Pre-wedding Parties

Embarrassed about shower host

I'm embarrassed because my maid of honor is hosting a shower for me and forgot to add the store info for where we registered, and now I have people asking me. I told her to not forget and it seems she forgot and now I'm humiliated. So do I make up new invitations and send them out myself with registry info or do I ask her to make new invitations? I don't know what to tell people, several friends showed me the invites they got and no info at all!!!!

Re: Embarrassed about shower host

• Problem is that they don't know my maid of honor directly so these friends are giving me their RSVPs and it was a whole thing, she made it seem like it was rude for me to hand out the shower invitations, and now look what happened. So she said that i should tell them to ask her about the registries when they give her the RSVPs, but it looks like I'm the one who is collecting the RSVPs. From like 7 people. Its now my nightmare
  • I'm hosting a baby shower in a couple weeks. I don't know plenty of the people who are invited, but they're still RSVPing to me because I'm who the invitation indicates should be rsvped to. A handful of people have rsvped to the guest of honor, and ... so? It's really not that big of a deal. The invitation clearly indicates she's not hosting her own shower given that it's thrown at my home, the invitations were sent by me, and I'm the one receiving rsvps even if a few people choose to rsvp to her. 

This is absolutely not a nightmare or a humiliation. When someone asks you where you are registered, just say "It's at Florence's Floofy Flounces for Little Fluffybutts" and leave it at that. 

It's really not a big deal. It is not rude to tell someone where you're registered if they ask.

There is no reason to send out new invitations.  
  • Agree with PPs. She can give them info when they RSVP or you can tell them. It was a mistake and no big deal. No reason to be humiliated (really???), you are blowing this way out of proportion. I am hosting a shower for a friend next month a probably don't know half of the guest list. They are all still RSVPing to me but if they tell her instead, I certainly won't get my nose bent out of shape about it.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Agree with PPs. She can give them info when they RSVP or you can tell them. It was a mistake and no big deal. No reason to be humiliated (really???), you are blowing this way out of proportion. I am hosting a shower for a friend next month a probably don't know half of the guest list. They are all still RSVPing to me but if they tell her instead, I certainly won't get my nose bent out of shape about it.
    I hosted a baby shower in Los Angeles, but live in Chicago.  I did not know one single guest.  We managed to communicate quite well.

knottiee7cb65b5d04be4f1, how or even why did these guests feel compelled to actually SHOW you these invitations?  Did they take pictures of these embarrassing invitations?  Did they walk around with them until they had an opportunity to offer a big reveal?

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Inhala, exhala.  There’s nothing awkward about mentioning a registry when a) asked and b) it’s related to your shower.  If it’s killing you, just refer all registry queries to your MOH (simple enough, as you should be doing that when they rsvp to you anyway).
  • Jen4948 said:
    Once, for a shower, I contacted by the hostess, whom I didn't know. (I knew the honoree.) I needed some advice on what to give the honoree, and the hostess knew her better than I did at that point. The shower invitation didn't contain any registry ior theme nformation.

Just go with the flow. If anyone needs your registry information, they can ask your MOH. Or, they can Google it online. Nothing to worry about.
    Right? You actually don’t need to know someone to reach out and rsvp for a shower and ask where someone is register 
  • If anyone is being embarrassed or humiliated by someone else's behavior, I'd bet money it's your MOH. I genuinely feel sorry for her because she is throwing you a freaking party, and instead of being grateful, you are on her case about every (completely unimportant) detail.

You keep asking for people to do everything for you and yet inserting yourself where you no longer have business, like with where to send these shower invites, vetoing dresses, and then these RSVPs. If the guests are not adult enough to text/call/email/mail the host of a party because they don't know her, that's on them. If the guests simply don't know what they're doing and hand you their RSVP out of convenience, just pass it on to the actual host. No need to (and actually you just shouldn't) get more involved.

They'll either figure out where you're registered (via the Google, or asking your MOH when they RSVP) or they'll get you something not on your registry, as is their prerogative anyway. Who tf cares. 

Let. It. Go.

The general drama-llamaing is making my head hurt.
  • I've never had a party this big before so I'm not familiar with what is proper and what isn't. It threwe off that my friends were asking me for the missing information. I told myaid of honor and she got annoyed because she has some surprises in mind and my friends almost ruined it by coming to me instead of her. I almost want to just ask her to cancel the whole thing now because of how much trouble she seems like this all is for her.
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2018
    This is not someone filling out your WEDDING invitations for you and included the registry info, in which case, sucks and mistake, but meh... This is the shower... How you respond is the same when anyone asks where you're registered, whether for the shower or a wedding invite, you give them an answer "We registered at Harvey's Wine Emporium and Goldie's Cupcake Castle!" and if they tell you they're coming to the shower RSVPing to you, go ahead and pass that info along to your MOH as-if NBD because REALLY, it is NO BIG DEAL!  

There's a time to get uptight about etiquette things and there's a time not to, this is one of those times not to.  

• levioosa said:
    Jesus you are the biggest drama llama. The dresses your friends picked aren't good enough, no one is obsessed enough with your wedding, they had the gall to throw you a nice shower but made a tiny mistake. You should be humiliated by your own actions. 
    OMG thank you for reminding me where I recognized OP from, their other ridiculous drama llama post about the dresses!

OP, you need to take a serious chill pill, have a drink, take a bath, masturbate, go for a walk, binge watch your favorite TV show, do something to distract you until you chill out because if you don't, after this wedding is over you won't have any friends left. You are making mountains out of flat ground, not even mole hills, they're so innocuous, and you are going to turn all your friends off if you continue to behave this way and treat your friends like Barbie doll maids.

You have chosen these people to honor them and thank them for being in your life, they're not your slaves and they're not your props. If people are RSVPing to you, gently remind them the host is the one who should receive the RSVP and if they ask where you're registered, tell them! That's it! It's the simplest thing that you're turning into a whole production.
  • I feel like all of this can't be real.  Between the dresses and wanting to turn down help but not driving I can't wrap my head around this.   

It's too much drama OP!

If the shortest distance between two points is a line don't zig zag it.  

• banana468 said:
    I feel like all of this can't be real.  Between the dresses and wanting to turn down help but not driving I can't wrap my head around this.   

It's too much drama OP!

If the shortest distance between two points is a line don't zig zag it.  

This is where I'm at, now realizing this is all the same poster. 
  • i guess you both can fix it nicely, each of you has a role to play since it's your special day and she is your maid of honor.
  • Agree with PPs. She can give them info when they RSVP or you can tell them. It was a mistake and no big deal. No reason to be humiliated (really???), you are blowing this way out of proportion. I am hosting a shower for a friend next month a probably don't know half of the guest list. They are all still RSVPing to me but if they tell her instead, I certainly won't get my nose bent out of shape about it.
    I hosted a baby shower in Los Angeles, but live in Chicago.  I did not know one single guest.  We managed to communicate quite well.

knottiee7cb65b5d04be4f1, how or even why did these guests feel compelled to actually SHOW you these invitations?  Did they take pictures of these embarrassing invitations?  Did they walk around with them until they had an opportunity to offer a big reveal?

• you don't have to feel embarrassed about this. it's a mistake and everyone did made it at some point. i agree that u can tell the others to contact her for the details or if u managed to give the people the info, it's good too.