Wedding Etiquette Forum

Including Wedding Website Info with Save the Dates

Hi all, my partner and I ordered our save the dates and actually got them today! We were wondering how early should we send them out? I read online somewhere that typically you send them 6-8 months before the wedding date? Is this trueish? Also, has anyone included a slip of paper or note in the save the date envelopes with a link to your wedding website? We thought it'd be tacky to put it on the STD, but feel like we should include it somehow. Thoughts?? What have others with wedding websites done?? TIA. 

Re: Including Wedding Website Info with Save the Dates

• Hi all, my partner and I ordered our save the dates and actually got them today! We were wondering how early should we send them out? I read online somewhere that typically you send them 6-8 months before the wedding date? Is this trueish? Also, has anyone included a slip of paper or note in the save the date envelopes with a link to your wedding website? We thought it'd be tacky to put it on the STD, but feel like we should include it somehow. Thoughts?? What have others with wedding websites done?? TIA. 
    Yep, 6-8 months is reasonable for sure. It's also wise to just send to your VIPs, but you can do everyone on the list if you want. (Limiting to VIPs gives you some fudge room on the rest of the list if you think you might need that.)

Yes, include the website info, especially if the website contains information for people who need to travel, such as hotel blocks. 

We printed our website on our STD; I didn't think it was tacky but that's certainly a personal opinion. A slip of paper would work too. 

• Since your website's up and running, I'd go ahead and include it on the save-the-dates.
  • We printed ours on the STD as well. 
  • Because your STDs are already printed I'd print your website on a business card sized piece of card stock.   Then you can write something like, "For additional questions please see our website at www.thisisourweddingwebsite.com 

If you can add that in any way to your STDs without them looking sloppy I'd try that first.

And mail them about 6-9 mo in advance. 
  • maine7mobmaine7mob member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    Yes, do it, but also be aware that some older people and international guests may think the STD is the actual invitation and be a bit confused as to why they can't RSVP on the website yet. Easy enough to clear up, but just don't be surprised if a few people need clarification on what the STD actually is. 

ETA: Our daughter didn't send out her STDs until about 5 months out, but they had a very short engagement and sent them out as soon as they got the date from their church. The main thing is to get them out as soon as you can to allow people to book their flights and hotels, especially if you live in a tourist area.
  • Thank you guys so much for the help! Our wedding is pretty causal, but we still want to keep with the proper etiquette and make sure everyone has an adequate amount of time to prepare/be informed.