Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding Recap 7/14/18 (pro pics!)

**Edited for grammar** Let me start off by saying, the 10 days leading up to our wedding were insane. By that I mean:
* A groomsman dropped out
* My parents and I had an argument 2 weeks before the wedding. (They don't hold the purse strings; but my relationship with them is complicated and my mom is toxic to begin with) and they refused to come to our wedding :( My groom and I were devastated by this one week before our wedding, I cried for a couple of days. My sister (a bm) tried with much effort to convince them to come. My youngest sister who is 17 and still lives at home (another bm) was able to be in the wedding party still. 
* Because of this, I had to change everything with the ceremony, photography, dj, florist. 
*My own daughter walked me down the aisle and gave me away. 
* We decided on a first look, and we're so glad we did!!!
*Oh, and I was awake at 2 am; my sisters at 3 am. We got very little sleep.

That said, everyone said we had a beautiful wedding, and they loved the food, cake, venue, everything! Our event planner for Diamond Mills was an absolute angel! 
Here are some highlights from our morning/day Wedding at Diamond Mills Hotel in Saugerties, NY!

Re: Wedding Recap 7/14/18 (pro pics!)

• PS---our original officiant fell and broke her leg 2 days before the wedding. Her SIL is ordained, too, he is a good friend and was able to marry us ♡ His MIL (Original Officiant) is recovering from surgery and is doing well. Thank Goodness!  What a week though! ***whew***
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    **Edited for grammar** Let me start off by saying, the 10 days leading up to our wedding were insane. By that I mean:
    * A groomsman dropped out
    * My parents and I had an argument 2 weeks before the wedding. (They don't hold the purse strings; but my relationship with them is complicated and my mom is toxic to begin with) and they refused to come to our wedding My groom and I were devastated by this one week before our wedding, I cried for a couple of days. My sister (a bm) tried with much effort to convince them to come. My youngest sister who is 17 and still lives at home (another bm) was able to be in the wedding party still. 
    * Because of this, I had to change everything with the ceremony, photography, dj, florist. 
    *My own daughter walked me down the aisle and gave me away. 
    * We decided on a first look, and we're so glad we did!!!
    *Oh, and I was awake at 2 am; my sisters at 3 am. We got very little sleep.

That said, everyone said we had a beautiful wedding, and they loved the food, cake, venue, everything! Our event planner for Diamond Mills was an absolute angel! 
    Here are some highlights from our morning/day Wedding at Diamond Mills Hotel in Saugerties, NY!

Your pictures are lovely. 

As is often said on the boards, at the end of the day, focus on the wedding and the happiness.  It looks as if you were successful in doing so.  It is very unfortunate your parents made the choice they did.  I can't help but think there will be regret.

As an aside, I have to say I think your sister's hair suits her perfectly and I frankly did not even notice initially.  The LAST word I would use to describe her hair style is "gross" or even extreme.  I honestly think it looks lovely.

Congratulations.
  • Yess! Exactly what mobKaz said!! 

You're beautiful and how sweet that your daughter walked down the aisle. And looking at the pictures, I am not distracted in any way by your sister's hair and I agree that it suits her. 

Congratulations!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Looks like a great day.  You looked beautiful and happy and that's what you're going to remember.  So sorry you had to encounter that with your parents though.  

• Congrats!  It looks like such beautiful day and everyone is so happy.  You look gorgeous and I love the pics.

I remember you were stressing a little about finding your daughter's dress.  It's so pretty!  She looks great.

I'm sorry about your parents.  That was really crappy.  But kudos to you for not letting it ruin your day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You looked lovely and your dress was gorgeous! The things that seemed to go wrong (with the exception of your parents' refusal to attend, which was sad) might be the things you remember most and laugh about in the years to come.