Rhode Island
Options

41 North Newport - Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Reception

Hi RI brides!  We are thinking of doing our rehearsal dinner & welcome reception at 41 North.  Has anyone booked their events with them before?  I've never been there before, but have heard great things.  Our wedding is in September on a Friday night, so the RD & WR will take place on a Thursday night.  I hear it's really busy there so a little worried if it's too hectic of a place to have a get together. 

Any reviews, advice and recommendations welcome!

Thanks so much!

Re: 41 North Newport - Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Reception

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    It def. is really busy in the summer because it is such a hot spot. I don't think that would effect your RD that much since it would likely be inside.
    I'm not sure of your budget- but it is pretty pricey.
    It's absolutely gorgeous inside however and well worth the spot.

It would be fun after the RD to hit the outside bar as well for some drinks- or cocktails with guests before hand.
    It's def a great spot if you have out of town guests to give them the real Newport experience, and it has fun photo ops.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    I second i2012do's post.  It is the place to be in Newport, all the yachts park outside the dock and it's a very nice place, but on the pricey side.  You used to have to be a member to go there, but now it's open.

Even if you pick a different place for the RD or welcome cocktail hour, I would say you should have your guests go there just to experience the real Newport.

GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the advice.  I haven't been and we are going to check out the space next week and meet with one of their event planners.

Where are you girls having your RDs?
  • Options
    we are having it at the coast guard house in narragansett. a little far from both our church and venue. but, we really wanted to somehow incorporate the town and the view it offers. they are blocking off part of their restaurant for us (we hated the private room up a steep flight of stairs) and modifying their menu. I'm looking forward to it. we went on 1 of our first dates :)
  • Options
    We are having our RD at 1149 East in Seekonk.  Our Church is in Prov and although I love the restaurants in the city, we thought it'd be easier (parking/traffic) to just do a place close to home.  Plus I love their food and they have a private dining room that accomodates 16 people with it's own bar, so it's a nice setting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have no idea yet! It depends on where everyone ends up staying
    teh rehearsel is going to be in Narragansett so either someplace down there or a place in Providence.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options

PS - dberrett - if you read my last post above :) we are still going with coast guard house. I am not super happy with it and may change it still but now that they have made the changes, for example, with the restaurant space are willing to work with us on the menu - it may be OK. I will have to keep you posted!

• Options
    I had my RD at the Atlantic Beach Club. It was supurb! One thing I'll caution you on with 41 North is that b/c the location is great on the water, it's a PITA to get there, especially in the summer. And parking can be an issue. Somewhere that would give you the same yacht viewing experience but not as far downtown and with more available parking would be The Moorings or 22 Bowen's Wharf. Unfortunately, like PPs said, all of these places will be pricey, but nice views. Atlantic Beach Club is away from the crazy downtown traffic and tourists but still right on the Ocean and First Beach, so you still get some amazing views! Just some thoughts to consider. Maybe you could arrange to see a few of these places while you're down here visiting 41 North!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    PS - URI - I saw that!!! Totally blown away! But I'm glad that they are willing to work with you on sectioning the main floor off and modifying the menu. It's totally in their best interest, of course! I hope you're happy with your decision, but it sounds like you may have found a happy medium for everyone! :-)
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards