Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Getting ready

Hi Brides to be!

What do you think of a salon where you and your bridal party can get your hair and makeup done and also get dressed, instead of booking a hotel room? 

Re: Getting ready

• I went to the salon instead of having them come to my hotel; I wanted to use my normal stylist and she normally worked that day, so I could have booked her all morning but it would have costed way, way more. It wasn’t too far out of my way and the savings was worth it. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018

Hi Brides to be!

What do you think of a salon where you and your bridal party can get your hair and makeup done and also get dressed, instead of booking a hotel room? 

I’ve been in several weddings and I only got ready in a hotel room once.  (The wedding was a DW so i was already staying at the hotel.)  But if everyone is local a “getting ready” location isn’t necessary.  I usually just show up ready to go at the church.
    If you do need a getting ready location, ditto @MobKaz - a salon works as long as there’s somewhere for the BP to store their clothes/valuables, eat, relax...anything they could do in a hotel room.
    edit - part of my post got eaten