Chit Chat

Cant decide which looks better HELP!!!

edited July 2018 in Chit Chat
the candles will not be yellow. The white dont fit in the smaller ones.

Cant decide which looks better HELP!!! 15 votes

All big Mason jars with candles on the sides and flowers in the middle
20% 3 votes
2 small Mason jars with white candles on each side with flowers in the middle
80% 12 votes
Flowers on each side in small Masons with 1 big Mason in the middle with a candle
0% 0 votes

Re: Cant decide which looks better HELP!!!

• Do the white candles not fit in the smaller jars? Because I would say smaller jars with white candles on the outside, and flowers in the middle.

Also, I can't tell if the white candles are real or not. I'm definitely not a fan of the yellow candles, but real candles are going to have better ambiance than LED. Fire safety sometimes makes that decision for you, but if real candles are part of the equation, I prefer that look.
  • Yes the candles are real but no they dont fit in the smaller jars that's why I'm having such a hard time. I already bought 20 candles and they are just a little to big. They will also have sand in them as well. The yellow ones will are citronella and will hang in small blue Mason jars :)
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I agree that I do not like the yellow candles, and it will look more balanced with the flowers in the middle and the candles flanking them. 

• Because I am always a little difficult, I like the bottom Two. Can you do some tables with 2 candles and then others with 2 floral arrangements? If not then I vote for the flowers with 2 candles. I agree with PPs, I like the white candles better.
  • I assume you're going for a rustic look? IMO I think tealights would be great and probably more cost effective.

The flowers in the middle with two small lights on the side would make a great focal point. 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    I assume you're going for a rustic look? IMO I think tealights would be great and probably more cost effective.

The flowers in the middle with two small lights on the side would make a great focal point. 
    I will say tealight may look nicer but tend to only burn for a few hours - so keep that in mind if you do use them!
  • MRDCle said:
    I assume you're going for a rustic look? IMO I think tealights would be great and probably more cost effective.

I will say tealight may look nicer but tend to only burn for a few hours - so keep that in mind if you do use them!
    I found some really great ones at Joann's!  

Our cocktail hour/reception was 6 hours and they lasted the entire time! 

https://www.joann.com/darice-poured-glass-votives/9886821.html#q=candles&prefn1=prod_type&prefv1=Product&start=1
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    Ah - see I consider those votives, not tea-lights. Yes - we used votives at ours as well!
  • MRDCle said:
    Ah - see I consider those votives, not tea-lights. Yes - we used votives at ours as well!
    My mistake - I did not realize there was a difference between the two!
  • MRDCle said:

what about artificial ones?

• Is that a piece of construction paper in the jars?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    I think those are placeholders for the bouquets? 
    I think those are placeholders for the bouquets? 
    Oh good, I hope so!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    Yes it is lol it's all I had to somewhat invision what I was doing lol I will replace them with gerbera daisies:)
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think a large mason jar with flowers in it flanked by smaller mason jars with candles is the only way to go without it looking very odd.  

Although I am so over mason jars and I think they will be very cliche in a few years, so I would avoid them altogether and go more classic. 

• I don't think the size of the Mason jars matter that much.  But the flowers should definitely be in the middle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041 said:
    I think a large mason jar with flowers in it flanked by smaller mason jars with candles is the only way to go without it looking very odd.  

Although I am so over mason jars and I think they will be very cliche in a few years, so I would avoid them altogether and go more classic. 
    Yes to the bolded. When we were planning and I let the coordinator know that it was an outdoor wedding she was very excited to tell me about the many things you can do with mason jars. 

Ah yes, I wish for simpler times when you used the jars for canning lol 
  • Ro041 said:

Yes to the bolded. When we were planning and I let the coordinator know that it was an outdoor wedding she was very excited to tell me about the many things you can do with mason jars. 

Thanks for your opinion but that's not the point of this post. I love Mason jars and the fact that they are inherited from my uncle/godfather who passed away last year from cancer means a hell of alot more then " used for canning". Have a nice day! 
  • Ro041 said:

Thanks for your opinion but that's not the point of this post. I love Mason jars and the fact that they are inherited from my uncle/godfather who passed away last year from cancer means a hell of alot more then " used for canning". Have a nice day! 
    knottie6a3fe34e911a1a74

Look - you came to a public forum and have solicited advice for the past month. You don't get to dictate my opinion just as I don't get to dictate yours. 

I'm sorry about your uncle passing away, but again, I think mason jars are overdone. The same thing goes with Gatsby weddings, barn weddings, floral crowns, boho chic, and the list goes on. But that's my opinion and some of the ladies may like those things, which is okay! This is your wedding so do what you want.

I've gained so much knowledge from this group. I lurked for a long time before I solicited advice. Some ideas I had were good, others not so much. But being defensive and condescending is not the way to make friends. Especially since you seem to be asking a ton of questions and asking for lots of opinions.

You also have to understand that other people are lurking and reading the conversations and they may change their minds based on conversations between forum members. 

Have a nice day!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ro041 said:

Yikes. 

I am sorry to hear about your Uncle but I wonder if your "idea" to use the mason jars comes from the over-saturation of mason jars at weddings rather than from his love of mason jars.  

Unless he was someone who canned a lot of preserves and gave them to family and friends, no one at your wedding is likely to know the connection and will assume you are having another mason jar/burlap wedding.  Which if that's cool with you, great!  

Although (and I hesitate to suggest this, lest you get more defensive), I would find another way of honoring him (like a note at the bottom of the program) because you risk your inherited mason jars never making it back to your house.  We lost quite a few decorations in the shuffle and if these truly are inherited, I would be more careful with taking them to a place you may not get them back from.  

All that aside, you did ask what looked better, and I said I don't like any of them because I don't like mason jars.  That is an opinion that you are free to ignore.  Have a nice day!

• I don't mind mason jars but I prefer two candles and one flower. Are your tables rectangle or round? If round, I would put in a triangle position.