Wedding Woes
Options

So. Many. Questions.

Dear Prudence, 

I got divorced amicably 15 years ago. My ex and I continue to see each other socially, even though we don’t want kids. Several months ago, a colleague of my ex’s accused him of sexual harassment. She said he repeatedly asked her about her dating life and made comments about her clothing. Although I would normally err on the side of believing her, I also have reason to believe she wants to get him fired as a result of a past dispute. I have now been contacted by both my ex and the woman in question. He has asked me to defend him during an HR quasi-judicial mediation; she has asked me to cut off contact with him. I refused my ex’s request for help, but I am torn about his colleague’s. As a feminist, I understand why my continuing to invite him to parties or to social events constitutes an implicit defense of him, but as his friend and ex-wife, it pains me to think about cutting him out of my life without knowing all the facts. Help?

—The Good Ex-Wife

Re: So. Many. Questions.

• Options
    I hate that LW was put in the middle. I would not participate in that HR meeting and bow out of all convo involving it. 

• Options
    There is not enough information here to make any kind of judgement.  And frankly asking Prudie is stupid.  Unless Prudie has more information then LW needs to find out more facts and discern.  I don't think you blame any victim but I think you need to try to figure out what's actually going on.
  • Options
    I think both sides need her to appear at that meeting for the strict reason of these two need to grow TF up...  If she thinks he's innocent, she's entitled to her opinion.  Saying "He never acted that way around me" and "She's asking me to cut all contact with him just because".   

Yep - properly headlined...
  • Options
    Easy - I never witnessed any harassment. Done.