Wedding Woes

Hello...hello.

How are you wonderful ladies doing? Today is my first day back to work and I am still on summer time. Man, I need my mid-morning nap.

How are the kids, husbands, dogs? I'm good. Didn't travel as much this summer. Saving for something big. More info to come later.:)

Is it still dead around her? WW's will never be bust like back in the day. I'll try and pop in more often this school year. It just got so busy because we lost a counselor and I was working like a Hebrew slave last year.

Re: Hello...hello.

• Hi Mrs. Cold

Thanks for keeping the board alive. 
  • NOLA! DON'T TEASE US LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, glad to hear things are going well.  Kids went back to school yesterday.  Pretty typical SSDD around here.  The kiddo is a HS senior if you can believe that.  ;)  

I am on the edge of my seat for your updates.  <3 
  • What??? High school. Man, the children grow up so fast. I'm glad you and the fam are well.
  • I think, lately, it's been dead because of people's summer and vacations.  Some regs have hopped off :(  

• Good to "see" you again!  I'm also looking forward to your updates.

My usual mellow job has been super busy and driving me nuts lately.  But I still like it here.  I was supposed to take today off and get blood work for an upcoming dr. appt. but, I'll be out most of next week, and just couldn't afford the time.  So now I'm going to have to reschedule my dr. appt.  Oh well!

On the bright side, I'm out most of next week because I'm going back to CA to visit family.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh so, LONG story but my stepdad and I do not really have a relationship. He told his new wife some huge lies and huge family closet skeletons that was completely unnecessary and he's been a pretty big ass (not to mention that his wife is wearing my dead mom's clothes). Plus his new wife is just a terrible terrible person. 

I don't just hold grudges, I nurture them and make sure they get plenty of sun and water so they will grow big and strong for years to come. I am holding such a grudge against SD. 

Well, a family friend is coming into town in a couple weeks for a preseason game and staying at my house. We'll be at the game all day Saturday, she's leaving Sunday morning and I just texted her about Friday night and maybe I'd BBQ. She said she wanted to see SD at some point during the weekend. So now WTF do I do? Invite him to my house? Hope he doesn't bring his disgusting  succubus lovely wife? Tell Friend to have fun with him and I'll see her later? 

UGHHHH. I LOVE this woman and she might be the only person I'd set aside my well cared for grudge for. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Do you think you both can play nice for a few hours? If not, then I would tell her to have a great time hanging out with SD and the new wife. 
  • Ugh so, LONG story but my stepdad and I do not really have a relationship. He told his new wife some huge lies and huge family closet skeletons that was completely unnecessary and he's been a pretty big ass (not to mention that his wife is wearing my dead mom's clothes). Plus his new wife is just a terrible terrible person. 

I don't just hold grudges, I nurture them and make sure they get plenty of sun and water so they will grow big and strong for years to come. I am holding such a grudge against SD. 

Well, a family friend is coming into town in a couple weeks for a preseason game and staying at my house. We'll be at the game all day Saturday, she's leaving Sunday morning and I just texted her about Friday night and maybe I'd BBQ. She said she wanted to see SD at some point during the weekend. So now WTF do I do? Invite him to my house? Hope he doesn't bring his disgusting  succubus lovely wife? Tell Friend to have fun with him and I'll see her later? 

UGHHHH. I LOVE this woman and she might be the only person I'd set aside my well cared for grudge for. 

I think if it were me.  And my dislike was that strong for multiple good and valid reasons.  I'd tell her, "Oh, okay!  I understand if you want to see SD Fri. night.  We'll have leftover BBQ in the fridge for you, if you're still hungry when you get back to the house."

Either she'll pick up the subtle message that SD/wife are NOT a welcome presence in your home.  Or, if she suggests they come over so everyone can spend time together, then I'd make a general statement like, "SD and I don't get along well (or something to that effect) and I don't want to spend an evening with him."

I know it can be hard to bring up unpleasant things.  Especially with people we like.  You'll just need to decide which is the lesser of two evils.  Being a little blunt about your feelings.  Or spending an entire evening with SD/wife.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like what @short+sassy said.  Maybe she only needs an hr or 2 with them?

• So now the sellers attorney is MIA. So is his assistant. Won’t return calls or emails from our attorney. It’s only been 24 hours but I’m panicking. H wonders why I always jump to the worst possible conclusion (that the sale is falling through) but it’s because it’s possible. 
  • I am sorry Charlotte. I hope they turn up soon. 

SSC- I agree with Short+Sassy. Let her hang out with him away from you.

Happy anniversary Banana!!

Thanks, me too. Our agent just called theirs and nothing their either. It’s making me nervous. 

Im sorry about your sellers (yesterday’s post) I don’t understand why people do that. I just sold some dresses on eBay and a buyer put in multiple offers on the same dress, I accepted the second one and then nothing. Didn’t pay, didn’t respond to messages, just MIA. 

Thanks, me too. Our agent just called theirs and nothing their either. It’s making me nervous. 

Im sorry about your sellers (yesterday’s post) I don’t understand why people do that. I just sold some dresses on eBay and a buyer put in multiple offers on the same dress, I accepted the second one and then nothing. Didn’t pay, didn’t respond to messages, just MIA. 
    People are so frustrating. What are your options if they don’t surface today? Try again tomorrow or what?

I am in a constant state of worry when I'm buying a property, lol, so I hear ya!  But, more than likely, it doesn't mean anything.  It could be as simple as the attorney and/or the asst. didn't have time yesterday and it's an unspoken "we don't work on a lot of Fridays" kind of place.

Out of curiosity, what's with all the attorneys?  Is that a NY thing?  Where I live, it is typically an attorney who works for the title company that performs the closing.  But it doesn't have to be.  I had one closing where it was just me and the notary.  I've never retained an attorney for a real estate purchase and none of the sellers I've had, did either.  So I'm interested to find out if that is something that varies by state and/or region!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

People are so frustrating. What are your options if they don’t surface today? Try again tomorrow or what?
    I don’t know what options we have besides to keep calling them. There is no timeframe they have to respond within (I just asked that to our attorney) and there’s nothing else we can do now besides wait. Nothing is official until it’s official so it’s not yet our house and they still own it until we sign everything. 
  • @charlotte989875, you deserve ALL of the drinks when this is over. 

SSDD plus a facial later and then dinner with my parents. I was going to stay home today but then the place I used to go to had a great special for the type of facial that makes my skin look fantastic and I decided I had to go. 

FI is going to a UFC game on Saturday for work and is going to stay out in LA, so I'm going out with FSIL for dinner. Other than that just studying and trying to keep cool this weekend. 

I am in a constant state of worry when I'm buying a property, lol, so I hear ya!  But, more than likely, it doesn't mean anything.  It could be as simple as the attorney and/or the asst. didn't have time yesterday and it's an unspoken "we don't work on a lot of Fridays" kind of place.

Out of curiosity, what's with all the attorneys?  Is that a NY thing?  Where I live, it is typically an attorney who works for the title company that performs the closing.  But it doesn't have to be.  I had one closing where it was just me and the notary.  I've never retained an attorney for a real estate purchase and none of the sellers I've had, did either.  So I'm interested to find out if that is something that varies by state and/or region!

It is definitely a NY thing; the bolded is how our buying/selling process worked in Ohio. In NY if you have a mortgage you’re required to be present at closing, have an attorney, and have to go to the court house to sign the deed. It’s ridiculous. So if both buyer/seller have mortgages everyone needs their own attorney. 

Im so frustrated by the process here. We just heard the seller wants until next Wednesday to close. I sent a pretty snarky email to our attorney telling h to push back because that’s ridiculous. 
  • @charlotte989875 has the seller said why they want to keep pushing it back? This is ridiculous. Weren't you supposed to close like two weeks ago?

• levioosa said:
    @charlotte989875 has the seller said why they want to keep pushing it back? This is ridiculous. Weren't you supposed to close like two weeks ago?
    First it was the lender (we’ll really our rep who didn’t sign off on the paperwork properly) that pushed it back, then the lender had more questions about my job change. But now the seller is delaying because according to the attorney “they need to coordinate the sale simultaneous to their purchase and they can’t get numbers ready until Wednesday”. Which sounds like bullshit to me. 
  • levioosa said:
    @charlotte989875 has the seller said why they want to keep pushing it back? This is ridiculous. Weren't you supposed to close like two weeks ago?
    First it was the lender (we’ll really our rep who didn’t sign off on the paperwork properly) that pushed it back, then the lender had more questions about my job change. But now the seller is delaying because according to the attorney “they need to coordinate the sale simultaneous to their purchase and they can’t get numbers ready until Wednesday”. Which sounds like bullshit to me. 
    Ugh how frustrating!! Sounds like bullshit to me too. I'm sorry they keep dicking you around!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • levioosa said:
    Ugh how frustrating!! Sounds like bullshit to me too. I'm sorry they keep dicking you around!
    There may have been more than a few snarky emails to our attorney. One may or may not have said something to the effect of “and as our attorney cant someone advise them we need to close earlier”. No one gets paid until we close so I really don’t understand the lack of urgency here. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

HI NOLA!!!!

Getting ready for back to school (4th, 2nd, kinder). I just finished my back to school shopping.  Hit the grocery for $5 off 50 in gift cards then went through ebates for everything.  Bought all of the stuff to fill snack bins and a bunch of frozen fruit to portion out for smoothies.

Got another soccer schedule and now I'm setting up all of the team admin shit.  I think the coach is already annoyed with me. Hope he doesn't take it out on 6let.

This weekend Trump will be about 2 miles from my house.  I'm going to be spending the day drinking since we won't be able to go anywhere.

I usually like to listen to the local AM station in the evening.  All of the OSU drama is making me want to punch the radio.

• ...and our agent just yelled at our lawyers. It’s getting crazycakes on Friday afternoon. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    I applied for a job several weeks ago and was asked to give references in advance. Then I interviewed with two partners who seemed to really like me. They told me that "next week they woukd get back to me about what comes next and wouldn't leave me on the dark."

Then several weeks of silence go by.

I followed up with them today and was apologized to for the lack of communication, but told that they'd decided to downgrade the job to an entry-level position but want to "keep my resume" on file for the future and "will be in touch" the next time they want to hire someone at my level.

As if. Like I would ever want to work there in the future after this. I'm sure that the only way I'd know they'd want to hire someone at my level ever again is when the job reappears on job hunting sites like Indeed.

So much bullshit. Meanwhile, I'm broke and have no way to get out of being broke. Everyone fucking wants money from me, but nobody wants to hire me and pay me enough that I can support myself without help from my parents, who keep chewing me up because of this stupid situation.

• levioosa said:
    There may have been more than a few snarky emails to our attorney. One may or may not have said something to the effect of “and as our attorney cant someone advise them we need to close earlier”. No one gets paid until we close so I really don’t understand the lack of urgency here. 
    Sorry to hear this! I hope you are able to close soon. This is annoying.
  • Jen4948 said:
    I applied for a job several weeks ago and was asked to give references in advance. Then I interviewed with two partners who seemed to really like me. They told me that "next week they woukd get back to me about what comes next and wouldn't leave me on the dark."

Then several weeks of silence go by.

I followed up with them today and was apologized to for the lack of communication, but told that they'd decided to downgrade the job to an entry-level position but want to "keep my resume" on file for the future and "will be in touch" the next time they want to hire someone at my level.

As if. Like I would ever want to work there in the future after this. I'm sure that the only way I'd know they'd want to hire someone at my level ever again is when the job reappears on job hunting sites like Indeed.

So much bullshit. Meanwhile, I'm broke and have no way to get out of being broke. Everyone fucking wants money from me, but nobody wants to hire me and pay me enough that I can support myself without help from my parents, who keep chewing me up because of this stupid situation.

ugh. So sorry, @Jen4948, this is extremely frustrating.  I keep hoping something comes along for you.  My fingers and toes are crossed.