Wedding Woes

Monday? Is it monday?

How was the weekend? Anything exciting going on? 

Not much in my neck of the woods. H and I saw Miss Saigon Friday night and it was, okay. The sound was terrible (I have season tickets so I sit in the same place for each show) and I couldn’t hear a good 3/4 of the lyrics. So that was a bummer. 

Saturday I ran 15 miles inside because it is still snowing in Buffalo (and it’s snowing today). 

Yesteray we saw my parents in the morning to pick up a China cabinet, stopped at Hs brothers house, then went and saw my in laws who just got back from 6 weeks in Florida. We took the dog with us and he was so tired from all that excitement he fell asleep on their floor. 

But the best news is that H fixed the bathtub without having to tear apart the bathroom!!

Re: Monday? Is it monday?

• That's great about the bathtub! 

We got about 9" of snow last night. The crews did a great job plowing because my ride into work was totally fine. 

Friday we relaxed at home. Saturday night we went into the city for my BFF's birthday dinner. Sunday my mom and I went to my FSIL's dress fitting, and then went shopping after. 
  • The bad: MIL is still in the hospital.   Her appendix is long gone but her body doesn't do well with infection/stress and she hasnt' been able to eat yet.  I feel bad for her and it's been a rough few months.     At this rate it's looking like Wednesday as the earliest day she will be out.

BUT, it's BOILER DAY!  DH, his dad, uncle and my dad are currently doing geeky man stuff so we can have heat later.    Right now the old one is disconnected and they're working on the new.   My finger are crossed that we have heat and hot water tonight.   If not DH and I may need extra blankets or we'll have to actually touch each other for warmth. 

Chiquita has no school so I sent her and Chiquito off to daycare with loads of snow gear, extra clothes and they can play until this crap melts by tomorrow. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sorry the sound was off @charlotte989875- hope it was a one-time glitch. Hope your MIL feels better soon and that the boiler stuff goes well @banana468

Snow day for the kids and for me.  It snowed for a few days straight and last night’s projection was high so I’m not shocked they closed schools.  Kids had a ball sledding this morning.  Nothing else really going on.
  • Yea for the bathtub!

@banana468 I hope you have heat and hot water tonight. That is interesting that they will do snow time at daycare. I swear my kid hasn't been outside in months. The rule is above 32 they will go outside but when it has been warm enough they still don't (rain/snow/windy/whatever). definitely can't see them doing a snow day either. Although I can't imagine helping a bunch of kids get ready for snow either, even the older ones. 
  • It just broke that Luke Perry died.  How friggin' sad.  :( 

Weekend was good.  We had a nice time with BIL/SIL/nephews.  I'm just tired.  We had dinner with my parents last night.  I think everyone is excited about their upcoming trip.  ;)

This week is going to be crazy.  I have to go to the store tonight, DefConn's musical is tomorrow, and then Coach purse bingo on Weds.  Plus, they want DH to work out of a different facility and he's got a shit ton of stuff to do at his facility.  So craziness all around, ha. 
  • mrsconn I just came to post that too. Wowie. And they are having the reboot of the show this summer, right? 
  • I'm seriously crying at my desk over Luke Perry. I loved him so much. 
    Same. I grew up on 90210. 
  • I'm so sad about Luke Perry too!  He was so young!  One of my first crushes, though I was always more of a Brandon girl!

Banana - I hope MIL does well and keeps moving on the up and up!

Charlotte - Yay H!  Good job with the bathtub!

Weekend was good and very relaxing, even though we got stuff done.  Saturday DD was awake and I didn't get up because she was happily playing by herself in her crib.  It was my morning, but I guess H couldn't sleep with DD making her noises across the hall.  So he got up with her instead, even though it was my morning.  When I got up, I made waffles for breakfast and then we eventually went to the Amish mart for lunch.  I also got the fixins' for dinner that I was planning.  Just cleaning and straigtening up the rest of the afternoon.

Sunday we went to church since H was going to donate blood at their blood drive.  But he couldn't since he had aspirin and a slight head cold.  Once back home, we had lunch and put DD up for a nap.  I went out to return a few items from her birthday gifts that didn't fit.  I also filled out her spring/summer wardrobe from Once Upon a Child.  I spent more than I planned, but she will be stylish!  Then we waited for the snow storm that wasn't.  We got about a coating before we switched over to freezing rain for good.  So it was a big nothing for us in the end!

Same. I grew up on 90210. 
    I was just watching the episode where Mel and Jackie get married at the Walsh's house. And Dylan drives away all angry after his confrontation with Jim. And I remember my teenage self CYRING at how upset I was that he just left poor Brenda on her front yard. 

I could probably recall every episode..haha. 
  • @short+sassy - Yes, I've seen commercials for the show.  I've not watched it yet, I always mean to, but I think it comes on at 10.  That is way too late for me!  LOL!  And when we always talk about watching something On Demand, I have never remembered it!
  • @charlotte989875, that's great news your H was able to fix the bathtub.  I'm sure that's a big relief for you all.

@banana468, good luck with the boiler.  I'm glad to hear your MIL might be coming home today.  Hopefully her recovery will start going more smoothly.

@OliveOilsMom, did you know that Jason Priestley (Brandon) is on a show called Private Eyes?  It's a detective show, but more on the light/humor side than serious drama.  I'd never heard of it, but stumbled across it last year.  It's part of Ion Television.

I'm drinking mimosas.  On Monday.  While binging on Judge Judy and eating king cake.  Perfect day, lol!

It’s so nice! I look an hour long bath last night and it was fantastic! 

Enjoy your champagne and king cake! Really jealous. 
  • Fairly productive weekend. More cleaning out of stuff. I actually got H to get rid of a ton of paperbacks. This was quite an accomplishment! I'm very proud of myself. We have boxes to take to half priced books - I know we won't get much for them but hey whatever. We went and looked at a house yesterday that I was dying to see. I was underwhelmed. We would have to do too much cosmetic stuff - countertops, hardwood, and carpet. Plus they have it overpriced in my opinion. Oh well at least I got it out of my system. It was really cute on the outside and in a great neighborhood. We will just keep our eyes open for other houses in that area - maybe.

H was called for jury duty today but he was released so he should be home pretty soon. It was so funny because he had to be up, showered and dressed before 7:00 for the first time since he retired! I gave him such a hard time. It has actually been nice having the house to myself for a couple of hours. LOL!

Hope your MIL improves at home @banana468. Yay for handy husbands @charlotte989875
  • @short+sassy - Yes, I've seen commercials for the show.  I've not watched it yet, I always mean to, but I think it comes on at 10.  That is way too late for me!  LOL!  And when we always talk about watching something On Demand, I have never remembered it!
    I like it.  It's really on the wholesome side, so sometimes it gets a little cheesy.  A "Murder She Wrote" kind of vibe, but in Toronto instead of Maine and with people a little younger, lol.  But the characters are likeable and the interplay between them is also a running part of the story.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a sexy guy who plays a charming character ;).  It's also funny that he was a heartthrob for me as a teenager.  And now we have both grown up into middle age, so I still find him a heartthrob, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We spent the weekend at the Arnold kids expo. The kids had a blast! 6lets team lost two won one. One of the losses he scored 3 out of 5 points and assisted 1- from goalie position! They were playing a girls team that had the biggest u11 I’ve ever seen. She was every bit of 5’4 and had hit puberty.

im struggling today. I’ve been running since 445 and just realized I haven’t showered or had lunch. My hormones are a mad mess and I actually cried over m2s soccer program. It’s all so dumb. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I must just have too many tears today. My kid got a compliment and I cried. 
  • Random walking parade just went down my cross street.  Band instruments playing (that was how I heard it).  Most people dressed in costume.  Me and Izzy (the dog) went outside to watch it.  So fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The trip to the police station was a waste of time. The officer told DW she needed to file a report with the VA police. She’ll do that this week, but she’s not optimistic that anything will come of it. They did freeze the bank account of the guy who stole from her, though.

We did some grocery shopping and got the car washed. Now we have paczki (giant jelly doughnuts) and king cake, but we have to eat it fast. I decided that even though I’m not Christian, I’m going to use Lent as an opportunity to try going vegan. Just me, though, and I’ll still buy and make meat, dairy, and eggs for DW.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2019
    That’s crazy @OurWildKingdom!  Do you know who took it then?  I need some paczki’s in my life.
    And  :'( about Luke Perry.  I can’t beileve he’s gone! 

• @CharmedPam, we know he has a Cleveland address and is a Navy vet or related to one. I’m hoping that the VA police report helps get things moving.