Wedding Woes
Options

Friiiiiiiday!

I'm developing a problem. I'm expecting seven shipments in the next week or so. I'm not usually a shopper and definitely not online so I don't know what's happening. 

In my defense (see I'm already trying to justify this LOL), most of the stuff is "free" to me (using gift cards, reimbursements from work, exchanges, etc.) but I still feel like it's too much.

I'm so excited for the weekend! H and I are going to the lake - he's never been! My sister's had this place for like 6-7 years and H has never been! We're doing a float trip down the river tomorrow. I've got my hangover ramen ready to go for tomorrow morning and Sunday!

What's going on this weekend for you guys? 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Friiiiiiiday!

• Options

Thanks for the reminder.  I was supposed to have received a package from Sam'sClub.com on Wed.  I just checked and "supposedly" it is coming today.  At least it didn't get lost or stolen off my porch.  This particular order has already annoyed me because it is a monthly "auto-send".  Except they "couldn't process the order because our internal system is down and we'll try again in a few days".  Apparently their "internal system" was still down when they tried the few days later and they cancelled the order.  So, of course, it takes me over a week before remembering to place the order also coincided with a time when it was convenient for me to actually do it, lol.  And here I thought it was just my local Sam's Clubs that needlessly wastes my time with their dysfunctional systems.  <<rant over>>

Ugh, it has just been one of those days at work.  A package that I thought was going to take me 30 minutes this morning to finish up, ended up taking almost 2 hours.  In a nutshell, it's uploading an Excel spreadsheet in a database that is super, super nit-picky and particular.  And it just kept failing, because I wasn't finding all the errors the first time around.  Or 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, lol.

But, other than all of that, I'm having a good day.  I'm looking forward to the weekend and relaxation.   No plans, other than having lunch today or tomorrow at the new NYC-style deli I was talking about yesterday.  I'm really leaning toward today, even though the parking would be easier over the weekend.  I feel like that would be setting my weekend off on a high note.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used to have a package delivered every day! I'm getting better but I still buy EVERYthing online.  It would arrive via prime faster than I could get it in stores.
    @banana468, enjoy your kid free night!

My workout is done, so I have laundry and movie watching to do tonight, H will be working.  Saturday I have to pick up a book from the library....hopefully get around to reading it (I'm a fast reader, but I don't read often if that makes sense), go to the chiro and the farmers market and then maybe clean up around the house a bit.  Nothing really exciting in our future. 

• Options
    @banana468 enjoy the kid-free night!

@ShesSoCold I've been ordering so much online lately that I've got the opposite problem where I'm concerned that I DON'T have any packages coming. I feel like I'm missing something. Probably a good thing in the long run!

Weekend should be fun. Tonight we're going to a car show in a neighboring town. They close down a bunch of the streets and bring in lots of classic cars, along with food vendors, drinks and bands. It's a lot of fun. 

Tomorrow we'll go into town and check out the arts festival. I won't buy anything but they hold it on along the lakeshore so it'll be a pretty day for a walk and more food truck food.

Sunday we're going to take the dog to a state park to do a little hiking. Up until recently we couldn't take the dog anywhere because he was so leash reactive. We tried again a few weeks ago and he was an angel so now H wants to take him everywhere. Fingers crossed our good luck holds up and we don't get to a park that's an hour away for Fred to instantly start barking and screeching at everyone and everything. 
  • Options
    Has anyone had breast augmentation/implants done? I have an appointment Aug 6th, and on the 9th.  I have been researching for months on realself.com and found a doc near here but when I called, I found out he was retired but they gave me a consult with his replacement. So here's my question for those who have done it:

1. Was your consultation free?  One is free and one isn't ($80)
    2. I'm hoping to get this done in November, am I starting to early? I was just trying to get in for pricing and advise and all that from what you get with a consultation.  Are GOOD doctors booked out past 3 months? I want to get the apt for the day I want (thanksgiving week so I'll have 2 days off I don't need to take off)

• Options

SSC - Enjoy your weekend at the lake!  Sounds fun!

Banana - Enjoy your kid free night!

We have a busy weekend ahead of us.  Tomorrow I am having some friends over for a BBQ.  Then on Sunday is Rib-BQ at my brother's house.  Somewhere in all of that we need to fit in church and some household chores.

Last night we went to Chili's for dinner.  We were trying to stay on the inexpensive side and stick with burgers.  But I found a chicken and waffles dish that still fit into the budget.  Both H & I got one.  It was so delicious!  Even DD loved her chicken & pasta dish!  It was the first time I ate at Chili's, so I will keep it on my list for future dinners!  It was also a good portion and good price.  I'm having my leftovers for lunch today!

We then went to Target and found some great deals on their meats.  Then over to BJs for a limited bulk shopping trip.

• Options
    Has anyone had breast augmentation/implants done? I have an appointment Aug 6th, and on the 9th.  I have been researching for months on realself.com and found a doc near here but when I called, I found out he was retired but they gave me a consult with his replacement. So here's my question for those who have done it:

1. Was your consultation free?  One is free and one isn't ($80)
    2. I'm hoping to get this done in November, am I starting to early? I was just trying to get in for pricing and advise and all that from what you get with a consultation.  Are GOOD doctors booked out past 3 months? I want to get the apt for the day I want (thanksgiving week so I'll have 2 days off I don't need to take off)
    I had the opposite done so I can only answer the last question:  yes, good doctors are booked up!  I was able to move all of my stuff up because I was friends with an existing patient who got me on the cancellation list.

Today is my day off, but I have some emails to send and I'm going to drop off yard signs for H.  That's about it though - tomorrow is the wedding with the 3 hour gap.  Sunday is probably more campaign stuff.  

@cupcait927 I spend the most money at those things - you're stronger than I am.

@banana468 sounds like fun!  Enjoy your kid-free night!

@ShesSoCold have fun!  H and I would kill for a nice lake weekend - so have a bunch of beers and bonfires for us.

• Options
    I'm so glad it's the end of this week.

I've decided I need to sit down and start making some personal goals.  I do need to start working out again and I'm going to make a personal reading goal.  I miss reading and it's so easy to not read; I need to make it a priority.  I think I might pick a 3rd one and start easy.

K and I are finally making a budget this weekend (I kept bringing it up, it got put off, I've got some baggage in this area so I decided that I would let them finally bring it up, they have, so now we're on the same page) and we'll take the chance to also make some couple goals. 

I'm slowly dipping my toe into "future together" things.  My person that I've done my gut checks with in "how do you do a long term relationship after a divorce" is out this weekend, so I'm floundering a bit, but I'll get through it.  The thing that most people don't realize unless they've been through a divorce is that you lose your future.  You've made all of these future plans and dreams with your spouse and suddenly, those are gone.  That was a hard realization and painful.  It's also hard to get over and start moving on to make them with someone else.  I think I'm doing okay, but need to push myself just a little bit.  K would like me to be doing better :smiley: but are also giving me the space I need.  

This weekend should be fairly easy.  We have dinner with a friend this evening and K has a show Saturday night.  Other than that, I have more thank you notes and I bought us Pandemic: Season 2.  I am hyped about this new board game.  There are many good things about it:  I miss tabletop gaming, but all of my games were with ex.  So, this game is based off a game I love, but this version new to me and I can share it with K without baggage.  K likes the original version, so I'm hoping we have fun.  The game has amazing reviews.
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    This week flew by - I'm hating how busy work is right now!

Yesterday I started going through all my old makeup and throwing away the expired product or the product that needs to be donated. I got one shelf done I'm going to try and finish the rest this evening. 

Tomorrow is crazy busy. I've got pole in the morning and an appointment with my massage therapist after. We are also going to the Kittydelphia festival! I need to get Zeus some new toys and the donation goes to local shelters...should be a fun time! 

Sunday is a pool day. 

• Options
    @short+sassy It's always so rewarding to see positive reactions in your dog after working so hard with them!
  • Options
    Annnnd now H is dragging me to the demolition derby Saturday night. I promised I'd do one activity of his choosing and it was either go see Mission Impossible or go to the demo derby. I chose demo derby because I can't people watch or drink beers at the movie theater.
  • Options
    Annnnd now H is dragging me to the demolition derby Saturday night. I promised I'd do one activity of his choosing and it was either go see Mission Impossible or go to the demo derby. I chose demo derby because I can't people watch or drink beers at the movie theater.
    The theater by us just started serving full menus and alcohol. Interesting concept, however, I prefer to be able to see my food when I eat it. 
  • Options
    Fucking knot ate my post after I tried to edit it.  Grr.  

Anyway besides having FIL's dog for the weekend, we don't have much planned.  DH just left to take DefConn to Colts training camp.  We're going to have dinner with friends tonight.  

Tomorrow, grocery shopping and get stuff done around the house.  Sunday, no idea.  Maybe we'll take FIL's dog back to his house and make dinner for him.  Before he had to unexpectedly go OOT, we were going to go over there to see his completed kitchen.  It was shaping up nicely the last time I was there and I cannot wait to see it finished.  

DH's uncle is in ICU after surgery complications.  It's FIL's closest sibling in age and relationship.  He's improving, but it's still a scary situation for everyone.  FIL is heading over there to visit with him and family.  I've been keeping up on uncle's condition with DH's cousin's wife, who's about to pop with his first grandchild. 
  • Options
    Friyay! 
    Working from home like usual and squeezing in a lot of cleaning where I can. My sister is staying with us a few days because.... Sunday is DD's first birthday! OMG! We're having her party at a restaurant but I still have a long list of stuff to remember to bring... like a candle. Almost forgot to buy a damn candle, haha. 

• Options

Haha!  That reminds me of a Big Bang Theory episode where Amy points out that she never chimes in on what she wants to do, because she doesn't want to make a fuss.  So Penny leads the charge that Amy gets to pick the activity for that day.  Amy wants to go to a basket weaving class at the community center.  The "suffering" look on Penny's face was priceless, lol.

I would have the same look if my H wanted to go to a demolition derby, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is been the longest week ever. Ugh. 

Nothing much planned. I have to go to a wake tonight (childhood friend's dad passed away). 
    Saturday we might take the boat out if the weather is nice. If not, Sunday. 

I hope everyone enjoys their weekends! 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 are you training for another race?
  • Options
    The theater by us just started serving full menus and alcohol. Interesting concept, however, I prefer to be able to see my food when I eat it. 

My H and I tried that for the first time a few months ago.  He thought it was just okay, but I really liked it.  However, even for someone who just wants to stick to popcorn, they did have all kinds of flavors to choose from.  I also thought it was great to have beer/wine/cocktail options.  It was also a set up where you placed your order from the seat and someone brought it out to you.

Just about a month ago, we went to a local movie theatre really close to our house that had recently reopened.  They had food options also with café seating, but I don't think it had the trays at the seats to pull out in the actual theatres?  So that was kind of weird.  And definitely no ordering/serving from within the theatre.  But the bar, yeah!, with cocktail specials.  We got a popcorn, but were going out to dinner afterwards anyway, so I didn't investigate the food options much. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 are you training for another race?
    I’m doing a 15k next weekend and another half in October. Probably won’t do another full until next year because of how much time the training takes. 
  • Options

My H and I tried that for the first time a few months ago.  He thought it was just okay, but I really liked it.  However, even for someone who just wants to stick to popcorn, they did have all kinds of flavors to choose from.  I also thought it was great to have beer/wine/cocktail options.  It was also a set up where you placed your order from the seat and someone brought it out to you.

Just about a month ago, we went to a local movie theatre really close to our house that had recently reopened.  They had food options also with café seating, but I don't think it had the trays at the seats to pull out in the actual theatres?  So that was kind of weird.  And definitely no ordering/serving from within the theatre.  But the bar, yeah!, with cocktail specials.  We got a popcorn, but were going out to dinner afterwards anyway, so I didn't investigate the food options much. 

Not sure if you know this or not, but we're professional movie goers.  It's a real thing. :)  Anyway, our theater does the food & drinks to the seat too.  When it first opened up, we really liked the prices and the quality.  it was the same as going out, so it was a perfect movie/eating combo for us.  However, it's gone so downhill that its not even funny.  Seats are broken.  the leather is slashed and not repaired...or duct taped. The food prices went UP but the quality went down...we prefer to eat out first or after now.  Such a shame because they could get our business if they remained good.

• Options
    @charlotte989875 (it won't let me use the reply feature). Very cool on the races. Where is the half that you're racing? H and I are doing the Rochester half in September. I have no idea when I'm going to my 10-12 mile long runs because every weekend in September before the race we either have plans or I have a bachelorette party weekend. I foresee long runs on weeknights and dinner at 9 pm.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 (it won't let me use the reply feature). Very cool on the races. Where is the half that you're racing? H and I are doing the Rochester half in September. I have no idea when I'm going to my 10-12 mile long runs because every weekend in September before the race we either have plans or I have a bachelorette party weekend. I foresee long runs on weeknights and dinner at 9 pm.
    I’ve heard the Rochester run is great! I’m doing the Queen City Half here in Buffalo; it’s a women-focused run and there’s a women’s only 5k the same day. 

Can you get long runs in during the week? I have a hard time with that but it could work if you run right after work (depending on when you get out or if you can run near work). 
  • Options
    I’ve heard the Rochester run is great! I’m doing the Queen City Half here in Buffalo; it’s a women-focused run and there’s a women’s only 5k the same day. 

Can you get long runs in during the week? I have a hard time with that but it could work if you run right after work (depending on when you get out or if you can run near work). 
    I'll have to keep the Queen City Half in mind for next year! I'm looking forward to the Rochester half. I've been wanting to do it for a couple of years now and it finally (sort of) fit in the schedule.

As for long runs during the week, I'll probably struggle getting the 11 and 12 mile runs in but hopefully I can figure it out. The weekend of my 11 mile run I'm gone from Friday through Sunday, but the 12 mile run I'm only gone Saturday to Sunday, so I foresee getting up VERY early Saturday morning to get my last long run in.
  • Options
    It’s a good thing I had today off because I took NyQuil last night and I just woke up. Apparently it took me down hard. But I definitely needed the sleep. I’m also sure I have bronchitis but since they don’t prescribe antibiotics for it anymore there’s not really anything else to do for it other than the stuff I’m already doing. And it’s not bad enough to go ask for an inhaler. Except for on Wednesday when my school almost killed me with their simulation bs and over producing fog machine in a closed space. 

FSIL and FBIL stayed over yesterday for their day off and we watched the whole Jurassic Park series minus the latest one. Last week was so busy it felt really nice to just stop and chill. 

Insurance reluctantly gave FI another $1,300 for his truck. While it’s still not really fair, it’s better than their original price. We’re debating between two trucks and I do have a favorite one but I’m trying not to push for it too hard. It’s going to be FI’s vehicle and I want him to be happy and without regrets. I’d want the same thing from him if I was shopping for a car. We found a really nice used tundra with almost all of the bells and whistles, so FBIL (sells cars and it’s part of his company) is going to look at it for us to see if there’s any red flags before we get serious about maybe buying it. 

Other than that...lots of studying this weekend. My dad’s bday dinner is on Sunday and I also buy too many things online. I have like five packages arriving today alone. Yay for being a stressed out hermit crab. 

• Options

Not sure if you know this or not, but we're professional movie goers.  It's a real thing. :)  Anyway, our theater does the food & drinks to the seat too.  When it first opened up, we really liked the prices and the quality.  it was the same as going out, so it was a perfect movie/eating combo for us.  However, it's gone so downhill that its not even funny.  Seats are broken.  the leather is slashed and not repaired...or duct taped. The food prices went UP but the quality went down...we prefer to eat out first or after now.  Such a shame because they could get our business if they remained good.

We have a couple of those around us. The one was kind of like yours - (apparently) nice at first but really dumpy now. I wonder if it's the same place - in Aurora? Anyway, the one in Wheaton is nice.

We saw a scary movie once there and I didn't like it. I get all into a scary movie, especially in a dark theater and it kind of messed up the experience for me when I'm all yelling in my head "DON'T OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" and a waitress asks me if I want another drink.

But any other type of movie? Oh fuck yeah. Drinking was the one thing missing from my (super rare) movie experience.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

We have a couple of those around us. The one was kind of like yours - (apparently) nice at first but really dumpy now. I wonder if it's the same place - in Aurora? Anyway, the one in Wheaton is nice.

We saw a scary movie once there and I didn't like it. I get all into a scary movie, especially in a dark theater and it kind of messed up the experience for me when I'm all yelling in my head "DON'T OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" and a waitress asks me if I want another drink.

But any other type of movie? Oh fuck yeah. Drinking was the one thing missing from my (super rare) movie experience.

The "main" one I referred to, which had the ordering from the seat, is part of the Regal Cinema chain.  Which is a nationwide chain that I think has been the "push" for this type of theatre experience.

The food was overpriced for the portion size, for sure.  It's one of the biggest complaints on Yelp.  But the food itself was good.  Not great, but good.  The cocktails/beer/wine were typical prices for a nicer bar.  Not saying they are a "nicer bar", but that was the price range, lol.  Somewhere around $5-$8 for beer/wine.  Cocktails were $12.  I'd go again and order food/drinks.

I was surprised how good the prices were at the "local" theatre I referred to.  A large regular popcorn...which was enormous...was $7.  Large Coke (also bigger than I expected) for H was $3.  Three people munched on the popcorn for the whole movie and there was still some popcorn left over when we left, lol.  Cocktails were $8.  We really liked the theatre and are excited it is so close by. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Not sure if you know this or not, but we're professional movie goers.  It's a real thing. :)  Anyway, our theater does the food & drinks to the seat too.  When it first opened up, we really liked the prices and the quality.  it was the same as going out, so it was a perfect movie/eating combo for us.  However, it's gone so downhill that its not even funny.  Seats are broken.  the leather is slashed and not repaired...or duct taped as a repair. The food prices went UP but the quality went down...we prefer to eat out first or after now.  Such a shame because they could get our business if they remained good.