Wedding Woes

Monday!

Bears lost. Hawks lost. It's Monday. I hate my job. H is sick. 

But I hate the "It's gonna be one of those days!" at 8:00 am people so I will hope it gets better and reassess later. LOL
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Monday!

• I am nearly completely recovered from the weekend.

Saturday night was DH's reunion and I partied harder than I should have.   It made for a ROUGH first half of yesterday. 
  • I too partied harder than I should have this weekend. I'll be putting myself in a time out. I'm still exhausted today. UGH. 
  • I’m in Arizona for my review. That’s it for me. 

• @ShesSoCold, I hope your H starts feeling better.  I'm sorry it's Monday...for all of us, lol.

I was too busy yesterday running around on my mystery shop project to watch any football :(.  I heard the Saints-Raven game was an amazingly good game.  Where the Ravens kicker (one of the best) missed the extra point in the last moments of the game, so the Saints won.  Instead of the game going into OT.

But it was a great weekend!  I got about 60 more mystery shops done.  My H and I did another big Lowe's trip and got more supplies to the rental we're renovating.  There's been a lot of progress on it.  The most noticeable one is all the bedrooms have the first coat of paint on. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 60 mystery shops? WOW!  

It was a rough day for kickers. Ours missed to PATs and he's usually automatic. And it was indoors (roof open)
  • Wow, and shockingly our shit kicker made all his kicks yesterday. Too bad our special teams shat the bed!

I forgot to care about my FF team again.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvruns said:
    The Colts actually won, and won in style, so that was a good start to the weekend even though we missed most of the game. 

Took baby B to a great farm/pumpkin patch place with tons to do. I wish I could post a video on here because he kept saying "choochoo train" over and over when we were riding the train and it just melts my heart. He had a blast and lived his best life even though it meant not falling asleep in the car until we were 2 min from home and then refusing to nap afterward. 
    That game was terrible and I’m still angry about it. I did think of you and @mrsconn23 and hoped you were enjoying it. 

Not mucb on our rnd; shampooed the carpets all weekend, which were gross and are now slightly less gross. The weather was terrible so our plan to go to the pumpkin farm got rained out but still got to hang with my sister and my niece! H is starting to feel the baby idea and I think I’m starting to come around to it. Well see. This was the first of a lot of conversations to come I think. 
  • No one else gets to complain about how terrible football was because the Bills played what I’m sure was the worst football ever played in the NFL. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Hey, y'all.  Mom's surgery was successful!  :D  She's recovering nicely and hoping they can find her a bed out of the ICU soon.  She could have been kicked down to the regular oncology floor yesterday, but there's a bed shortage due to the flu.  Only 2 can be in her room and the ICU is just a very busy place.  She's ready to be moved and in a quieter place.  My dad is hanging in there. I think now that my sisters are back from fall break, it's helped his peace of mind that we're all here.  

Weekend was a lot of running around, as I was up at the hospital all 3 days.  I'm tired.  

Kids are still on fall break.  I have Friday off, but I might take another half day off.  

I'm doing required 'anti-corruption' training (which has not changed in years and I don't deal with any 'foreign agents' in my job function, but OK) and the opening part cracks me up every time because it's this upbeat music with words like "Red flags!" and "Bribery!" flashed on the screen.  

Awesome!  So glad to hear it!  I hope she gets out of the ICU today for a quieter room.

When I worked at Lockheed Martin (LM), they had an online "ethics training" class we had to take every year.  And each section had a quiz that needed to be passed with at least an 80%, smh.  Pretty obvious stuff, lol.  I would do a quick scan through the material and then go straight to the quiz.  Since LM is such a huge defense contractor, I always strongly suspected that "training" was either a requirement for some contracts or something they used for marketing/proposals.  My made-up tagline:  "Here at Lockheed Martin, integrity is Job #1.  Our employees take a rigorous ethics training course annually.  This training includes..."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did a glorious load of absolutely nothing this weekend.  I bought a book and I started reading.  And I started brainstorming another project for fun.  Went to a pageant that was a shitshow on Friday night and stayed in the rest of the weekend.

I'm working on letting go of anger.  My ED, who couldn't complete a project by October 19 that I started asking for in July, sure as hell could shut my email down by Saturday at 11.  :/  I had to tell her that she needed to allow me access to the pride email if she still wanted my help on the back end.  Then I eyerolled.  I"m glad to be done with all of this noise for awhile.
  • That’s so sweet @kvruns :) and wishing your mother a strong recovery @mrsconn23

Weekend was a nice mix of fall festivities/errands/down time so no complaints.  The kids and I are coming down with a cold which is a drag.  The Color Run on Friday afternoon was a success.
  • We were in Pennsylvania for the weekend. I got lots of worked done on one grandson's Christmas stocking during the car trip both ways but still have one more stocking to make in addition to finishing this one! Hope I can get it done. I shouldn't have procrastinated so much this summer but I was holding babies! Not much going on this week, just playing catch up with house work, yard work and volunteer responsibilities.

That is great news about your mother @mrsconn23. I hope her recovery continues to go well and she gets a bed in the regular ward soon.