Wedding Woes

Monday. Again. School Delay. Again

How was the weekend?

Saturday 6let had a noon futsal game.  He bashed his foot into the floor and was practically in tears after the game.  He had another game at 2 so we stuck around to see if the foot got better.  It didn't so we just stayed to cheer.  Asshole dad said "I would have bailed." That's why he's an asshole.  We were already there and had planned to stay.  Sometimes it is about the team not the individual. 

Sunday was church and 6let was still a hurting pup.  There was a large knot that brought tears when I touched it so we headed to Urgent Care.  We've been there 4 times with suspected breaks.  Thankfully, this time was the first time it WASN'T a break.

I sent off my "breezy" email to find out about some tom-foolery with M2's soccer team.  I don't know what a reasonable response time is, but I'm already annoyed that it's been 20 hrs.  I fully accept my crazy in this.

Re: Monday. Again. School Delay. Again

• @6fsn, hope 6let heals quickly.

I had a good weekend, but my day got off to two bad starts: Woke up with a migraine and my brother backed out of a breakfast get-together that we set up last night. Waiting for the migraine meds to take effect. If they don't soon I'll have to stay home today.
  • Yay on being Brake Free!

I am starting to feel like life is getting back to normal. (Just in time for SIL & family to come in March and cause welcome craziness) I met friends for coffee this morning. We welcomed 2 new ladies. One has lived here for 6 years but is new to our area, the other is fresh meat, here a little over 2 months. I am taking her and another girl to the mall tomorrow. We will have two babies so we will see how the new car fits 2 strollers, lol. I am going to get some prescription sunglasses. I don’t know how I have lived without them for so long. Wednesday I am going to get my hair done. It is crazy expensive here so I haven’t been in a long time, I got a trim when I was in the states in May. I am trying to not get my hopes up, either about the treatment or the price.

DH and I are trying to plan a holiday for the first week in April. We are trying to use our airline points and keep it within a 7 hour flight. Our short list is Rome, Milan, or Barcelona. DH wants to go to Italy but we both want a relaxing vacation with very little planned. I am afraid that if we go to Rome we will feel pressure to do too much or that if we go to Milan we will have wished we went to Rome. So idk... does anyone have any thoughts?
  • Hope your migraine disappears soon Jen!
  • I am in torture.  My whole torso is so itchy and I'm really uncomfortable.  It's like my skin has gone berserk.  I don't know why!  The sweater I have on is one I've worn many times before with no issue.  I took some allergy pills and those will probably start to help somewhat (hopefully), but they're usually pretty limited in their relief.  I'm still getting over my 2+ week long cold, smh.  Maybe that's related?

I spent the weekend relaxing and recovering.  Other than going to the grocery store and bank on Sat., I rested a lot.  Possibly too much!  I slept for 10 hours from Fri. night and 13 hours from Sat. night.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Monday! The weekend went way way too fast! 

Friday night we stayed home, watched some Parks & Rec and relaxed. It was exactly what I needed. Saturday I did a long run (13 miles) and it was ridiculously cold. Then I saw Cats with my cousin. I forgot how 1) beautiful that show is but also 2) how weird it is! We had a great time. Yesterday we finally hung up pictures in the living room and cleared away some boxes so we could finally run the robot vacuum. 

All in all not a bad weekend!

My friend and I were supposed to grab dinner tonight but her twin girls (9 months) are both sick. I’m bummed but also tired so I don’t mind rescheduling! I think that made her feel better about having to bail. 
  • Ugh, migraines are the worst. Hope you're feeling better soon @Jen4948.

Friday, we skied for our 3rd and final day of our vacation. I had a blast and I think I can finally call myself a skier now. I did really good. I only wish VT wasn't so far away. 

Saturday we drove home, and just relaxed most of the day. 
    Sunday we went to brunch for my friend's birthday. 
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2019
    Yay on being Brake Free!

I am starting to feel like life is getting back to normal. (Just in time for SIL & family to come in March and cause welcome craziness) I met friends for coffee this morning. We welcomed 2 new ladies. One has lived here for 6 years but is new to our area, the other is fresh meat, here a little over 2 months. I am taking her and another girl to the mall tomorrow. We will have two babies so we will see how the new car fits 2 strollers, lol. I am going to get some prescription sunglasses. I don’t know how I have lived without them for so long. Wednesday I am going to get my hair done. It is crazy expensive here so I haven’t been in a long time, I got a trim when I was in the states in May. I am trying to not get my hopes up, either about the treatment or the price.

DH and I are trying to plan a holiday for the first week in April. We are trying to use our airline points and keep it within a 7 hour flight. Our short list is Rome, Milan, or Barcelona. DH wants to go to Italy but we both want a relaxing vacation with very little planned. I am afraid that if we go to Rome we will feel pressure to do too much or that if we go to Milan we will have wished we went to Rome. So idk... does anyone have any thoughts?

I think you're right on about Rome.  There is SO much to see there that it seems almost a waste to stay there and then not make a point to see everything.  Milan in my opinion was not that exciting.  The Duomo cathedral is gorgeous, but other than that it just feels like a city.  I don't think either would be particularly relaxing.

Have you looked into the Amalfi coast at all?  Sorrento/Amalfi/etc are gorgeous, coastal and fun little towns that lend itself well to no plans and wandering.  If you wanted to venture out you could day trip to Capri or Pompeii.  My other suggestion would be Italian wine country!  Florence is gorgeous and another place where you could easily go with no plans and have plenty to do if you decide you want to - but I don't think you'd regret not packing your schedule. 

In my opinion Barcelona would be a middle ground.  There is TONS to see, but Spain in general is just very laid back and you could easily go with no plans but I would probably make a point to see at least Guadi Park, Sagrada Familia while you're there.

• Our work computers just came back online.  So annoying; I can't do a damn thing except filing when our server is down.  Usually, I don't even have filing because I have a secretary I hand that over to now.  BUT, an asshole incompetent, never did her damn job right co-worker left and attorney had me pick up her problem cases.  They're probably b/c co-worker was incompetent.  I receive the physical files with a loose filing.  Not totally unexpected, but loose filing going back to February 2017 was unexpected.  Co-worker hadn't filed a damn thing since the case opened!  I'm trying not to fume, b/c she's gone and there's not much I can do now, but grrrrr.

Weekend was slow.  I went out Friday night and had too much fun.  I think it's time for me to become an old lady for real, I'm not cut out for early morning nights out anymore.  Plus, I have other goals I'd like to be reaching and partying does interfere with those *looks at loads of dirty laundry and instapot still unconquered* 
  • Casadena said:
    Yay on being Brake Free!

I think you're right on about Rome.  There is SO much to see there that it seems almost a waste to stay there and then not make a point to see everything.  Milan in my opinion was not that exciting.  The Duomo cathedral is gorgeous, but other than that it just feels like a city.  I don't think either would be particularly relaxing.

Have you looked into the Amalfi coast at all?  Sorrento/Amalfi/etc are gorgeous, coastal and fun little towns that lend itself well to no plans and wandering.  If you wanted to venture out you could day trip to Capri or Pompeii.  My other suggestion would be Italian wine country!  Florence is gorgeous and another place where you could easily go with no plans and have plenty to do if you decide you want to - but I don't think you'd regret not packing your schedule. 

In my opinion Barcelona would be a middle ground.  There is TONS to see, but Spain in general is just very laid back and you could easily go with no plans but I would probably make a point to see at least Guadi Park, Sagrada Familia while you're there.

I’ll also make the case for Spain. We went to Malaga in June (southern coast of Spain) and we loved it! A good mix of interesting/historical stuff, great beaches, amazing food, but also a really laid back, casual vibe. We leaned (once we got there) it tends to be a big British tourist location? and we found it super easy to get around because it was a smaller city. We didn’t ever have plans for the days but found enough to do so we weren’t bored but never felt like we had to go do stuff or we’d “miss it”. 
  • Yay on being Brake Free!

Honestly I can't recommend Florence enough. We went for our HM and the only thing I booked ahead were our tickets to see the David. Milan is OK, but I wouldn't spend more than a few days there. 
  • @climbingwife I wish we could do Florence but we are limited to where we can fly using miles on the dates we want. Florence wasn’t available. :( 

I am going to bring up Barcelona again. I know DH wants Italy but this doesn’t seem like the trip to go on.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Aw feel better soon 6let and also @Jen4948 and @short+sassy.  Welcome back @CharmedPam and @climbingwife
    @missJeanLouise I’d go with Florence or Rome.  Neither is a terribly busy city that feels hectic but both offer lots to do if you wake up feeling ambitious.  Although just walking around looking at the gorgeous architecture on your way to an outdoor cafe for some $3 house wine and bruschetta is enough.  I’ve been to both cities in April, it’s a lovely time of year as far as weather.  If I had to pick one i’d choose Florence.

Low key weekend.  Enjoyed my niece’s party, did some food prep, and helped the kids make their annual Valentines Day card (their hand/finger/footprints are always involved some way).  This year we took a break from red or pink- it’s their little feet in white paint on a blue piece of paper, the feet upside look like snowmen.  “Our love for you will never melt”. Threw them in the mail today with my leftover Christmas stamps, I’ll be damned buying heart stamps when I still have the Holy Family laying around  :D

eta- wanted to wait until I heard from my mom, but today was her first day of chemo (six weeks of treatment, every Monday).  She said she’s feeling pretty good, thankfully 
  • @climbingwife I wish we could do Florence but we are limited to where we can fly using miles on the dates we want. Florence wasn’t available. :( 

I am going to bring up Barcelona again. I know DH wants Italy but this doesn’t seem like the trip to go on.
    Aww nuts! I'd do Barcelona then. I think you're right about Rome. 

You could easily fly into Rome then take the train to Florence. However, if you do go to Rome I would recommend staying in the Travestere neighborhood (I think I spelled that correctly). We were in Rome in October and wish we stayed there. We did a walking/eating tour there, and it was charming. If you could fly to Sicily, that would also be a great place for a laid back vacation. We were there almost 3 years ago.
  • Weekend was pretty good and mostly relaxing.  Saturday, DH took DefConn to a car show.  It was custom cars and hot rods.  They had fun.  I went shopping.

Yesterday, we had an extremely low-key day.  Got some stuff done around the house and I got started on a book my sister gave me. 

It's Monday...blergh.  

If Naples is an option for your flights, it's only about an hour drive to the Amalfi coast if that is something you're interested in! 

But for sure give Spain a serious look!

• My brother just posted a photo of him on Facebook having lunch with my parents at the same restaurant he backed out of meeting me at this morning for breakfast.
  • WTF Jen?!  That's complete crap. 
  • Oh - my parents posted about it too on Facebook.
  • Agreed - WTF @Jen4948 I'm so sorry
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Message deleted. 
  • Ugh that’s awful Jen  :(
  • Jen - That is so shitty and I would respond.  "Why did you cancel breakfast here with me if you were already going to be there for lunch!  You could have just stayed at the same table for both meals!"  It calls him out on the cancellation, but you look like the good guy because you found a way to joke about it.

Our weekend was pretty good.  Friday night we met the sweetest dog!  Put in an application, so now just waiting to hear back with fingers crossed!  Saturday we had family nap time and almost didn't wake up in time for church!  H popped awake and said "Crap!  We have to leave in 5 mins!"  I check on the monitor to see what DD is up to and she is buck naked in her crib!  She even got her diaper off, but thankfully she didn't have an accident while in there!

Sunday was more of the same.  I made vanilla extract in the Instant Pot and now I don't need to worry about buying any soon.  We had a storm come through overnight so we have about 3 inches of snow.  We are supposed to get a freezing rain/snow mixture tonight too. 

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    edited February 2019
    I kind of did in a text with my brother. He said my parents wanted to go to that restaurant. I said that I guessed they didn't know about his canceling on me. He replied "Nope." His nonchalance makes me not want to joke about it. I emailed my parents and just gave them the bare facts and "Ouch!" They haven't responded as yet but I doubt they give any shits either.

Updated: from my brother:

"Quit being a baby. It was lunch." Accusations of me being immature. Then he unfriended me on Facebook.

Good riddance.

My parents responded that they didn't know about the canceled breakfast meeting (okay), he overslept (he canceled a little after midnight), and "Sorry you couldn't join us for lunch" (there was never any question that I couldn't join them because the restaurant is 30 minutes away from my office).
  • I'm sorry Jen, that really sucks.
  • I legit don’t get it, Jen  :/ especially the exuses!  

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    edited February 2019
    Neither do I. But it's been like that for years. My parents defend him and three of them shortchange me, but if I call them on it in any way, they get defensive or knock me down.

My mother decided just now to use that selfie as her Facebook profile photo.

I blocked her.
  • edited February 2019
    Sending healing vibes for 6let, and for you, @Jen4948 and @short+sassy.

Welcome back @CharmedPam and @climbingwife!

@missJeanLouise, my sponsor just spent a week in Rome and Florence. The photos he took in both places were spectacular. 

Today was the usual Monday nonsense, and on top of that, I think I gave DW food poisoning. Now I’m feeling really guilty. 

Edited to fix my language.
  • So sorry Jen.  That is beyond shitty.