Wedding Reception Forum

Blush & Gold wedding theme but ice blue bridesmaid dresses?

Hi Everyone, I've been going back and forth on this for so long and I just cannot decide if it will look weird or not so some outside opinions would be great! My venue has a lot of Gold in the decor and I really love how romantic the gold & blush look is so I really wanted to do blush & gold for my decorations and flowers and stuff. Could I put the bridesmaids in the David's Bridal Ice Blue dresses but then have everything else blush & gold? Or if I do the blush & gold for decor and stuff do you think I should have the bridesmaids in blush as well? I can't decide if having everything blush would look weird with the light blue dresses.. What do you guys think?

Re: Blush & Gold wedding theme but ice blue bridesmaid dresses?

• I don't think it would be weird at all - I think it would provide a nice contrast and blush bouquets with blue dresses would look very pretty.
  • I honestly think ice blue with the blush could look a little baby shower-y, since it's kind of like a classic blue and pink. What about a sage green instead to make it more natural?
  • Take some blush and gold decorations with you when you go to David's Bridal and hold them up to the dress you are considering. It should be clear to you right away if the color scheme will work.