Wedding Woes

Thursdayish

Haha, isn't it weird to see a Knottie # start the daily thread!

Today is same old bullshit different day - except it's only 71 degrees outside!  I'm in a maxi skirt and jean jacket and the only thing that could improve that was if i was wearing booties.  And if my thighs didn't touch so I didn't have to wear spanx, but I digress.

H's first commercial came out on FB and Insta yesterday - we were so excited!

Yesterday I spent a car payment at Ulta. That's what happens when you wait until you're out of foundation, perfume, eyeliner and need to replace brushes at the same time. But I got a ton of free giveaways, including a new makup bag so I could retire the old dirty one.  I chose a different perfume this time (Coach instead of Light Blue by Dolce) and it's weird smelling different.

I forgot who I gave the moisturizer referral to - curious if you liked it:).

Re: Thursdayish

• Oh yeah - and yay football!  Get those lineups right!   
  • Knottienumbers, but really Kimmiinthemitten,....was it bakers? then that's me!  I do like it so far, haven't had any dry skin problems as of yet.  Real test will be November, but the price is right!

I just want it to be Friday. Both annoying co-workers are out. It's almost like a vacation day for me too.  Yesterday I tried a groupon for a new nail tech for my no chips.  I liked her! She did a good job and offers packages that match the groupon prices so it looks like I found a new lady.  I had to go elsewhere since my salon went up in prices and it took 45 minutes in rush hour traffic to get to her. This new place had very little 'rush hour' and only 1/2 hour.  Plus there's a bunch of good food on the way home to pick up going this way (sorry, but I don't do dishes on nail day).

• I missed yesterday with meeting craziness, but yay football tonight!! 

Kimmi  I so want to see the commercial! How about that MA primary upset. Loving it. 

Not much else. Work is insanely busy. It’s good but I’m tired and stressed. It’s all good stuff but still. Ready for the weekend. Ready for Bills Football!!
  • Congrats on your H's commercial, Kimmiinthemitten####s!!

@ShesSoCold that's awesome that the vet isn't concerned about Edna's lumps! Our first dog was a Shepherd mix who developed what we affectionately referred to as "lady lumps" when she was about 7 or 8. We had them sampled but they were just lumpy fatty deposits. 

Today is my Friday and I have a work event this afternoon/early evening so H is picking up Babypants. Tomorrow I am starting my day off with some adulting - housecleaning, laundry, oil change...and then I am going to indulge the rest of the day with a pedicure and some shopping before I pick up the Small Human. 

Thanks for the reminder to set my team - I am also in a league with H's family so I need to set my team in that league as well. 
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018

I’m exhausted. Mr. B did not get home till 12:30AM. A kid got a sewing needle in their foot and refused to let him get it out. It got so bad Mr. B finally just said to admit him and he was going home. 

He struggled with the child for over 3 hours - he has so much patience. Needless to say, he needed a big hug when he got home.

…but It’s officially football season!! I’m so excited!! I’m making cocktail wieners and game day foods for dinner and stocking the bar!! 

• @Kimmiinthemitten...you know who you are random Knottie #'s ;)...congrats on your H's commercial coming out!

@ShesSoCold, glad it's nothing serious for Edna!

I am super, super excited!!!  My H just called coming out of City Hall...who were closed for two entire days for NO REASON, it barely drizzled, smh...but I digress.  Our eviction court date is set for Sept. 17th.  Slightly over a week away.  Oh yeah!  We've only done one other eviction and that court date was set over 3 weeks after filing.  So we were expecting a lot worse.  If she's smart, she'll GTFO before our court date so she doesn't get an eviction on her record.  But she's not exactly a "planner", to put it mildly.  Either way, with any luck, we'll get her out sometime during that 3rd week of Sept, if not sooner.

So that's my big news, lol.  The uncertainty has been a little stressful, so it is nice to see the end of the tunnel.  I don't have much else going on.  It pales in comparison anyway, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi all! 

We had a lumpy Lab dog when I was growing up too. His was just fatty but too many blood vessels to remove.

It is starting to cool down here, or at least the humidity is dropping. Fall time feels like spring, everyone is returning from their holidays, events start up again, it feels like life is reblooming, lol.

there is some drama at work but since I am going on “maternity leave” in a couple weeks I am completely hands off about it. Hopefully by the time I return (if I return), the dust will have settled and everything will be cool. 

DH is going out with some friends tonight for one of the guys’ bon voyage party. Hopefully he keeps it on the tame side because we are doing a maternity photoshoot in the desert tomorrow. I know I would not want to be hungover for that but it’s his grave, lol.

I am so jealous of everyone’s football that I looked up when the NFL London games are. They are all in October so I doubt I would be able to go... having a newborn and all. ;)
  • Hi all! 

We had a lumpy Lab dog when I was growing up too. His was just fatty but too many blood vessels to remove.

It is starting to cool down here, or at least the humidity is dropping. Fall time feels like spring, everyone is returning from their holidays, events start up again, it feels like life is reblooming, lol.

there is some drama at work but since I am going on “maternity leave” in a couple weeks I am completely hands off about it. Hopefully by the time I return (if I return), the dust will have settled and everything will be cool. 

DH is going out with some friends tonight for one of the guys’ bon voyage party. Hopefully he keeps it on the tame side because we are doing a maternity photoshoot in the desert tomorrow. I know I would not want to be hungover for that but it’s his grave, lol.

I am so jealous of everyone’s football that I looked up when the NFL London games are. They are all in October so I doubt I would be able to go... having a newborn and all. ;)
    wait, when is your due date?!? I thought you had a bit longer! Is it really next month?

• edited September 2018
    Hi all! 

wait, when is your due date?!? I thought you had a bit longer! Is it really next month?
    Oct 6!

eta: it goes by fast when you don’t know for the first couple months, lol.
  • I just had to admit to my bosses that I'm totally overwhelmed, explained why, and what I was trying to do to fix it, but admitting that it's probably not going to work.  And I told my ED that I didn't have something done b/c I totally forgot about it and that we needed to discuss what my president role was going to look like moving forward.  I'm fully ready to resign; I also think I'd regret it eventually.  But I'm burnt out and I'd rather it be faced head on than end up burning bridges and harming the organization.

I'm pulling in, pretty hard.  The last 6 years of my life have been spent in leadership roles that I don't get paid for and I donate my personal time to.  It's not just the time and work, it's the harassment I've endured in these non-paid leadership positions.  I mean, it's flattering I tend to get mentioned in the same breath as state wide executive directors of amazing not for profits.  It's not awesome that I get grouped in and harassed along with those people, in what is fundamentally my personal life.  And I'm tired of donating my vacation time too.  I want and need a selfish creative outlet and I'm putting things in place to get it.

Enough venting.  I feel like I sound like a broken record and depressed and I'm actually pulling into a good headspace.  I just need to make some decisions moving forward.
  • Oh, and in other news, my friends and I did a weight loss challenge and I won. yay. My friend went to paypal me the money (thankfully only half the pot but still a decent amount!) but the email address I gave her was missing a digit. She tried to request it back from the receiver, but apparently the receiver doesn't want to give it back.  So now she's doing a dispute with paypal about it.  Has anyone gone through this? Will it be a sticky situation because of lack of proof? What if paypal takes it back from the wrong address and send it to mine and SEES it's only one digit off? 

• That sucks @CharmedPam hopefully it works out okay. 

Gym and homework today. School floored us all last night. I feel really defeated already. Literally all of us felt like we’d been hit with a truck. One of my classmates left early he was so stressed. On the first day. This semester is going to be hell. Making my calendar of assignments, work, and life commitments almost gave me an anxiety attack. 

I’m jealous of everyone’s weather. It cooled down to the low 90s last week but then creeped up again. It’s supoosed to be 102 on Saturday. I just want some scarves and boots! I had a pumpkin spice latte yesterday and it felt right, but it was also so hot. So if anyone is chilly, they can send it over my way! 

• Oct 6!

eta: it goes by fast when you don’t know for the first couple months, lol.
    LOL I bet! Do you know the sex? Or will it be a surprise?

• levioosa said:
    That sucks @CharmedPam hopefully it works out okay. 

Gym and homework today. School floored us all last night. I feel really defeated already. Literally all of us felt like we’d been hit with a truck. One of my classmates left early he was so stressed. On the first day. This semester is going to be hell. Making my calendar of assignments, work, and life commitments almost gave me an anxiety attack. 

I’m jealous of everyone’s weather. It cooled down to the low 90s last week but then creeped up again. It’s supoosed to be 102 on Saturday. I just want some scarves and boots! I had a pumpkin spice latte yesterday and it felt right, but it was also so hot. So if anyone is chilly, they can send it over my way! 
    speaking of PSL, I've gotten myself a bottle of sugar free pumpkin pie syrup to make my own iced coffee's.  I also have brown sugar cinnamon and chocolate chip cookie dough in sf flavors.  I'm on an iced coffee kick right now!

• levioosa said:
    That sucks @CharmedPam hopefully it works out okay. 

speaking of PSL, I've gotten myself a bottle of sugar free pumpkin pie syrup to make my own iced coffee's.  I also have brown sugar cinnamon and chocolate chip cookie dough in sf flavors.  I'm on an iced coffee kick right now!

Me too!  Because it's still hot where I am also.  Jealous of @Kimmiinthemitten's 71 degrees.

I was dejectedly wishing for Fall weather this morning.  As I looked longingly at some of my cute jackets that I haven't put on for many months.

@CharmedPam, those SF flavors sound awesome!  Are they on Amazon?  I have a SF pumpkin from last year.  I need to funnel some of it into smaller bottles I have and bring it to work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018

Me too!  Because it's still hot where I am also.  Jealous of @Kimmiinthemitten's 71 degrees.

I was dejectedly wishing for Fall weather this morning.  As I looked longingly at some of my cute jackets that I haven't put on for many months.

@CharmedPam, those SF flavors sound awesome!  Are they on Amazon?  I have a SF pumpkin from last year.  I need to funnel some of it into smaller bottles I have and bring it to work.

oh yeah they are.  The pumpkin pie one takes a bit over a week to get though.  Maybe it was out of stock when i bought it? All Torani's.  I find them better than davinci's.  I have s'mores and salted caramel in small bottles to finish before I do the very same thing and funnel the newer flavors into them! lol

@missjeanlouise, congrats on the boy. I have two nephews and they are the cutest!

• Hugs MrsConn.  Glad your mom is feeling better.

V- I'm glad you are pulling back.  It's okay to say no.  I've pulled back from a few things this year and will another next year.

I'm working from my bed today because I CAN and IT'S COMFORTABLE.  Maybe I'll even take a nap.

Tomorrow my mom, sister, and I are going shopping.  It's been 8+ years since we've done that so it could be interesting.  My sister is very basic- black, white red, rarely a pattern,  wild jewelry is when she pulls out Ohio State earrings. 

• You all won't be jealous in February - just remember that LOL.

@missJeanLouise that's so fast!  OMG congrats!

@charlotte989875 the video where she learns she won is so heartwarming.  Honestly, the best part of this whole campaign process has been meeting so many candidates who are genuinely good people and are running for the right reasons.  It restores my hope.

@CharmedPam that's nuts that the other user just kept the money!  Fingers crossed you get it, and congrats on winning!
  • Hugs for you and your mom, @mrsconn23!

@missJeanLouise I cannot believe you are due in a month!!! That's amazing! Hope you are feeling well! Love that name too, btw :)
  • I keep thinking it is Friday because we have guests arriving this afternoon for the weekend. They usually come on Friday (Brickyard 400 weekend) but decided to come early this year to do some pre-race activities. Of course, it is suppose to rain all weekend! I don't do the races so now I will be off doing my stuff and they will be with H doing I don't know what. Maybe the weather people will be wrong? Doubtful since I already hear thunder. 

We are going out to eat tonight a a newish restaurant/microbrewery that H has been to and really likes. Cooking in tomorrow night and out to eat again on Saturday. Sunday I have a party to go to for a friend who is retiring from his job.

Good luck these last few weeks @missJeanLouise!

• Oh goodness!  What an interesting and confusing turn of development.

We got a Sept. rent check from the tenant we filed an eviction for earlier today.  It's an odd amount, so I'm not sure what that is about.  I'm surprised she sent it at all.  Long story short, at the end of a text discussion I had with her on Sept. 1st, I told her we were going to file for an eviction as soon as the courts opened.  But that I was reasonable.  And if she gave me an idea of her move-out plan, I could probably work something out with her.  At that point, she had only told me that they hadn't move and refused to give me more details.  She's never replied back to that last text I sent.

For a reminder, we aren't evicting her because she didn't pay Sept.'s rent.  We're evicting her because we gave her a Notice to Vacate, no later than Aug. 31st, ie we ended her lease.  And she hasn't left.

The only thing I can guess is she is hoping the "money in our hand" will tempt us not to evict, smh.  Girl, please.  I have had a few professional discussions with her over the phone (not text) that the timeliness of the rent payments needed to improve.  Especially the b.s. of mailing them, when they are already late.  I made suggestions.  I invited her input.  She couldn't care less.  Until I'd finally gotten way past the end of my rope and gave her a Notice to Vacate.  Too late.

As an aside, this is BY FAR the earliest I have ever received a rent check from her for the last year, lol.  And I didn't even nag her for it, because I'm only entitled to whatever days she lives there in Sept. and that is still in question.

I'm not cashing that money order.  I'll bring it with me to the eviction hearing.  This could be really win-win.  I'd already written off whatever rent she would have owed me for Sept.  But this might give me an opportunity to keep the check and write the tenant out one of my checks for the difference.

I'm debating about giving her a heads up that, no, we already filed for an eviction.  We aren't cashing the check until we find out what the court says.  Please do not assume you have more time.

It wouldn't be in my best interest to do that.  And Lord knows I don't owe her a DAMN thing.  But, at the same time...even with it being 100% her own fault...I'd hate for her to be caught unawares of just how ugly an eviction is, if it goes all the way to a sheriff's visit.  Actually, I don't care about her.  But her 4 kids live there also (two are adults) and it would be a bummer to have them suffer because their mom is so irresponsible.  I'll do what I have to, but I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy - Do you think the odd amount of the check is rent for 1/2 or 3/4 of the month to give her another week or more to move?  Weird.
  • MNNEBride said:
    @short+sassy - Do you think the odd amount of the check is rent for 1/2 or 3/4 of the month to give her another week or more to move?  Weird.
    I wondered that myself.  My H told it to me over the phone.  It's something like $796.  I'm going to crunch numbers when I get home, but it's almost exactly three weeks. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker