Wedding Woes

Finally Friday!

I'm off work around 11AM and then it is a 4-day weekend!  Mardi Gras day is on Tues., which is a holiday at my work, and I'm taking a vacation day Mon.

I have some errands to run after work today, but then I am going to hole up in my house for the rest of the weekend.  It's too crazy out there and the traffic is insane to do anything else, lol.  I'm a Mardi Gras grinch.

I need to make a grocery store run at Walmart.  Then I'm really hoping to see a 4-plex that just dropped in price, but am waiting to hear back from my realtor.  My last stop for the day will be my only nod to Mardi Gras, lol.  I pre-ordered and am picking up a king cake package (one savory, one sweet).  I got cream cheese filled for the sweet one and boudin filled for the savory one.  Boudin is a Cajun type of sausage that is a ground up texture and comprised of rice, pork, and seasonings.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally Friday!

• I'm off at 11:30 today.  YAY half-days. 

We're heading to Cincy this weekend to visit with BIL/SIL/nephews.  DH and BIL are heading to Cbus tomorrow for the Arnold Classic Expo. SIL are going to find something to do with the kiddos. 

Sunday is dinner with my parents.  And maybe if we get back early enough, grocery shopping. 
  • Sounds like a nice weekend!! 

I've got a 4-dayer as well. I took Mon & Tues to finish up the house. 

We're having a party tomorrow night. Empty the bar theme. We have so many half bottles of alcohol that I'd like to get rid of. I'm going to run by the party store on my lunch and get raffle tickets. I'm going to give tickets with every drink and raffle off our used crap that's in the garage sale bins. Should be fun!

Last night I caught my H trying to put dirty dishes in the clean dishwasher, realizing it's clean and then hand-washing the dishes to avoid emptying the dishwasher. So we get to have another "I'm neither your mother nor your fucking housekeeper so pull your god damned weight" conversation. Those are always nice. 

My sister and I are going to a concert tonight with a friend we don't see often so that should be fun. And we're meeting at my dad's so I can visit my own dog. LOL 
    That is the best theme for a party I have ever heard of, lol.  Sounds fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week has been longer than last week, which makes no sense.  I'm just really back in another funk.  I've deactivated FB for now to try and help and am just giving myself space to feel my feels.  K is managing to work my last nerve during this time, but I also can't be reliable on what I feel like from moment to moment, so we're just trying to glide through this as best we can.  Is summer here yet?  I need summer.  K will be out of school for the summer, it will be sunny, I have no commitments except for as much floating on the rivers as I can possibly get in.

I don't have any plans this weekend except for cooking and cleaning.  K's roller derby home opener is tomorrow.  I really don't want to go, but good GFs do, so I will.
  • We woke up this morning to find out that DW’s VA check (which is the lion’s share of our income) was stolen. She’s going to the federal building and the bank to try to get things sorted out, but it could be two weeks before she gets a replacement check. I don’t get paid again till next Friday. FML.
  • We woke up this morning to find out that DW’s VA check (which is the lion’s share of our income) was stolen. She’s going to the federal building and the bank to try to get things sorted out, but it could be two weeks before she gets a replacement check. I don’t get paid again till next Friday. FML.
    No!! That really sucks I’m sorry you are dealing with that. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

That party sounds FUN @shessocold!

6let has a tournament at the Arnold Classic this weekend, but the Teens Expo.  It's also opening day for THE CREW. Which is extra huge because THEY WERE SAVED.  The stadium and the teen expo share a parking lot so it should be a special brand of crazy.

TMI- but my period is extra bad this month and it's making me extra everything. I am exhausted.  I've got on sweatpants, tshirt, sweatshirt, bathrobe, a blanket and I'm still chilled.  I'm also hungry and cranky and weepy and everything elsey.

Apparently it's employee appreciation day.  Work is drawing a random gift card winner every hour so that's kind of the one thing I'm looking forward to.

• VarunaTT said:
    This week has been longer than last week, which makes no sense.  I'm just really back in another funk.  I've deactivated FB for now to try and help and am just giving myself space to feel my feels.  K is managing to work my last nerve during this time, but I also can't be reliable on what I feel like from moment to moment, so we're just trying to glide through this as best we can.  Is summer here yet?  I need summer.  K will be out of school for the summer, it will be sunny, I have no commitments except for as much floating on the rivers as I can possibly get in.

I don't have any plans this weekend except for cooking and cleaning.  K's roller derby home opener is tomorrow.  I really don't want to go, but good GFs do, so I will.
    This time of year sucks anyway on top of everything else you’re dealing with. Does K get a spring break? Wondering if you two can use that time to recharge a bit. 
  • @ShesSoCold that sounds like such a fun party!!!

@VarunaTT I'm sorry you're in a funk. Try to take some time for self care this weekend, if you can. Hugs. 

I have a deadline going out at 4pm today and I Just. Want. To. Go. Home. My infected head has gotten worse. Ordinarily I would have taken today or another day off this week to rest, but this week has been insane and this deadline has been one ridiculous challenge after the other. I'm in a holding pattern while I wait for pricing, but I am hoping I can get this shit wrapped up and uploaded to the bidder procurement site early so I can go home and nap. 

We're supposed to have two snowstorms this weekend, and I'm hoping they're not going to be as bad as the meteorologists are predicting/overhyping, because if I am feeling better I would rather not have all of us cooped up in the house. 
  • Longest week ever! Tonight I'm going to the gym, and then just relaxing at home. 

Tomorrow, I'm running errands, and then heading into the city for my BFF's birthday dinner. 

Sunday I'm going to my FSIL's dress fitting. 
  • Ugh - 2019 has been....long.

Tonight DH was thinking he could have had to be with MIL if she was going to be discharged but instead we'll take the kids to a magic show at the HS.

This weekend we need to do some serious cleaning and prep for Monday when we get the new boiler installed.   Hopefully Monday night arrives and we have hot water but I guess we'll see?  I guess a cold shower wake up Tuesday will be JUST the thing I need to wake me up.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Totally side eyeing my friend.  She said her kid was puking from 9-2 yesterday and had a fever as of 8 pm last night. She sent the kid to school today. No!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2019
    We woke up this morning to find out that DW’s VA check (which is the lion’s share of our income) was stolen. She’s going to the federal building and the bank to try to get things sorted out, but it could be two weeks before she gets a replacement check. I don’t get paid again till next Friday. FML.
    I'm so sorry to hear that!  It's such an awful situation.  I don't know what kind of bills you all have due in the next couple weeks, but most places should be understanding if you inform them and explain the delay.  Especially if she has some kind of documentation from the VA.

One of my tenants had something like this happen to her last March.  It was actually extra creepy.  Her job pays her on one of those cash cards, but she can also withdraw the cash from it at her place of employment.  She was working on her payday and went to withdraw most of the cash on her break.  The card had never been out of her hands, but the money was gone.  Her company was able to track down the card had been used in person by someone and in the same store, 45 minutes before she had tried.  But it's one of those huge big box stores with thousands of customers a day.  Edited to add: they did reimburse her back, but it took about 10 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam have so much fun!!   Prague and the Czech REpublic in general are so awesome!  Never been to Vienna but heard wonderful things.
  • I'm not coming home for Mardi Gras this year. I usually come every other year. It was a shock when I moved and had to work on Mardi Gras. Boo!!!!

My mom sent me a King Cake, so I'm good.
    I'm sorry you couldn't come home this year!  FWIW, the weather has been especially lousy.  It was rain and thunderstorms for the Wed/Thurs parades.  Rain and thunderstorms for today and Sunday.  In fact, they bumped the parades sooner yesterday because of it.  I work right off St. Charles and have to cross it to get home.  I left work 45 minutes early yesterday because I was worried they were going to block that street before I could get out.

Though Mon. and Tues. should be dry.  But much colder than it usually is for this time of year.  I thought the perk of a late-in-the-year Mardi Gras was warmer weather.  So rude! lol.

Glad your mom hooked you up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, agreed.  This week has been SO long!!! @shessocold, what a fun idea.  Hope it turns ot well.  @short+sassy, every year when you tell me you get fat tuesday (its Fat tuesday right?) off I get a little jealous inside.  I’m living in the wrong state. @OurWildKingdom, oh no!  I hope that 2 weeks is an over estimate!  That sucks! @VarunaTT, you two need a staycation. A weekend or a few days alone at home.  Till your bored outta your mind 😁

this Sunday is my trip to Vienna/Czech Republic.  Am I excited?   Oh, just a bit!  I have so much to do before then.  Facial tonight. Hair and nails tomorrow and I have to put all my “mental packing” into the real suitcase.  A few days ago I needed riced cauliflower for a recipe and had to buy the hair dye.  I’m lazy af.  And hate stepping into stores so I picked up a box of hair dye on the walmart pick up app.  Chocolate cherry.  I thought it was a dark brown with red highlights but its more of a burgundy with brown lowlights.  I know I should exchange it for the color I had in mind - but if I was to lazy to pick up the box initally, I’m also to lazy to exchange it.  I’ll probably just use it and hope I can pull of burgundy again.   
    Weellll...my work "trades" it for Memorial Day.  So it's not an extra day of holiday, it just happens sooner in the year.  Yes!  It is also called Fat Tuesday, you got that correct.  It gets that name because it's the day before Ash Wed., when Lent starts.  The idea is to live it up before people give stuff up for Lent.  So, revel and drink all the drinks.  Eat all the meats. 

However, this year I'm going to be jealous of you and all your jet-setting, lol.  Vienna and the Czech Republic!  So awesome!  I hope you have an amazing time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m so sorry @OurWildKingdom. That’s awful. 

@ShesSoCold that sounds like a great idea and a lot of fun. When I moved out of my apartment I was just giving half bottles away. A party would have been way more fun. 

@Casadena sending you guys good vibes!

@CharmedPam Prague is one of my favorite places in the world. I love Austria and the Czech Republic. Have fun! 

@6fsn I’d be side-eyeing that friend too. I’m side-eyeing whoever started the plague at FI’s work. Literally five people were out yesterday with the same symptoms at his work. I’m sending the OG Typhoid Mary there a big middle finger emoji. Stay the fuck home if you’re that sick. Or at least have the courtesy to wear a mask all day. 

We leave for Vegas today. To be honest, I’m not as excited anymore. FI is still pretty sick which means we can’t really do the things we were planning to do. Yesterday I did a hike and forgot sunscreen so I have a lobster sunburn in the shape of a sports bra that should go great with my dresses. I’m trying to be in good spirits about it, but FI being sick just really sucks a lot. This will be day 4 of plague for him so I really hope by the end of the day he’s feeling better. But Squish gave me a birthday present this morning. He’s not normally a cuddly sort of guy and he walked up to me and started to purr and he wanted all the petting. And then when I stopped he stood up and put a paw on my hand like, “mom, I am not done yet, more cuddles please.” So cute. 

• Yeah! My agent couldn't meet me at the 4-plex I want to see until later in the day, which would have been tough for me, but the listing agent can meet at noon. so I'm all set!

The listing had pictures of one unit and it didn't look too bad.  But at the price point and considering all the units are currently vacant, I know there are going to be repair/rehab issues.  So, the real question is, how bad is it? Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That party sounds amazing @ShesSoCold, have a wonderful time @CharmedPam, ugh what a drag about your wife’s check @OurWildKingdom and I hope your FI starts to feel better and that you have a fun, recharging trip @levioosa!

Usual work pattern.  Crazy now slow-ish. The Dr. Seuss theme today was wear green (book- Green Eggs in Ham) and I made these awesome green eggs and ham mini Frittatas for breakfast.  The kids devoured them and they got their green color from blending the eggs with spinach, so healthy as well as festive.  I LOVE when they have an insanely healthy breakfast, I feel like it gives me a pass on dinner  ;) taking my oldest to a painting workshop at MoMA tomorrow and I think we’ll do lunch at BlackTap, they have there crazy milkshakes that I think she’d enjoy.  Making a big pot of Sunday Sauce on Sunday, and nothing else really planned.
  • Today is day 1 of a Keto/low-carb attempt, except I didn't plan ahead and I'm starving and I know I haven't eaten the right stuff today. We have snacks at work but I think cheese sticks are about the only compliant thing available right now and I've already had 2 today. lesson learned for another day.
  • OWK - I hope you get it straightened out faster than 10 days!

Casadena - Everything crossed for you guys!

Charmed - Enjoy your trip!  It sounds amazing!

We had some snow this morning and H had a 2 hour delay, which means I get to sleep in an extra hour!  It was needed this morning!  DD must have needed it too because she didn't start to stir until the later alarm went off.

This weekend will be mostly relaxing while we finish final cleanup from DDs party.  Mostly its just taking leaves out of tables, moving chairs and putting the large serving pieces back down stairs.  We will do church on Sunday since they are having their blood drive and H will be donating. 

Our anniversary is coming up on the 16th, so I have started to plan it.  I have finally convinced H to get a couples massage!  He doesn't like people touching him, so he always resisted.  I said I felt the same way the first time I got a massage, but then you forget about that once the massage actually starts becuase it feels so good!  Fingers crossed he likes it and we can keep going from time to time.  I also got a really good groupon deal for it!  So for our anniversary, we will get the couple massage, then have dinner and finally go see Captain Marvel.  I'm so excited!  We still have 3 weeks to go!

• OOM I just had a Groupon massage today - always a great idea! My H is OK with them as long as it is a woman doing the massage whereas I don't care if it is a man or woman. 
  • Congrats @6fsn.  I never win those things!
    @OliveOilsMom, my first massage was a couples massage on a cruise.  Since we were on the spa floor, heck, why not?  I didn’t hate it.  But I don’t think I’ll need one again. I’m totes like your hubby and don’t like people touching me.  Now facials -  facials I do like