Wedding Woes

Thursday!

Pruuuuuuudie day! 

I printed concert tickets at work and everyone in this area must have been printing at the same time. They're gone. Now I have to awkwardly ask if anyone accidentally grabbed Cannibal Corpse tickets. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Thursday!

• @ShesSoCold I always password protected stuff like that to be sure I got them!

I'm freezing today.  I have an off-site event,  but it's an all day meeting so I'm working off-site and just popping in to refill coffee.  But for some reason, the whole building has heat except the office!  Argh.

I was mean to H last night and feel bad even though I don't think he noticed.  LSDR; he woke me up twice (stupidly but unintentionally) on the one day I actually went to bed early and actually fell asleep.  The lights are all off H, shut up!
  • I had my annual smash the tits appointment today.  Yowsa, I'm glad it's over and I should have results at noon.

Otherwise just work and looking at salad possibilities for Thanksgiving.  My aunt hosts and people bring sides.  Salad is usually my assignment.  This is the top contender:
    https://therecipecritic.com/broccoli-apple-salad/

• We had an ice storm last night, so 2 hour delay for the kiddos today.  Our windows were covered in ice.  It is above freezing, so it's melting rather quickly.  

I'm ready for DH's audit to be over.  This week has been long and rough. 

Prudie coming up. 
  • The ticket situation is funny.

Ice and a 2 hr delay here too.  The tree across the street split in two and our very similar tree is looking to be going that way.  Ugh. 

Soccer tournament is trying to relocate all of our games to turf.  No clue where or if they'll cancel, but everyone keeps asking me like I might know.

My MIL is annoying me with incessant texts and calls about stupid stuff.  She constantly interrupts when I'm trying to answer.  THEN she'll put me on the car speaker phone with her husband who also interrupts for information she didn't even need to call for. 

• @mrsmitten FI is the worsttttt with that. Or with waking up early and trying to talk to me. Sometimes we sleep in separate bedrooms if our schedules are really opposite and he’ll come in to talk to me or cuddle and I get so annoyed. Sleep is a precious commodity dude! Do not poke the sleeping bear! 

I decided to go to clinic today so I can “skip” Monday. I’m technically almost done with my hours but I’ll probably still go a few days during break just to stay fresh. Final last night was a cluster. Hopefully I passed. Everyone felt pretty awful about it. And the security guard was going around giving people parking tickets. Technically we can park in that lot so I don’t know what his deal was. But it was an added stressor before the final. I saw him first so I moved my car to the street. A lot of my classmates weren’t so lucky. 

• Bff freaked me out this morning by not answering her phone (texts or calls) for our nail date. I listen to too many true crime podcasts for that shit, lol! Luckily she got back to me before I did a welfare check. ;)

We are going to a bbq tomorrow at my other friends new place. It is our first time taking baby out to someplace unnecessary so a wee bit nervous. Her husband is the head of pediatrics at one of the best hospitals in the city though so if he says it’s okay, we’ll swing through.

• @ShesSoCold that is hilarious.

I'm so glad we're at Friday eve.  I've made plans with someone that I've worked with for the past 3 years on committee/board stuffs and always wanted to be better friends with.  I'm excited about it.  We're going for late lunch and to see Boy Erased.  I'm bringing tissue boxes for us all.
  • LOL @ Cannibal Corpse. 

We're getting snow today and I'm not mentally prepared for this shit yet. 3-5 inches during the day, another 1-3 at night. The commute home will be awful, I just know it. 
  • Lol @ShesSoCold at my health care job I was preparing for my wedding hair trial. I had long straight hair at the time and wanted it to just look very full, wavy, flowy.  Kourtney Kardashian had hair like that at the time and I printed out a bunch of photos of her (no idea why I couldn’t just print one).  They were gone a couple minutes later when I went to printer...I aborted the mission and just showed the stylist on my phone. Didn’t need my coworkers knowing I printed a bunch of photos of her 

SSDD here.  Expecting snow right around the time school gets out.  If one more student complains that we don’t have a snow day today (???) I’m going to flip.

• @ShesSoCold, I thought of you when I was driving home last night because the radio show host was talking about the upcoming NIN concert at the Saenger.  I know you all had been planning to go before your H's ER visit.  How's he doing, btw?

I decided this morning to change my eating schedule and see how it goes.  It includes both breaking food out into 5-6 mini-meals (though they won't be evenly sized) and matching more what I think feels natural for ME.  My thoughts are:

• Snack within the first 30 minutes I get to work (7:00-7:30AM).  Get something in my belly!
    • Breakfast (9:30ish AM)
    • Heavy snack between 11:30AM-12:30PM.  This is my work's lunch hour and I can't change the timing.
    • Small meal/heavy snack, sometime between 2PM-3PM.
    • Small meal around 6:30-7PM
    • Light snack around 9:00PM-10:00PM

One of the main reasons I want to try this out is because I already tend to eat a normal breakfast meal on the later side.  And then I'm not hungry during my work's lunch hour.  So I don't eat anything or I eat a "crap" snack, like a bag of chips.  And then it's the mid-afternoon and I'm hungry and want a meal.  But it's a weirdo time for that and it's not like I can leave the office and go out for one.

So, I'm going to try embracing all that, but plan accordingly for it, lol.  An extra tangle is I do have to plan this with my insulin intake.  But, for meals, I take a fast-acting insulin before each one anyway so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to figure out.  Just like the food itself, I'm anticipating I might need to take more shots, but smaller doses.  But need to be more vigilant testing my blood glucose levels while I'm figuring things out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have to go pick up Babypants early from school and take her to the pediatrician to get a suddenly goopy eye checked out. Hopefully it's just lingering symptoms from the cold she's been fighting off and not conjunctivitis. It was hard enough getting antibiotics into her eyes when she was 9 months old, but now that she is a fully mobile and freakishly strong toddler I am cringing at the thought of having to wrestle her/pin her down. 
  • MJL - If you have something so you can wear the baby, you will probably feel much better about taking baby out!  I had 2 birthday parties 2 weeks after DD was born, I wore her for the first party and everything went well.  The second party, I did pass her around, but it was my BFF's family who is like my family - so I didn't mind.  They also washed their hands first!

S+S - I am/was insulin resistant, I saw a nutritionist to help fix it through diet.  She recommended the 5-6 meals per day approach.  But the 1 thing that was huge is that you need to eat within the first hour of waking up.  It helps to jump start your body to burn calories all day.  She recommended an English muffin with peanut butter.  I did that but always went over my calories for the day.  So I skipped the PB part after a while.  She was also really big into drinking milk (preferably almond milk - but I think its gross, so I stuck with cows milk).

We are getting snow right now too.  Good think I got my new coat yesterday!  It's really warm and comfy!  Our snow will turn over to freezing rain at some point, probably just in time for the evening commute home.  Depending how it is when I get home, I might take DD outside to run around in the snow!  Not much else going on!

• @ShesSoCold, I thought of you when I was driving home last night because the radio show host was talking about the upcoming NIN concert at the Saenger.  I know you all had been planning to go before your H's ER visit.  How's he doing, btw?

He's doing well, thanks for asking! He's got a second follow-up Saturday but his leg looks great (and both tattoos have survived, which was his biggest worry). 

Because of that, we decided not to go to NOLA. :( I'm sad, but there have since been teasers that the Stones are going to announce a tour and that's all I care about. I'll be spending a pretty good chunk on the Stones so it's good that we're not going out of town now. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    I'm super bummed.  Hawthorne Hotel in Salem had their Halloween 2019 ball package up for sale on the 8th.  I submitted my request for a room/tickets at 11:53 in the morning on the 8th.  Only 2 hrs and 53 minutes after they were accepting them.  I thought for SURE I'd get in.

I got the confirmation today that they didn't have room for me.  They give past ball goer's first choice of rooms and then newbies get whatever's left.  So I emailed a bunch of b&b's and they all have the 3 night min stay and all have the jacked up prices like Hawthorne did.  I found The Salem Inn, which had great reviews (also from a personal friend of mine who stayed there and loved it) and availability but it's NOT the Hawthorne and now I have to get excited for this new place.  Plus, I'm not guaranteed tickets for the annual ball when they go on sale this summer either.

ETA for: a tiny tiny room at the Hawthorne is still more than a suite with a Jacuzzi tub at the Inn, so I'll be saving money and be getting more luxury...so there IS that.

• banana468 said:
    Holy shit.  I'm no snowflake and I have lived in CT my entire life.   Today the snow won.  

I got stuck and couldn't get my minivan up a hill in town to the daycare til get my kids.   They close at 6.

At 7:15 my FIL picked up my kids and then got me after I parked my car at a local bar.   

This fucking snow and day.

FIL is awesome and tomorrow I will gift the daycare workers.    

In NJ. Worst travel conditions last night I have ever seen. 
  • banana468 said:
    Holy shit.  I'm no snowflake and I have lived in CT my entire life.   Today the snow won.  

I got stuck and couldn't get my minivan up a hill in town to the daycare til get my kids.   They close at 6.

At 7:15 my FIL picked up my kids and then got me after I parked my car at a local bar.   

We have 8in and driving last night in the freezing rain was so much worse than driving in the snow this morning. 
  • banana468 said:

I heard on 880 that a Middle School in Orange had a sleepover w/ the kids last night. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

I heard on 880 that a Middle School in Orange had a sleepover w/ the kids last night. 
    And I’m sure they weren’t the only ones! We have a snow day today literally “because we know you all need to recover from last night’s commute.”
  • Holy crap! Glad everyone east stayed safe! 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

And I’m sure they weren’t the only ones! We have a snow day today literally “because we know you all need to recover from last night’s commute.”
    I'm taking today off in prep for a party we're having tomorrow.   Luckily the snow will melt but this is doing a number on DH's exterior prep. 

I'm truly thankful that FIL got the kids and has a car w/ 4 wheel drive.   DH will be putting the winter tires on next weekend.   

And next time I have to go to the daycare in the snow I'm taking a less hillier route! 
  • holy crap! yeah, I'm lucky to live in the Midwest.  We got snow, but it's practically all gone now.  Hope everyone is safe and recovering from this. Stupid snow. WAY to early for this shit.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Yikes! Sorry @banana468!  H’s 45min commute took 4.5 hours.  It was a disaster.  Lol recovery from last night does sound necessary. I heard it was the middle of the night before people were getting back into NJ.