Attire & Accessories Forum

When To Put Your Garter On

Hey guys! I was just wondering when all the brides are putting on their garter? Do you do it before the ceremony, right before the garter ceremony, etc? I have no idea! Thanks!

Re: When To Put Your Garter On

• Hey guys! I was just wondering when all the brides are putting on their garter? Do you do it before the ceremony, right before the garter ceremony, etc? I have no idea! Thanks!

Put it on when you put on the rest of your attire. If you are only wearing one for a garter toss, please reconsider. A lot of people find the act of retrieval embarrassing to watch and then the catch gross. If you are wearing for your husband to enjoy privately later, go nuts.
  • I literally was slipping mine up my leg as I was walking out of a back room of the hall to the dance floor to do the garter toss...  Do it whenever you want to...
  • ernursej said:
    Hey guys! I was just wondering when all the brides are putting on their garter? Do you do it before the ceremony, right before the garter ceremony, etc? I have no idea! Thanks!

Put it on when you put on the rest of your attire. If you are only wearing one for a garter toss, please reconsider. A lot of people find the act of retrieval embarrassing to watch and then the catch gross. If you are wearing for your husband to enjoy privately later, go nuts.
    ^This 100%. Put it on with everything else, but skip the garter toss. I've always found it to be tacky.