Wedding Woes

Thursday!

It's almost the weekend!  YAY!  :) 

My grandparents are going to be in town.  I can't wait to see them and the whole fam-damily. 

SSDD around here.  Still feels weird that the kids are back in school. 

Prudie coming up.  :D 

Re: Thursday!

• Ugh, how is it not Friday yet?
  • Ugh, how is it not Friday yet?
    Truth. 
  • H leaves for his mom's today. Not sure if I'll see him before he goes. Looking forward to a quiet weekend of nothing at all. I'm scheduling my errands all around the same time Saturday so I only have to leave the house once from Friday night to Monday morning.

I don't know WTF I did but my back is KILLING me. Like I can barely move and I'm walking all hunchy like my 89 year old grandma did. Last night I craked my sleep number up to like 95 and just laid there all night. H, the saint, mowed the lawn and did the floors. He's the best. 

Last week I got a new Garmin activity tracker. It tracks stress. My annoying coworker has been out two weeks and I'm interested to see what differences are in my stress when she comes back next week.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I got canceled today. The universe either knew I needed a break or it’s preparing me for the news that I failed the final. Last night’s test was rough. Then I couldn’t sleep because I was so stressed. I slept in the second bedroom because I was supposed to go to work today and also because the fire nearby is irritating my bronchitis riddled lungs. It took me two hours to fall asleep and right after I was finally able to FI came into the room because he missed me and he woke me up. 

Yosemite is still tentative. Yesterday containment jumped from 43% to 68%. I had resigned myself to the fact we’d have to cancel and now I’m hopeful again. I’m in a glass case of emotion. 

Now that I don’t have work I’m trying to decide what to do with my day. Relax? Try to get a last minute massage? Run errands? Meal prep? So many possibilities. 

• Congrats on the house!! @charlotte989875
    SSC- I hope your back feels better soon! Your H sounds like a keeper!

I actually overslept for my massage today. It was at 11. :\ luckily I was able to reschedule for tomorrow. 

But I was able to have lunch with a friend in town, then get to the mall to price check a few things, I bought some plants. Now I am back at home, excited for Prudie and not doing anything for the rest of the evening. The only thing that could make it better is if I could have a bottle of wine.
  • I'm here!  Just trying to get through the day!  Thankful for Prudie!

Last night was just one thing to the next.  I felt like I didn't get to relax once my yoga class was done.  I slept like a log though!

Not sure what is up for today.  Probably SSDD.

Charlotte - Congrats on the house!

SSC - Hope you back feels better.  I love those the Thermacare heat wraps that you can wear all day.  Just don't buy generic of those, the generic ones are not nearly as good.

• Yosemite Ferguson Fire containment just jumped to 79%! 

• This is the longest week ever. I'm going to be cleaning out the spare bedroom tonight as I have people visiting in a couple of weeks. It's so funny how when H and I moved here almost 4 years ago all of our friends were so excited to visit  and we've had like 3 people actually come  :D:D
  • Looks great @Charlotte989875
    @shessocold, I need that stress tracker.  I KNOW I have it when certain people are around me
    woohoo @levioosa, a freebie day.  Use is wisely.

Today is my Friday.  I have a facial scheduled for tomorrow but I don't know if I can go!  I know I have sensitive skin.  Last night I did my nightly regime of washing my face, putting on my good genes, letting that dry and then my curology lotion.  Same formula.  New bottle. I woke up and my face was warm and tight.  Turns out - it's burned.  I burned my freaking face!  nothing else was new last night but a refreshed bottle.  I looked and it says nothing has changed!!!  ugh.  If it doesn't go down by tomorrow I dont think they'll do the facial on me and it's a day wasted.

Last night I used my groupon on a local psychic.  I got the groupon emailed to me as I think she was a "highlighted" or spotlight merchant.  It was $15.80 and her reviews were really good!
    OMG such a scam.  She didn't get ONE thing right. She said "are you guys moving?  buying a condo?"  we have NO plans to move but we did just buy a condo in January so that was the closest thing to something remotely correct.  It was 25 minutes long and she did NOT get my tip that I had set aside for her. Sorry, tips are for the real deal.

• levioosa said:
    Yosemite Ferguson Fire containment just jumped to 79%! 
    That's awful!  I vote for relaxing today.  

Congrats @charlotte989875!  Your congressman was mentioned in an article I read this morning too - glad they busted him!

@shessocold hope you feel better!

Last night I felt claustrophobic or car sick or something and went to bed super early.  I work through Saturday this week (for a wedding) and then the fun begins!  We're doing a Pedal Pub downtown for the BFF's birthday on Sunday and then Monday night her and I are going to see Beyonce and Jay-Z!  I may need to locate some xanax or something for her first because the older we get, the more anxiety she gets from pyro.  She ran out of the Drake concert a couple years ago!

Today is work and then hubs has a fundraiser.  Yesterday was his day off - now it's zero days off through November.  The final tally came in and he beat the incumbent by 1,481 votes.  I can't wait to see what they try to slime him with, since he has an untarnishable reputation (unlike his wife LOL).  Thankfully, at the state level it's very frowned on to attack spouses. ;)
  • @kimmiinthemitten that’s actually supposed to be a good thing.  :s up until 2 days ago it was at 43% and it’s been burning for 27 days. =( congrats to your H! 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yay Charlotte!!

i thought the costco ad started yesterday so we went. I dropped $85.  Went back today when the ad really started and dropped another $150.  Back to school snacks are loaded into their bins though. 

Kids are driving me up a bloody wall and Dh is going to be out Friday night.  His mom and stepdad are coming over Saturday. I’m no too sure I can keep my tongue in check. I’m getting a haircut and saying peace out instead. 

Got my period a week early. Grrrrrr
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oooh and kid brag- we got 6let’s standardized test results. He scored an 804 out of 814 on the math portion. 
  • Congrats @charlotte989875!  It's a cute house.

Celebrating my mom's birthday tonight with my brother's family and then tomorrow night with her siblings.  Yay for good food and cake two nights in a row!

I didn't get the job I was recruited for, but was told there would be another position and I should be sure to apply when that is posted.  I'm disappointed but I like where I'm at and since I wasn't looking, I'll just continue on here.

In October I'll be traveling to Phoenix for work and will be there 3 weeks.  I'm hoping my BFF will be able to come for a weekend while I'm there.  

Otherwise SSDD.
  • The Prudie thread about the work event is reminding me, yet again, that I have a work event coming up two weeks from today. It's a retirement party for an executive. If not for the fact that just this year I joined the team she used to head, I wouldn't have been invited. 
    I don't even know who RSPV'd. Some of the guest list I know and get along with; I can only hope such people are coming because the socially awkward part of me is really really really dreading this. But, like I said, new team for me, so I don't even technically have my teammates to cling to if I don't want to talk to anyone else. We mostly sit in our respective offices and quietly get our work done (which suits me). Ugh.