Flowers
Options

Silk flowers

Hey ladies,

I’ve been searching all through the web debating on where should I buy my flowers from? I never knew much about flowers until I started planning my wedding. (You will think I knew everything about flowers since my grandmother collects them and has a garden on her porch). Well no, that’s not the case. I actually wish she get rid of them LOL! 

In my case im wanting hydrangeas and roses for my table centerpieces. I’ve been on afloral, michaels and Joan’s looking at flowers. Which website do you guys think has the best deals? Where did you buy your flowers? I’m also having 12 tables, I don’t know how many flowers I will actually need for each centerpiece. How do I go about fighting that out?

Re: Silk flowers

• Options
    Before overspending, make your "Mock up" flowers and decide based on cost/budget from there x11 or doing something like purchasing 12 real premade centerpiece arrangements from someplace like Sam's Club/BJ's/Costco/etc.  Also, ask yourself what you're going to do with them after the wedding.  The best way to keep it on a budget is using coupons and buying a few at a time if you want to keep it on the tightest budget or watch for the sales of across the board discounts ("40/50/60% off all silk floral" for example)...  The silk flowers for my pew arrangements came from Walmart (only place I could find a color match to our colors), nice as they were, they're now sitting in my basement in a box...
  • Options
    I used silk flowers for my bouquet, bouts and corsages. We skipped the centrepiece flowers and no one missed them. I still have my bouquet and my H’s bout but glad that I don’t have a box of extra flowers lying around. 

I had my arrangements done for me by a lady that specializes in silk bouquets. I would never have done them on my own and Michaels craft store is like a second home.