Catholic Weddings
Options

Americans getting married in Ireland

Hi all,
My fiance and I are getting married in a church in Ireland. We moved quite a bit and didn't have a parish of our own, so we completed our pre-cana online. It was an Irish website and our certificate was accepted, however now our priest wants pre marriage forms, from our parish. I explained out situation but I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and what I should do.
Also we finished our pre- cana 3 months in advance...My priest emailed yesterday for this additional information-- we get married in 3 weeks!?

Re: Americans getting married in Ireland

• Options
    Hi all,
    My fiance and I are getting married in a church in Ireland. We moved quite a bit and didn't have a parish of our own, so we completed our pre-cana online. It was an Irish website and our certificate was accepted, however now our priest wants pre marriage forms, from our parish. I explained out situation but I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and what I should do.
    Also we finished our pre- cana 3 months in advance...My priest emailed yesterday for this additional information-- we get married in 3 weeks!?
    The only thing that I would advise is if you're going to meet the requirements to do all of this.   Will you be in Ireland long enough before you're married to have the wedding be both Sacramental and legally valid?   My understanding is that the residency requirements are strict.

Other than that I think you just need to make sure you have all documents set up with the church where you're marrying.