Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Oahu or Aruba & Curacao?

My fiancee and I are trying to plan our honeymoon for mid-June next year. Essentially we are deciding between a 9 day vacation to Oahu or Aruba and Curacao. We both have been to Hawaii separately and loved it. Neither of us have been to Aruba and Curacao. I'm hoping I can get some opinions of what people think of each. Thanks!

Re: Oahu or Aruba & Curacao?

• Options
    Aruba is lovely, clean, safe with amazing beaches and great restaurants. There is a lot to do on the island. Oahu is also beautiful, more tropical and also has a lot to do. Ohau is tropical. Aruba more dry. 
    Spring Break 2013
  • Options
    Where are you coming from? Flight duration and price would vary greatly since the two locations are far apart (if this is a concern for you).
    I haven’t been to either destination but have heard amazing things about both.  I have a handful of friends who honeymooned in Hawaii and all described it as “magical”.  Aruba is an ace in the hole because you’ll almost guaranteed have great weather.
  • Options
    I agree with @eileenrob on the distance. How far do you want to fly? That would matter to me.

Also, if you have hair that's prone to frizz, you'll look way better on your honeymoon in a drier climate...
  • Options
    I have to ask, where did you all go to in Hawaii! We are interested in going for our honeymoon but have no idea where to start?