Vow Renewals

Vow renewal

My husband and I were separated last year and have come back together. When we were married my family really were pushy and disregarded a lot of the things I wanted for our wedding. We didn't even get pur first dance! My husband stated he wants to renew our vows and wants to finally have our first dance and also wants me.to wear my original wedding dress and include our children in the ceremony. I am understanding that vow renewals are becoming more lax on their etiquette and wanted to see what everyone thought of this particular situation?

Re: Vow renewal

• My husband and I were separated last year and have come back together. When we were married my family really were pushy and disregarded a lot of the things I wanted for our wedding. We didn't even get pur first dance! My husband stated he wants to renew our vows and wants to finally have our first dance and also wants me.to wear my original wedding dress and include our children in the ceremony. I am understanding that vow renewals are becoming more lax on their etiquette and wanted to see what everyone thought of this particular situation?
    Does he want this to be a personal moment between you, him, and your children or does he want to do a big re-enactment in front of a bunch of people?

• My husband and I were separated last year and have come back together. When we were married my family really were pushy and disregarded a lot of the things I wanted for our wedding. We didn't even get pur first dance! My husband stated he wants to renew our vows and wants to finally have our first dance and also wants me.to wear my original wedding dress and include our children in the ceremony. I am understanding that vow renewals are becoming more lax on their etiquette and wanted to see what everyone thought of this particular situation?
    I think if you both want to renew your vows, then as long as everyone is hosted properly (enough food/drinks for the time of day, enough chairs, facilities, etc.) then whether you have a dance together and what you wear is really up to you.

Etiquette is really the same (and more about hosting your guests than what you wear) for a VR as a wedding. Some people here are a little down on renewals, but I think as long as you are hosting everyone well, you can have the type of ceremony/party as you like. 
  • He doesn't want as many people there as we had at our wedding he wants close friends and our parents. There were more people we didn't know at our wedding than we did, my grandmother didn't invite half the people we wanted  because she wanted to be sure to invite the ones she wanted and we limited our list to 250.
    This time we want 50 tops and plan to cater.
  • I think your plans sound fine and lovely.  Considering you all were separated, a vow renewal to reaffirm your commitment to each other is one of the few times I think a VR makes a lot of sense (when both people want one).  Some people might side-eye wearing your wedding gown, since you're not a bride.  But I don't and, even then, it's a victimless crime.

Though, I wouldn't literally call it your "first dance".  That would be weird, because it's not.  But, with that said, you and your H should absolutely open the dance floor with a spotlight dance for the two of you.  I assume that's the feeling you two are looking for anyway.

Enjoy the VR!  And I hope your all's marriage continues to grow even stronger.

Wedding Countdown Ticker