Wedding Woes

Just another manic monday

Weekend was good. It blurred together. Friday I didn't do much but laundry, Saturday I went to our condo and cooked brunch, watched showtime beyond, slept A LOT. H and I went out to dinner. Holy moly do prices change just 1 hour out from Chicagoland. $2.00 for a Guinness. $3.50 for a cocktail. $7.99 for a meal. It's like why even eat and drink at home?
 Sunday was the same, in and out of sleep and watching showtime beyond crap movies. It was glorious.  I did have to buy a new self stirring mug though.  The motor blew out and despite the crap quality I do like it.  So I went with a better rated one.  Here's hoping it lasts more than 1 month!

Re: Just another manic monday

• Have a pina colada for me please @6fsn.  Or whatever your drink of choice is.  I'm not picky.

• Our weekend was good too.  As predicted, I was not up to painting the living room wall!  I did get some things done around the house though.  H got the dimmer installed in the bathroom.  I started emptying the toy box (fka DD's pack n play) into the new actual toy box I bought off Prime Day!  It fits just perfect on the fireplace hearth.  DD was already intrigued and going through the contents!

Sunday we went to BIL/SIL's house for dinner.  DD was good the whole time there!  She even ate corn off the cob for the first time by herself!  It was hilarious and adorable!  We got some fun pictures of her too! 

Once back home, H and I tag teamed some last minute chores.  It was my night to put DD to bed.  So we switched it up and I got the dishes done.  H put DD to bed then cleaned the showers upstairs.  I finished the dishes and brought up DD's cleaned clothes for folding.  We did that together.  Once we finished that, it seemed like 10 PM, but it wasn't even 9!  LOL!  So we just relaxed in bed watching TV after, until bedtime!

I hope WWers had good weekends!

• Ugh, I am just feeling shell-shocked by all the money flying out the door!  Not even the "usual", it's the "one-off" expenses.

My $3600 used truck I bought about 10 days ago was another $555 to title.  $600 in parts/repair/2 new tires.  Nothing unexpected, but still.

$250 on pest control for one of my rental duplexes.  Same duplex, just paid the annual flood insurance this morning.  Another $590 gone.

I try to comfort myself that unexpected and/or one-off expenses happen sometimes.  Except it seems like there is almost always one going on, lol.  The rare months when it is JUST the "usual" bills are the good ones, lol.

Other than that, all is well.  I had a relaxing weekend.  We made a long overdue Costco trip (oh yeah, another $260 spent, lol) on Friday and got a few other errands done.  Sat. and Sun. was lying around and watching cheesy movies/shows on the DVR.

I created a new tropical-inspired cocktail that I enjoyed at home on Sunday.  I call it the "Gua-mosa".  Guava juice and champagne.  Delicious!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018

We had a great weekend as well. We were finally able to catch up on all the laundry and watch the Lifetime movies we recorded on DVR.

I think we are going to meal plan for the week and use the Target delivery service again. It was super convenient to use! 

ETA: We also starting watching this show called "7 Year Switch" Essentially, there are couples who have various issues in their marriage. They swap spouses and psychologists pair them with couples who are having similar issues in their marriages and show them what they are missing. 

They are separated from their spouses for 2 weeks. No communication, no phones and they are "married" to this other person..they even have the option to share 1 bed.  At the end of the season, the couples decided if they want to stay together or divorce. 

So confusing. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @NBSquared2017 so kind of like "Wife Swap" from the old days? 

Weekend was decent here. Weather was cooler but with rain made it not so great to be outside so did mostly indoor stuff. My parents came up for a bit Saturday and Sunday took B to the local museum intending to use their indoor play area but B started yelling "no" and crying when I tried to go in that room. So we walked outside and pet the goats/sheep instead. Then he had a nice meltdown leaving again. I think the terrible twos have started
  • Weekend was pretty good. I worked on Saturday and then after we went out to Korean BBQ with FSIL and her FI. It was good! Sunday FI and I went to look at trucks. I’m definitely partial to one of them but it’s his future car so I don’t want to say too much. 

I still have a cough and my voice might be gone. I haven’t tried talking yet today. I’m supposed to do clinic but I have zero motivation right now. 

• NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    kvruns said:
    @NBSquared2017 so kind of like "Wife Swap" from the old days? 

Weekend was decent here. Weather was cooler but with rain made it not so great to be outside so did mostly indoor stuff. My parents came up for a bit Saturday and Sunday took B to the local museum intending to use their indoor play area but B started yelling "no" and crying when I tried to go in that room. So we walked outside and pet the goats/sheep instead. Then he had a nice meltdown leaving again. I think the terrible twos have started
    @kvruns

Yes and no. From what I recall, wife swap was more for cultural exposure...this show is for people who are on the brink of divorce.

For example, there is a playboy who doesn't value his homemaker wife and a man who is married to an independent woman and he just wants to cater to someone and feel loved (their descriptions, not mine lol) they swapped and were having these missing needs met. 

The husband who felt undervalued had roses and champagne waiting for his new spouse upon her arrival. It was just super weird and made us cringe 
  • I was thinking Wife Swap too, @nbsquared2017 but I guess the big difference is on the brink of divorce?  Why would you share a bed? Seems so strange to me.
    @short+sassy, expected or not, that's a lot to come out of your pockets at one time. Here's hoping you have some bill free weeks ahead of you to play catch up.
    @missjeanlouise, those pictures are amazing.  like, right out of a magazine amazing.  Glad you had a good time.  Would you recommend it? 

• @missJeanLouise What beautiful pictures!!  The colours, especially in the last temple are stunning

• Hi all! 

We had a amazing dinner Saturday night. I am still thinking about it. We left stuffed, and so much so that I had to discreetly unzip the side of my jumpsuit. 

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing. We bought H some new clothes which he desperately needed, and we started watching The Fall on Netlfix. 
  • @CharmedPam I would absolutely recommend it! The exchange rate alone makes it worth it. We stayed in a very nice guesthouse for $35/night, dinner was like $17 each night, we hired a private driver to take us from one side of the island to the other (5hours) and he charged us $100USD, we obviously gave him a generous tip. The country is full of amazing temples, beaches, and experiences. It is still recovering in some places but the people are friendly and the roads are in better condition than a lot I saw in the states. It is kindof like a less touristy Thailand.
  • Had a nice weekend! 

Saturday was our town's celebration day.   The main street closes in the afternoon and tents go up from local vendors for food and just street sales.   We had dinner at the marina (hosted by one of the owners clubs) and then walked the fair.   Bought Chiquita an ice cream cone and then we were off to the marina to have a great seat for the fireworks.   It was great!

Sunday we stayed low and I read about another 40 pages of my book in between laundry loads and scrubbing my fridge.
  • Weekend was good, even though H was gone and all I did was clean and pack. I went to bed early and watched a TON of Grey’s. 

Were still waiting on final closing details and it’s deiving me crazy. Late on Friday we heard we are set to close (yay!) but that it will be Monday and not Friday. That’s not going to work for me or H in terms of work. So now the lawyers are arguing about it because one guy forgot to click a button clearing our file. I have a glimmer of hope Friday could still happen but it’s not looking good. My general stress level is about a 9 right now. 
  • We had a great weekend. DD and the twins came home with me last Wednesday. A friend, DD and I hosted a bridal shower for a high school friend of DD's on Saturday. It was so much fun - but exhausting. DS1, DIL and DS2 came home on Friday night so they met the twins. It was great having everyone home for the weekend. SIL came down Friday after work. My sons were great were the twins. DS1 in particular was very comfortable handling newborns which was pretty impressive considering he has really never been around small babies. It took DS2 a little while but he did great. DIL loved them both. I took a two hour nap after everyone left yesterday. Laundry and cleaning was yesterday too.

This afternoon I have bookclub. It is the first one I've made it to since the twins were born. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends. It is suppose to be a pool party but it is looking like it might rain - no worries we always have a good time! I just finished a caprese salad with basil from my garden and fresh tomatoes from the farmers market - yummy! Can't beat that in the summer! 
  • @charlotte989875, really hope they realize the glitch was on their end and you get the Friday closing. FX for ya
    @ilovebeachmusic, man a garden fresh caprese salad sounds REALLY good right about now. Glad your'e getting a lot of grandbaby time in :) 

• Holla, ;) 

We had an all right weekend.  Friday was low-key.  DH got his tattoo completed Saturday and I worked.  We went to my sister's Saturday night to celebrate my mom's bday and the bday of a family friend.  Yesterday, we slept in, I went to the store, and then we bummed around the house and day drank.  
  • Weekend was good.  We ended up eating a great dinner at the new Dutch restaurant in town, then went to take care of a friend's dog, then just came home.  K ended up crashing super early, which they obviously needed, so I let them sleep.  Saturday morning, we ran some random errands that have been piling up.  I came home, started writing thank yous.  I went out with a friend for dinner and a show, while K went to their parent's house to host a camping trip for their roller derby team.  Back home Sunday.  We went to the drag show brunch, but left before the show started (neither of us feeling it and we were full) and then just hung out until it was time for them to go to work.  

It was kind of a whole lot of nothin', but it was fun.

One of my friends who is a really great real estate agent posted a house that was 2400 sq. feet and $110K.  That's incredibly cheap even for here.  I asked about it, they gave me some info, and well...there's a reason it's that cheap.  I'm not interested, thanks.  But it was weird for me to sit and think about buying a house with K.  I'm still pretty gun shy about a lot of things and I'm content where we are right now.  K says they are too, so that's good.  It's still weird. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    Weekend was good.  We ended up eating a great dinner at the new Dutch restaurant in town, then went to take care of a friend's dog, then just came home.  K ended up crashing super early, which they obviously needed, so I let them sleep.  Saturday morning, we ran some random errands that have been piling up.  I came home, started writing thank yous.  I went out with a friend for dinner and a show, while K went to their parent's house to host a camping trip for their roller derby team.  Back home Sunday.  We went to the drag show brunch, but left before the show started (neither of us feeling it and we were full) and then just hung out until it was time for them to go to work.  

It was kind of a whole lot of nothin', but it was fun.

One of my friends who is a really great real estate agent posted a house that was 2400 sq. feet and $110K.  That's incredibly cheap even for here.  I asked about it, they gave me some info, and well...there's a reason it's that cheap.  I'm not interested, thanks.  But it was weird for me to sit and think about buying a house with K.  I'm still pretty gun shy about a lot of things and I'm content where we are right now.  K says they are too, so that's good.  It's still weird. 
    @VarunaTT Immediately my brain goes to "why? is it haunted?" and then I realize it probably just needs a lot of work....

• Hahaha.  My question was, "Does it have termites!?!?".  But yes, it had one owner for the last 18 years, who was a smoker, and it needs some "upkeep and love" is how my friend put it.  The only reason I was interested was b/c that was hella cheap and it just looked somewhat outdated.  A few coats of paint, I'm in and it would've been a quick sell when we did move.  More than that and my apartment is still just fine!
  • @missJeanLouise the photos are amazing, and I just squeeeee'd at the monkey with baby monkey photo. 

Good weekend here too in that, on Sunday afternoon, I got to go to a winery with a close friend, sans kids or husbands. Your conversations are just so much freer when it's only you and your friend, KWIM? We had a blast. 

I felt really frustrated this weekend because the weather really sucked and I felt very cooped up. So many of our weekends are already planned for us- seeing family, friends having a kid's birthday, whatever. On the rare occasion we have a weekend of almost no commitments, we're usually stuck doing massive chores and errands. Well, Saturday, we had very little to do- I wanted to take the baby to the beach or a pool or downtown or SOMETHING but noooo, the weather sucked. Stayed inside except for a trip to the dollar store. Then, Sunday morning, I was supposed to cheer on DH at his half marathon. I was really looking forward to doing that, and taking the baby around downtown, maybe the riverwalk. But noooooo, the weather sucked. Stayed in. I live in one of the best cities in the US and I feel like I never enjoy it as much as I should. << end vent! >>

• VarunaTT said:
    Hahaha.  My question was, "Does it have termites!?!?".  But yes, it had one owner for the last 18 years, who was a smoker, and it needs some "upkeep and love" is how my friend put it.  The only reason I was interested was b/c that was hella cheap and it just looked somewhat outdated.  A few coats of paint, I'm in and it would've been a quick sell when we did move.  More than that and my apartment is still just fine!
    yeah you posted pics of your new pad and I LOVE it.  Live in there for awhile :)