Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

This was a short week, but I'm glad the weekend is here.  :) 

What's on tap for your weekend?

Tonight:  DH and I are going out to dinner.  Kids are staying home and fending for themselves.  I do not know the last time DH and I went out alone. 

Tomorrow:  The kiddo works, DH and DefConn are going to something downtown with FIL, SIL is coming to town for her cousin's graduation and we're going to take my new nephew over to meet my mom (SIL is my BFF from HS, so my mom is surrogate grandma to her kids).  

Sunday: Our old neighbor and long time friend of the kiddo is graduating HS.  We're going to his party and then I'm not sure what else.  I can't wait to see my old neighbors. 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    Work up that appetite, LOL!  ;) 
  • Options
    That sounds like a very pleasant weekend @mrsconn23.
  • Options
    And TK ate the rest of my post. Whomp whomp.
  • Options
    Have a great dinner out @mrsconn23, sounds like you two need some relaxing time. 

Too funny @ShesSoCold, we do the same thing, but mainly because I get super tired after and want to go to bed. But I also like food, so I'll get up for dinner then head right back to sleep. 

Not much here, we're hoping for a quiet weekend; probably hit up happy hour with H's work friends tonight, then maybe going out to hang out with friends tomorrow. The town we're moving too is south of the city (and where nearly all of H's friends live) so we're making more of an effort to get down there regularly. Problem is we still live in the northern suburbs so it's a bit of a drive/Uber. I'm counting down the days until we can get in there!
  • Options

Oh nice, enjoy your dinner, mrsconn!

We have a graduation party tomorrow but I'm thinking of blowing it off. We'll see how late H works. Because other than that, we have nothing this weekend. I plan to go through the bathrooms and throw out the 10 year old makeup that I can't seem to part with and stuff like that. Since H and I are both the obsessive types, I need to find ways to keep us busy until spring. So I'm making lists of things we need to do to the house before we sell and things we need to do before our move.

Also, this is TMI but I think it's funny and had to share with someone. H and I are officially old. We've started doing our homework (our code for sex) before dinner. Since we fall asleep on the couch after dinner most nights.

So I used to hate sex in the day light.  Because I hated seeing myself naked and the dark IS my best lighting....but sometimes we just gotta do it after my morning shower because a) I'm clean and b) I'm awake.  I get so tired at night now too!

Today I remembered that one of my old coworkers didn't invite me to a charity walk we did with her EVERY year (minus last year since we were in Ireland) for the past 7 or 8 years.  I have an appt for a chiro I dont want to cancel and when this thing is going on.... but, had I been reminded about the walk before last week I would have made the chiro appt a different day.  I don't want to embarrass her to be like "hey...you forgot to email me about this walk" in case, well, maybe she didn't forget?  Slowly our get togethers have been few and far between my old work group and I feel like they're spacing their time with me...all three still work at the company that I left 6 years ago and are VERY close. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

They are making up for the lack of work today!!

Max got a last minute "we're freaking out nobody is coming to our kid's bday party can you come?"  I get it and agreed, then I found out the place is 25 effing minutes away from 5-7.  Note to self as time and place next time.  No wonder nobody is going.

I'm hoping to get in pool time today, but the weather is iffy.

Tomorrow baseball at 10 and 12.  Then ice cream to celebrate perfect report cards.

Sunday a baseball game, stalking email for a soccer offer, M2 has her soccer evaluations.

How boring, but we need it.

• Options
    Some friends are coming over for dinner tonight. It was an impromptu idea so I went to the grocery this morning and did a quick clean up afterwards. I'm getting ready to have lunch with a friend who is starting a new job on Monday. Not much going on this weekend. As I said yesterday (I think), we are in waiting mode for the grandbabies' arrival.

We have new neighbors moving in across the street so I hope I get to meet them this weekend.
  • Options
    6fsn said:

They are making up for the lack of work today!!

Max got a last minute "we're freaking out nobody is coming to our kid's bday party can you come?"  I get it and agreed, then I found out the place is 25 effing minutes away from 5-7.  Note to self as time and place next time.  No wonder nobody is going.

I'm hoping to get in pool time today, but the weather is iffy.

Tomorrow baseball at 10 and 12.  Then ice cream to celebrate perfect report cards.

Sunday a baseball game, stalking email for a soccer offer, M2 has her soccer evaluations.

How boring, but we need it.

When will you hear by?
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm full of whining this morning. was up at 2:15am when baby B woke me up crying (uncharacteristic of him) and I never could get back to sleep. My mild headache turned into a migraine but I'm muddling through work until 2pm when we close for summer hours.

On the bright side my H bought lots of donuts for national donut day today and got a card for 1 free dozen every month for 5 or 6 months. And I'm hanging out with friends tonight so that will be fun if I can get this headache under control. 
  • Options

Always glad when it is almost the weekend!  But things have NOT been going smoothly with my work load this week and I'm sure, yet again, I'll have to work a couple extra hours today.  Even though Fridays are supposed to be my half-days, because I work 4 9's the rest of the week.

Then the bank.  Then lunch.  Then my H and I are going to drive past some multi-houses we are thinking about.  One of them would be amazing.  It is a 6-plex half a block up from a duplex we own.  But their asking price is WAY off base.  The list is $300K, the comps are more like $200K-$220K.  They could possibly get away with a higher price if the rents they're collecting are a great ROI.  Instead, the rents are all about 25%-30% below market.

Here's a perfect example.  My duplex a few properties down has a 2bd/1ba that is currently rented at $850/mo.  One of their units is a 2bd/1ba, similar square footage, that is currently rented for $600/mo.  Sooo...yeeaaahhh.

Which translates to me that either a) the units are in poor condition  or b) the current owner is lazy and disinterested.  But probably c) a combination of both of those.  Y'all, that is a lot of time and money to start cycling tenants out.  Fixing up units.  And then re-renting them again.  And the price I am willing to pay will reflect that, as well.

Short story, long.  This deal probably isn't going to go anywhere if I decide to put an offer in.  The seller will probably be pi**ed, if they are actually delusional enough to think that $300K is a fair price.  But perhaps after 30-60 days of getting no offers or offers similar to mine, they will see the light and reconsider my offer.

The rest of the weekend?  Chilling out and relaxing!

Except for doing battle...again...with my obnoxious tenant who gets angry that I dare expect her to pay the rent.  That will be a drive out there to either pick up the rent or post a 5-Day Pay or Quit notice on the door.  For the second month in a row.  If that happens, there will be a 30-Day Notice to Vacate along with it.  If I'm able to pick it up, I'm still giving her a notice to vacate, but will give her more time.  I can't wait to get this source of anxiety and annoyance out of my life, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Homework today. FI is having friends over tonight so I’ll have more time to focus when they get here. I love him, but my productivity comes to an absolute stop when he gets home. Tomorrow we decided to have a date night and do dinner and a movie. We haven’t seen Deadpool yet so that’s probably what we’ll choose. I’m excited to go out. We’ve been eating tacos/taco bowls for the last two weeks. They’re really good, but I need a break. I’m glad I figured out how to make a good vegetarian/vegan taco though. I think I might turn that into a “meatless Monday” meal. And at some point I need to go see FSIL because she got engaged on her trip early this week! 

• Options
    @short+sassy sounds like she's not terribly smart realizing that she's used up all her chances for goodwill.

It's pouring rain.   I'm no fan of a drought but I would really like a good week of great weather.   Plus, the grass still hasn't been mowed by our landscaper so we're looking like crazy people who don't mow their lawn and are about 3 days away from using an old toilet as a front yard decoration.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    @short+sassy sounds like she's not terribly smart realizing that she's used up all her chances for goodwill.

It's pouring rain.   I'm no fan of a drought but I would really like a good week of great weather.   Plus, the grass still hasn't been mowed by our landscaper so we're looking like crazy people who don't mow their lawn and are about 3 days away from using an old toilet as a front yard decoration.
    I am LOLing at old toilet.  But this was me before Wednesday!  I have it set every 3 weeks because it doesn't need 2 and 4 is to long.  But the neighbors to the right and left of me mowed last week and because of all the rain mine looked awful! I always fear I'll be the talk of the neighborhood with my grass level.  But hell if I mow myself. Thankfully they did it 2 days early and I came home and was like phew!

• Options
    @CharmedPam we were late in hiring a landscaper.   I love DH but he's procrastination central on this kind of stuff and finally I just made the call.   So now we have spring cleanup that's needed along with the grass that needs to be mowed.

I'm looking forward to having the service in general since it gives us more weekend time as a family.   It takes DH a good 3-4 hours to mow the yard if he has to do the front and back so IMO it's well worth it if it ever gets done. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    We have a soccer offer!  Offers are due Sunday at 2 pm for all clubs. 80 kids tried out for these 40 spots and we got a team 2 offer. It’s what I was hoping for so yay!
    So this is for a different team, right? Will it involve more travel and/or better competition? I’m so curious about this. I played travel softball as a kid but I’m sure it has changed significantly since then. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    @CharmedPam we were late in hiring a landscaper.   I love DH but he's procrastination central on this kind of stuff and finally I just made the call.   So now we have spring cleanup that's needed along with the grass that needs to be mowed.

I'm looking forward to having the service in general since it gives us more weekend time as a family.   It takes DH a good 3-4 hours to mow the yard if he has to do the front and back so IMO it's well worth it if it ever gets done. 
    Oh, it's worth EVERY penny for me.  Actually my guy just went up a $1 each service from last year.  I was really really happy with that, thinking it would be at least a $5 increase. I only used him since 2015 maybe, and this is his first increase. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    6fsn said:
    We have a soccer offer!  Offers are due Sunday at 2 pm for all clubs. 80 kids tried out for these 40 spots and we got a team 2 offer. It’s what I was hoping for so yay!
    So this is for a different team, right? Will it involve more travel and/or better competition? I’m so curious about this. I played travel softball as a kid but I’m sure it has changed significantly since then. 
    His club had an east and west division. They rebranded this year and combine both east and west. The coaches said if it was only our kids trying out it only 10 from west (us) would make it. 

There are literally 100s of club teams in the area. The other place we tried out also rebranded and had over 100 try out. We’ll see how that goes. 

Team 1 is talking tournaments in Toronto and Maryland. I’m not sure how team 2 will shake out. Games will be Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati area. 
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    banana468 said:

My most recent next door tenant was very particular and wanted a new toilet.  But planning to pay for it because he knew the one in the unit was fine and realized it was just a "him" thing on wanting to start fresh with a brand new toilet.  He just asked if we wouldn't mind installing it.  That was fine with us.

So my H and our plumber friend switch it out.  And now we have an extra, perfectly good toilet that I assumed would be put out on the curb for someone to snatch up or the garbage truck to take.

Except, when I get home, it's not on the curb.  It's next to the fence.

So I query my H if he just hadn't put it on the curb yet.

No joke.  He said he was thinking about using it as a planter in the backyard, because he always thought that would be funny and cool.  I gave him a long stare and replied, "No.  I will not have a toilet in my yard." lol.  And it was, indeed, put out on the curb.

Wedding Countdown Ticker