Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Entertainment Ideas?

We will be having a small outdoor wedding and reception (50 people) with a rustic garden theme. Our reception will be appetizer only. I REALLY do not want there to be dancing, but I was wondering if that would be too boring of a reception since it will not include a full meal. Does anyone have cheap ideas on how to keep my guests entertained? I would like to have music at the reception. We are on a very tight budget so I am wondering if it is worth the cost to hire a dj?

Re: Entertainment Ideas?

• Options
    We will be having a small outdoor wedding and reception (50 people) with a rustic garden theme. Our reception will be appetizer only. I REALLY do not want there to be dancing, but I was wondering if that would be too boring of a reception since it will not include a full meal. Does anyone have cheap ideas on how to keep my guests entertained? I would like to have music at the reception. We are on a very tight budget so I am wondering if it is worth the cost to hire a dj?
    At what time is your reception?  If it is in the morning or early afternoon, I might not necessarily expect to find a DJ or be up for dancing.  What is the time frame from the beginning of your ceremony to the end of your reception.  If it is meant to be brief, then conversation, background music, and good food should be enough entertainment for adults. 
  • Options

I had an outdoor wedding and reception with 35 people.  It was in the early evening and about 4 hours long.  There wasn't dancing, I doubt guests were expecting that.  Wasn't room for a dance floor anyway.  But we did have an iPod with a few speakers playing background music.  A DJ would have been totally wrong for the vibe.  We didn't have any other "entertainment" for the reception.  People ate.  People mingled and chatted.  Everyone seemed happy and I got a lot of compliments about the reception.

For the processional/ceremony, we did hire a family friend couple, to sing and play guitar.  The wife is a professional musician.

Wedding Countdown Ticker