Wedding Reception Forum

Bouquet toss poll

I won’t have very many single ladies who would be thrilled about a bouquet toss so thinking of alternative ideas.
1) Stuff the bouquet with tons of scratch offs and invite everyone to catch the bouquet... or tear it up.
2) Anniversary dance and give the bouquet to the longest remaining couple.
3) Decorate it with trinkets and hand it to the next bride to get married (future sister-in-law 2 months after us). 

Also need ideas for a silly garter toss aside from Granny panties and a rubber chicken. 
A) Mousetrap? 
B) Stuffed cat (I’m obsessed with cats)?
C) Just do a normal garter toss?
D) Insert your own ideas. Background we are both teachers (science and math) and I couldn’t think of any themed garter toss ideas. 

Thanks for for your input!

Re: Bouquet toss poll

• I am never upset if the tosses don’t happen.
  • Skip the tosses. 
  • another vote for skip it. 
  • Skip the toss and upgrade something fun for your guests (glow necklaces/bracelets/props during the dance - something you can pick up locally if the DW is someplace near a Walmart or Target)
  • I kept my bouquet (it was artificial) and I didn't do a garter toss. No one missed anything. I loved bouquet tosses as a guest but I usually caught it and had some fun. I know that a lot of people hate them so usually best to skip.
  • Skip it.

• Skip them. My husband and I didn't do any tosses at our wedding, and my brother and SIL left them out as well. Nobody missed them.

The one wedding I went to in recent years where they did bouquet and garter tosses (I was already married by then), most people seemed to feel more obligated than excited to participate. It was awkward.
  • None of the above.
  • Aside from the obvious, one of my favorite parts of being married is not having to participate in tosses at weddings.   

Just. Say. No. 
  • We are doing 3)  I am dedicating my bouquet to a friend who is getting married about a month after me.
  • We are doing 3)  I am dedicating my bouquet to a friend who is getting married about a month after me.
    Honest question, I'm not trying to be snarky. Do you think your friend really wants your old bouquet? What are you doing to "dedicate" it? I would probably be like "oh, thanks...." and then wonder how I was going to get it home, what to do with it when it gets there....and end up tossing it.

OP, just skip the tosses :)
    Honest question, I'm not trying to be snarky. Do you think your friend really wants your old bouquet? What are you doing to "dedicate" it? I would probably be like "oh, thanks...." and then wonder how I was going to get it home, what to do with it when it gets there....and end up tossing it.

OP, just skip the tosses :)
    Yeah I agree with this.

A couple years ago, H was BM for his best friend. After the reception, his mom gave me a centerpiece. I'm standing there, holding this centerpiece, waiting for the shuttle thinking, "The fuck am I supposed to do with this?". I don't even remember if it made it into our hotel room. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever