is hard.  Prayers for your mom and family.

S+S - Just caught up on Wednesday's thread and oh boy!  Glad you still have a job!

Charlotte - Good job vibes!

Last night was good.  Nothing crazy.  Tonight is probably more of the same!

• @mrsconn23 (((Hugs))) I hope next week will be good news.
    @charlotte989875 good luck!!

I am on the final week of my vacation. I am in CT and my longtime friend came with me. We are staying with my Nana and I just love her so much. For all the awkwardness I have with my mom, Nana and I are just peas in a pod. We are visiting my aunts today (and maybe hitting up the Black Sheep Inn :) @banana468) and NYC on Monday. This weekend is tbd. I fly home on Tuesday. I am both ready to go and not. I feel like that is fairly common at the end of vacation, lol.
    @mi@missJeanLouise you're in town!   Welcome to the rainy season here in CT.   Black Sheep is great!   Have you been to LaBelle Aurore?  It's one of the nicer "posh" restaurants in town.   Also Gumdrops and Lollipops can't be beat for ice cream and candy.  

And don't leave town without a hot lobster roll.   Dad's and Skippers are open and you can have a nice view of the water and nuclear power plant! 

• @banana468 I will take all the rainy weather I can get before going back to the desert. I wish it was nicer for my friend but I am not bothered, lol. there is a great little crab shack near my aunts we get lobster rolls at. I can’t wait! I have not been to LaBelle but I will suggest it to the group. The power plant is one of my uncle’sfavorite fishing spots (catch and release, obvs). I wish we had longer to spend here. 
  • @banana468 I will take all the rainy weather I can get before going back to the desert. I wish it was nicer for my friend but I am not bothered, lol. there is a great little crab shack near my aunts we get lobster rolls at. I can’t wait! I have not been to LaBelle but I will suggest it to the group. The power plant is one of my uncle’sfavorite fishing spots (catch and release, obvs). I wish we had longer to spend here. 
    DD just got a salt water rod for Christmas and she's going to learn out there too! 

The fish LOVE that warm water.   
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

great big hugs mrsconn23.

6let had a piano recital this morning.  Those teachers have some serious patience.  He is no musician and he wasn't close to the worst one. 

• I’m so sorry @mrsconn23. Hugs to you and your family. 

Well, today started off as a shit show. Apparently I was scheduled for work today. I had myself down as Friday-Sunday which was approved but somewhere along the line they changed my Saturday to Thursday. So I have zero makeup on and I didn’t get to eat breakfast. I woke up and got to work in under ten minutes. Sheer panic. It was a bummer too because I was excited to get a hike in and do homework today. Oh well. 

• Heyyyyy so I am here! It's been just either busy or exhausting so I haven't had much time on the computer to come update you ladies :)

I am trying to be on more now.
    No baby yet, but dr said on Tuesday that I'm cool to go any day now. I basically responded with "no thanks, I have mat shoot Friday :') "
    It's kinda lit a fire under our butts about getting stuff done. M doesn't think I'll make it to end of month {June 8th is due date btw}

Things are going well. It's so much easier to have more a lax schedule to do things, and I've been trying to walk a lot to get BabyKitten to drop or hurry t.f up lol I'm so done

Checking out today's Prudie! :)

Note: this is how I'm looking these days. Preggo hair is insane!

• yay @misskittydanger, glad to see you back.  You look amazing!  You and my sister in law are going head to head on who's coming first.  She was due on Monday!

I just turned into a meme.

Me:  I'm trying not to spend any money
    also me:  zulily has a sale on sandals.  I NEED work sandals.  I won't spend money after this "one last purchase". 

• @MissKittyDanger, good to hear from you!  You look great and I'm glad to hear the pregnancy is still going well.  It's also good to hear that your doctor said BabyKitten is fine to come any day now.  Hopefully she won't be a lolly-gagger, lol.

I was born 18 days late and my mom laughs that I'm still the type to "stop and smell the roses".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eeeek 18 days, @short+sassy....why would you do that to her?

• eeeek 18 days, @short+sassy....why would you do that to her?

I know!  I was just a rotten kid from the start, lol.

To be fair, that was back in the early '70s.  A due date was more a guess from when the parents thought they had conceived, than it was a science.

So, hmmpphh.  As far as I'm concerned, I was right on time, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger, glad to see you! You and DD are in a race! Her doctor told her probably another 7-10 days. Her due date isn't until the 15th but with twins.....

Your poor mother @short+sassy! DS1 was 10 days late and that was plenty late!

@mrsconn23 I'm so sorry about your mom. Thoughts and prayers for good news next week.

Off today to Chicago for girls' weekend. My car can practically drive there by itself now!