Wedding Woes
Options

Daughters in a 'love triangle'.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited March 2019 in Wedding Woes

Dear Prudence,

I have two daughters, 27-year-old “Lilah” and 20-year-old “Lisa.” Lilah dated “Andrew,” 29, for four years. She was gutted when he broke up with her last year. Lisa recently confessed that she ran into Andrew at a bar, they reconnected, and they’re falling in love. Lisa wants help telling Lilah about their romance. She thinks there’s a chance that Lilah could be happy for them. I’ve tried to explain to Lisa how and why Lilah will be deeply hurt by this, but Lisa (in part due to immaturity) thinks love “should be given a chance.” I don’t know what to do. Lisa has always looked up to Lilah, and maybe this is her trying to emulate her older sister? I am pretty grossed out by Andrew, and I worry about the fallout to my family.

—Mister vs. Sister

Re: Daughters in a 'love triangle'.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2019

Are there seriously only the four men?!
    Right?

My mom joked with us when growing up that the house rule was no dating each other's boyfriends.  She kind of kidding, but it would have been a shitshow if it really had happened.   We never liked the same dudes.  I did date a guy who was in love with my sister and it was...uncomfortable...to say the least. 

My older sister's BFF dated my sister's HS BF while they were all in college and that was an awful nightmare.  Thankfully, their friendship survived and that guy is long gone.  But it was high fucking drama for awhile. 
  • Options
    Hoooooooooooly shit. This is a bad situation. 
  • Options
    Andrew is gross. Andrew dated the sister for 4 years, ending a year ago. That means Lisa was 15 when Andrew started coming around. She should seem like a little kid to him, even though she's technically an adult.

Gross. 
    OMG, I did not do that math and make that connection.  Majorly creepy.

I already side-eyed a little bit that she was 20 and he was 29.  Like someone else mentioned, although a 9 year age difference isn't normally that big of a deal, it is a little ick when the younger person is just out of their teens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This sounds like the situation from "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" between Josh and Lara Jean, aside from the age differences.  And I will say no more to avoid spoilers.  
    I don't like Andrew.  Only one year goes by and he's dating the younger sister?  No, just no.

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    This sounds like the situation from "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" between Josh and Lara Jean, aside from the age differences.  And I will say no more to avoid spoilers.  
    I don't like Andrew.  Only one year goes by and he's dating the younger sister?  No, just no.

SITB

I really enjoyed that movie!