Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Two kids are out of my house so it's already feeling a little better.  6let is sad that his favorite soccer player got traded to a premier team. Christmas is done except for some little thing to give SIL and BIL.  I just need a little consumable so I'm not too worried about that.

Otherwise, SSDD.

Re: Tuesday

• ::looks around:: I'm digging the new look and that the stupid ad is GONE. 

It's cold AF around these parts.  I'm all wrapped up in my office.   That doesn't stop my fingers from freezing though.  :/  

SSDD around here as well.  

For Bravo people, the RHoOC reunion was everything that the season lacked.  I cannot wait for Below Deck tonight and only 6 days until Vanderpump Rules returns. 
  • I feel like I haven't been at work in a month. It's glorious.

We had a ton of snow yesterday so I didn't come in. There were power lines down on my drive and I just decided it wasn't worth it to try. They said the east/west roads were the worst and my entire drive is west through huge open spaces so the drifting was terrible. It was still pretty bad today. 

I had a shitty weekend, but it opened my eyes and will be good. Like, when I get drunk, I get really mean and combative to H. I was working on not doing that but on Saturday, I totally flipped on him. My behavior was inexcusable and I decided I'm not drinking like that anymore. I'm not saying I'm never drinking again but I'm not going to drink excessively like that.
    And I got super frustrated that we have this dream of moving but we're not doing anything to get to it. So yesterday we cleaned out the garage and threw away a bunch more stuff. We prioritized my lists and now H knows what he needs to do/buy/etc. So hopefully I'm turning shitty things into good things moving forward!

Stones tickets presales start tomorrow and I still don't know what the ticket prices are. I need to know so I can decide whether or not I'm spending a stupid amount on VIP or going cheap, waiting for the NOLA Jazz Fest announcement and going there also. I need info, dammit!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I wish I could say I was done with Christmas shopping, @6fsn! I haven't even started. I got my mom a candle, so I guess I have started?
    @mrsconn23, so no banner for me, but all I see is a bunch of links that don't make sense up top.  I could be using an outdated browser?  Who cares.  NO MORE BANNER!

Yesterday was a fun night for me.  I went to pick up my online order of sweaters at Catherine's.  Found out the "sweaters" are so thin and not sweatery enough for me.  But they're tunics to hide my saggy jean butt and $22 each so I'll keep them.

I came home and my house was 57.  Heat stopped working. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with my dad as we tried to find the pilot light but neither of us could.  Finally at 8:30 I called the furnace guy.  He also tried to walk me through it over the phone.  Finally told me he'd be there to 'rescue' me.  And rescue me he did. It was down to 55 when he finally go there (at 9!) but he fixed it.  Solution: It needed to be cleaned! That was IT!  I was so so so happy I had heat last night though. I can't even imagine would it would have been like if I had to wait till this morning. 

• I'm using chrome and can't see the new look. I see a bunch of weird links on the left at the top and the bottom. 

SSDD here for me. It's rainy and gross here, but my boss is out until Thursday, so *knock on wood* I should have a couple of nice leisurely days at work. 

@CharmedPam I'm so glad you got your heat up and running again! Brrr!!!
  • My regular saved link to get here did not work.  I had to go in through the main site and that was a PITA.

If I could stop waking up at 4:30 am, that would be great.  Also, I need to get a handle on Christmas shopping.  I just can't seem to figure out what to get anyone, much less what I want.  I figured out my parents this morning and I think I know what to get K.  I hope I'm finished after that, b/c this really seems to be difficult AF for some reason.

Other than that, SSDD.
  • I'm using chrome and can't see the new look. I see a bunch of weird links on the left at the top and the bottom. 

SSDD here for me. It's rainy and gross here, but my boss is out until Thursday, so *knock on wood* I should have a couple of nice leisurely days at work. 

yes. you and me both. He also came late at night to fix my a/c this summer, so he got me out of two binds.  I'm going to send him a Christmas card with a gc in it.  Should it be for a grocery store or restaurant?  And if restaurant - which one has universal love (I like the chili's and Friday's of the world I realize not everyone does)?

yes. you and me both. He also came late at night to fix my a/c this summer, so he got me out of two binds.  I'm going to send him a Christmas card with a gc in it.  Should it be for a grocery store or restaurant?  And if restaurant - which one has universal love (I like the chili's and Friday's of the world I realize not everyone does)?
    Our neighbor is a union plumber and he installed our dishwasher (MA law) and gas stove for us last year. We got him a GC to The 99 - which is a local chain and he loves going there after work for beers & snacks. 

Do you know if your furnace guy has a favorite place to go? If not, I would still do restaurant over grocery store. I think that's a really nice gesture :)
  • @charmedpam I'm having the same weird links too - I almost prefer the banner ad (::ducking:::).  Glad your heat is back working!!
  • @shessocold- sorry the weekend sucked.  Hopefully it does turn around.

@charmedpam- Our grocery stores have these happy teen/dining/man/woman (I hate the stereotyping) BUT they have some good combinations of companies you could use the card at.  My nieces and nephew are all getting happy teen- Barnes and Noble, Nike, Sephora, Dave and Busters and a couple others.  If you can't find that I'd probably go to a Target or grocery store.  It's not as fun as dinner out, but more useful.

I know what I want for Christmas- a night in a hotel room with a jacuzzi tub, a bottle of champagne and room service.  It won't happen though.

My December calendar is stuffed full already.  Parties on Dec 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 (two on the 8th), 14, 22.  Family Christmas the 15th and 29th.  2 futsal games every Saturday.  Practices every Tue-Thur.  Thank goodness for carpooling though!

• Hi everyone! Today is full of studying, homework, and trying de-clutter the house enough for the house cleaner to do her job. We switched over from fall stuff on Sunday but haven’t been able to finish decorating so there are boxes everywhere. Plus I just bought 24 place settings and I have no idea where those should go in the meantime. I’m I’m my last two weeks of the semester and I feel like I’m dragging. So close, yet so far.

I have four more gifts to buy and then I’m done Christmas shopping, and two or three of those will be gift cards. For some reason I can’t figure out what to get my mom. She’s usually really easy for me to buy for but this year I feel stumped. I’m also usually done with Christmas shopping by November so I’m feeling really antsy about it too. 

• Hello...I'm bored. I busted my ass to get caught up at work before Thanksgiving now I'm just waiting on people to return things back to me. I have to leave on Wednesday to head out to Minneapolis for a work trip.

I have done no Christmas shopping and I have no idea what to get anyone.
  • PMeg819 said:
    Hello...I'm bored. I busted my ass to get caught up at work before Thanksgiving now I'm just waiting on people to return things back to me. I have to leave on Wednesday to head out to Minneapolis for a work trip.

Forrest Gump GIF - Forrest Gump ForrestGump GIFs

HEY there!  Nice of you to come around.  Why are your kids getting so big?  Your DD is the cutest.  ;) 
  • My regular bookmark seemed to work.  Though the first page it took me to looked a little weird.  It shows I'm not "logged in" at the top.  But yet, my threads are appropriately gray for the ones I'm caught up on and I just posted on the 90 Day Fiance one.  At least it seemed to work, lol.

I'm a little nervous.  We need to go pick-up the new couch tomorrow from Sam's and drop the old one off at our reno.  But first, we need to get the canopy off our pick-up truck.  The "idea" is, we will put up saw horses.  Unconnect the canopy.  And then I will slowly drive out from under it while my H and his friend keep it lined up with the saw horses.  I'm not so sure how well that is going to work (eek).

I just wish it was easier to take on/off.  Overall, we're going to leave it off.  But sometimes it's useful to have and sometimes it isn't.

Other than that, my day will be a boring one while I'm at work (shrug).  But I guess that is better than a stressful one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy jeez, it took me all day to be able to log in. 
  • I’m on mobile and everything looks exactly the same. But I also use an ad block so maybe that’s it’s?

Not much here. The dog decided 1am was the perfect time for snuggles and belly rubs. He misses H a lot. 

I have my first appointment with a new PCP this afternoon. Truthfully I haven’t really ever had a PCP so I don’t really know what to ask for/do. But I figured it was probably time. 

Other than that it’s snowing and supposed to get “bad” tonight. We’ll see. It’s never as bad as they say. Or maybe I’m just so used to Buffalo winters by this point. 
  • My DD is cute but she is a handful...the other night she yelled "What the shit man!" at something DS did.

Last night she tried to convince me to have a "sleepover" in her bedroom because "did you really want to sleep next to the farting, and smelling, and snoring? I mean do you?"

I told her PreK teacher it's like living the movie Inside Out every day, less Sadness and more Bing Bong.
  • PMeg819 said:
    Hello...I'm bored. I busted my ass to get caught up at work before Thanksgiving now I'm just waiting on people to return things back to me. I have to leave on Wednesday to head out to Minneapolis for a work trip.

Hi PMeg!
    You will arrive in MN for the warm up.  Temperatures of 34 & 39 as highs Thurs and Friday!
  • I don't know if others had problems, but I was getting an error for the whole TK website for the last 2-3 hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PMeg819 said:
    My DD is cute but she is a handful...the other night she yelled "What the shit man!" at something DS did.

Last night she tried to convince me to have a "sleepover" in her bedroom because "did you really want to sleep next to the farting, and smelling, and snoring? I mean do you?"

I told her PreK teacher it's like living the movie Inside Out every day, less Sadness and more Bing Bong.
    Oh I can only imagine.   Hilarious.  <3  
  • I don't know if others had problems, but I was getting an error for the whole TK website for the last 2-3 hours.
    Yup! I was going to message the FF group if I couldn’t get in. 

My new PCP office said I needed to be here 30 minutes prior to my appointment for paperwork. It took all of 5 minutes. I need something to keep me entertained. 
  • I am having the worst time getting onto the boards today. I keep getting an "origin error" message. 

• I kept getting error messages too. 
  • I couldn't get in for a couple hours either.

I always get all nervous that it's my job finding out I'm on here all day and blocking me from TK. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • TK is acting off for me too. I’ve checked a few times but this is the first time today that the Tuesday thread even appeared.

Good luck with the drinking @ShesSoCold.  It’s tough to limit it (almost harder than going cold turkey) but it sounds like a good plan.  A+ for self awareness.  Good vibes to everyone with the extreme weather!

SSDD here.  Made gnocchi with the last of the Thanksgiving leftover mashed potatoes...kids actually helped me shape them which was cute. 

I always get all nervous that it's my job finding out I'm on here all day and blocking me from TK. 

I've gotten that same error message a few times in the past.  Though usually I could get back in after 5-15 minutes.

Technically, I know my employer could go look up everything I've done online, while on their network.  But I also know they don't have that kind of time or inclination, unless they have a good reason to.

However, I do make sure to stay off of the biggie/popular websites.  Like Facebook and You Tube.  Those seem like they could maybe set off red flags.

I was friends with one of the IT guys at a company I worked at a few years ago.  I didn't use FB there either but, one day, I heard grumblings from various coworkers that FB was blocked.  I joked to the IT guy that he had almost started a mutiny.  He told me the company actually really didn't care if people checked FB occasionally throughout the work day, as long as their work was getting done.  But there were two employees who were on it ALL the time.  And they ruined it for everyone else.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

That goes through my mind too! I'm like....please don't take the internet away from me! I'll have nothing to do!

• I've gotten that same error message a few times in the past.  Though usually I could get back in after 5-15 minutes.

Technically, I know my employer could go look up everything I've done online, while on their network.  But I also know they don't have that kind of time or inclination, unless they have a good reason to.

However, I do make sure to stay off of the biggie/popular websites.  Like Facebook and You Tube.  Those seem like they could maybe set off red flags.

I was friends with one of the IT guys at a company I worked at a few years ago.  I didn't use FB there either but, one day, I heard grumblings from various coworkers that FB was blocked.  I joked to the IT guy that he had almost started a mutiny.  He told me the company actually really didn't care if people checked FB occasionally throughout the work day, as long as their work was getting done.  But there were two employees who were on it ALL the time.  And they ruined it for everyone else.

This is my boss' motto too.  He walks past my desk to get to his office and I know there's times I don't close out in time.  But surfing seems better than playing games? like literally there's someone playing a RPG game every time he passes the office. I don't feel bad. 

• I feel like I haven't been at work in a month. It's glorious.

We had a ton of snow yesterday so I didn't come in. There were power lines down on my drive and I just decided it wasn't worth it to try. They said the east/west roads were the worst and my entire drive is west through huge open spaces so the drifting was terrible. It was still pretty bad today. 

I had a shitty weekend, but it opened my eyes and will be good. Like, when I get drunk, I get really mean and combative to H. I was working on not doing that but on Saturday, I totally flipped on him. My behavior was inexcusable and I decided I'm not drinking like that anymore. I'm not saying I'm never drinking again but I'm not going to drink excessively like that.
    And I got super frustrated that we have this dream of moving but we're not doing anything to get to it. So yesterday we cleaned out the garage and threw away a bunch more stuff. We prioritized my lists and now H knows what he needs to do/buy/etc. So hopefully I'm turning shitty things into good things moving forward!

Stones tickets presales start tomorrow and I still don't know what the ticket prices are. I need to know so I can decide whether or not I'm spending a stupid amount on VIP or going cheap, waiting for the NOLA Jazz Fest announcement and going there also. I need info, dammit!!
    Totally been there. But you recognize that you don’t like how you act and you’re planning to do something about it. It feels shitty now but you’ll be happier about it in the long run. 
  • Oh yeah I know that logically, no one cares that I Knot during the day. It's just one of those irrational things like when I completely panic when I have a cop behind me and I'm not doing anything wrong.

• Oh yeah I know that logically, no one cares that I Knot during the day. It's just one of those irrational things like when I completely panic when I have a cop behind me and I'm not doing anything wrong.

ha! Like when I'm going the speed limit anyway and see a cop and slow down even more.  'no, Pam, that makes you look suspicious!" But it's a knee jerk reaction when I see a cop. slam those brakes.