Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Day!

edited March 2019 in Wedding Woes
And my Friday! I'm off tomorrow, somewhat for no reason. My friend is having a party for us tomorrow night and I didn't want the dog to be home alone all day and night. So I will sleep in and probably bake and clean. My 3 favorite things. 

I had like 4 inches cut off my hair on Saturday. I'm upset about the length but it's amazing how much lighter and fluffier and healthier it all feels. I knew I was overdue and needed a lot of end cleanup, but this difference is drastic. I need to try to remember this next time I feel like she cut it too short.
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Prudie Day!

• Options
    Yay for new hairstyles! 

I have work today and I’m not excited about it. They’ve been offering crisis pay and blowing up my phone every day so it’s going to be another day of no lunches or breaks. I can feel it. I’m hoping I’ll feel up to the gym after work, but I’m not making myself any promises. I just really don’t want to skip three days in a row since I work all weekend. This is when I wish I had an elliptical at the house. Other than that SSDD. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Happy happy birthday defconn!! Not much here. My mom, m2 and jade dress shopping for First Communion today. Then she’s spending the next to nights with them. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday to defconn! I hope he has a good day! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Happy birthday Defconn!

@ShesSoCold I cut six inches off last Friday and it feels great! 

Pumped for Mets/baseball opening day...I’m going to try and watch a bit at work on the app, but it’s straight from work to the kids’ school to swimming, all over the game time (1-4) so I doubt I’ll catch much.  Oh well...long season 
  • Options

Happy Birthday DefConn!  He will have a blast in Magic Kingdom for the day!

I just finished my antibiotics yesterday and in the evening I started coughing and my throat started bothering me again.  Its a bit worse today, though the coughing is kept at bay with cough drops.  So back to urgent care today on my lunch hour.  I hope its nothing big. 

I'm also excited for baseball season starting today too!  I don't know why we spent all that money on Bryce Harper, so I'm a little perturbed with the Phillies management.  But I'm hoping for a decent season!  We have tickets for a few games already including free ones for one of the suites, that my H won at his technology conference in January.

The weather is supposed to be amazing today through Saturday.  Just hoping I feel up to getting outside and walking or doing other work until the rain comes on Sunday.

• Options
    Whelp, my "second" inspection is today at 3:30.  According to the listing agent, we'll be able to get into the other unit this time.  I'm not so sure about that but, we'll see.  Fingers crossed.  

Work has been super busy, which is great.  But there is also some frustration about that.  So, I've had a huge stack of steel packages to process that have come in over the last year.  I've been doing them, when I've had time, but they weren't a priority because we weren't ordering steel until 2019...though weren't even sure when in 2019.  And some of the steel isn't needed until 2020.

As such, I was given a list of which order to process them in because not everything gets built at the same time.  Well!  Now there is a flurry of steel needed.  That's great because it's progress.  But most of the huge stack of steel packages that I have already completed is NOT being requested.  I was given a list of 10 packages they want ASAP, which are much further down on the original priority list I was given (sigh).  With all the other work I have to do, I can only get 1-2 of these packages completed per day and I occasionally have days where I can't do any.

I've explained all this to the engineer who is in charge of this aspect of the project.  He totally understands and agrees, but I still feel "aaahhh!" when I'm suddenly facing this long list of packages and am only very slowly crossing them off, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom called shortly after I got home from work to let me know that my Grandma passed away. I knew it was coming sooner rather than later. One of my cousins was with her, and she went very peacefully in her sleep. I know how lucky I am to have had my grandparents for so long. 

I’m trying to decide if/how to reach out to my second and third cousins. I’m friends with several of them on Facebook, but even Messenger seems like a horrible way to let someone know that their aunt died. My mom is super organized and has everyone’s phone numbers, so I think I should leave it to her. What should I do?
  • Options
    OWK - I'm sorry for your loss.  If you are close to those cousins, I would let them know.  "Hey, I'm sorry to do this via messenger, but I wanted to let you know that Aunt passed."
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So sorry OWK.  Agree with OOM- if you have an active relationship with any of them, let them know.  If not your mom could pass the news.
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss OWK. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I’m so sorry Owk. Do the cousins have a parent that would tell them?  If not ask your mom for one number and call them. If they are siblings or closer ask them to pass it on
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that OWK
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss @OurWildKingdom, thinking of you and your family today!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss OWK. 
  • Options
    So sorry OWK.  ((hugs))

• Options
    @OurWildKingdom, I'm so sorry to hear that ((hugs)).  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  I'd ask your mom if she has the phone numbers for those cousins and then call them, if she does.  If she doesn't, I'd send a PM to each of them and tell them the news.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker