Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

song ideas

My soon to be step daughter (15) is walking her dad down the aisle and my son(6) will be walking me down the aisle.  Our kids are the only ones in our wedding party so i want the song to be perfect. One song? Two songs? Our wedding is very casual,rustic. Any ideas?

Re: song ideas

• Options
    I know a lot of people like having two songs to help set apart the bride, but I had a wedding party with 6 attendants, and there were four parents. The groom/groomspeople stood at the front from the beginning, the bridesmaids came in each alone, and my mother and two in-laws also processed in before me and my dad. We all made it in one song.

But as far as an actual song, what genres do you guys like? I actually chose a cello/piano version of a pop song ("A Thousand Years" by the Piano Guys) but the usual version is a song DH and I already both really liked. 
    For example, if you both like hard rock, there could be a soft acoustic version of a rock ballad. So, even your favorite stuff, if not usually wedding appropriate, could be made wedding appropriate. And, are you having a live musician or someone manning a CD player, or DJ?  That really affects your options. 

• Options
    We like all sorts of music so we are very open. Our wedding is very casual and the dj will be playing whatever we decide. I love " a thousand years" that was one song i had picked out. The other one i have picked is caleb and kelsey's " shania twain medley
  • Options
    Nice! I mean, I really don't think you can go wrong if the song means something to the two of you. I know someone who processed to something by Aphex Twin. 
    I've found that Pinterest has some listicles on wedding music and maybe your DJ could give you ideas of what they've heard over the years. 

• Options
    thank you
  • Options
    Nice! I mean, I really don't think you can go wrong if the song means something to the two of you. I know someone who processed to something by Aphex Twin. 
    I've found that Pinterest has some listicles on wedding music and maybe your DJ could give you ideas of what they've heard over the years. 

I am the worst at thinking of songs, lol.  But these are good suggestions for some ideas.  I didn't even pick my own, lol.  My mom made a suggestion and my H and I said, "Sure. Sounds good."  It was a classical song I liked.  I don't even remember which one. 

I just realized I am probably not the best example of how to do this, LMAO.

At any rate, I think either one or two songs would be just fine.  Maybe plan for one.  But then, if you all narrow down to two and can't decide, have them both.  A good DJ will be able to shorten the songs and have one flow to the next, if you all opt for two.

It sounds so lovely and charming that your all's children will be walking you each down the aisle and they comprise the WP.  What a wonderful way to start a new, combined family!

Wedding Countdown Ticker