Honeymoon Discussions

Fareboom Website?

Has anyone ever gotten plane tickets through Fareboom? We found significantly cheaper tickets through here than anywhere else, so we went ahead and bought them. Now we're reading reviews, having second thoughts, nervous about their legitimacy, etc. 
We are flying to Munich to spend our honeymoon in Bavaria, somewhere we have always wanted to go. The airlines are reputable, United and Lufthansa, but we are just wary about the tickets. 
Anyone have any experience with them? 

Re: Fareboom Website?

• No, but if you're worried, call United directly and verify your tickets. Lufthansa is United's partner so UA should be able to verify your tickets with LT, but if not, then you call Lufthansa directly. 

The only problem with purchasing through any third party is a limited ability to change your plans if plans change. Say there's a terrible storm headed towards your airport- an airline will often waive the change fees so you can fly on a different day, but if you booked through a third party, it's a lot harder to change your flight and you might not get the waiver of change fees. Things like that. My advise is a wee bit biased as my husband works in the travel industry, but I always advocate booking direct with airlines instead of through third parties.