Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

When are you lifting your blusher?

Hi all, I'd like to wear a cathedral length drop-veil with a long blusher that goes over my bouquet. When and how are you lifting your blusher? Is your father lifting or FH lifting?

thanks!

Re: When are you lifting your blusher?

• I didn't wear a blusher, but typically when I have seen this done in real weddings and in film, the bride's father lifts the blusher at the end of the aisle and often they will hug/kiss before she goes to the groom.
  • I wore the same type of veil. I walked down the aisle with my father, he lifted the blusher and gave me a hug and kiss. The photographer got a great photo of my mom fixing my veil while my dad hugged me. I think if I remember right from the most recent royal wedding, though, Meghan Markle wore the blusher through part of the beginning of the ceremony and then Prince Harry lifted it right before their vows. I think either way is a sweet moment.
  • katj10 said:
    I wore the same type of veil. I walked down the aisle with my father, he lifted the blusher and gave me a hug and kiss. The photographer got a great photo of my mom fixing my veil while my dad hugged me. I think if I remember right from the most recent royal wedding, though, Meghan Markle wore the blusher through part of the beginning of the ceremony and then Prince Harry lifted it right before their vows. I think either way is a sweet moment.
    Welcome to The Knot.

When responding to posts, please check the date of the last poster.  As you can see, this thread began almost 18 MONTHS ago, and has not been active since that time.  This is considered a dead/zombie thread.

Please stay to contribute comments and suggestions.  Just make sure that when responding, there will be "someone here" with whom you can engage.