Wedding Woes
Options

Morning?

We seem to be starting our posts later and later.

For all of your Serial listeners:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/31/arts/television/case-against-adnan-syed-dna-hbo-finale.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR1LWsHvOQb_k0w8WzK_dyaJW4cfJ_m2STzhR5r6XDi6fThE4qMzquTknEM.  Please note, I have no idea what it says, haven't listened to the show or anything.  Just sharing b/c I knew some would be interested.

Weekend was okay.  Saw "Us" in the theatre.  I very much enjoyed it and I'm not a horror fan.  Cleaned the apartment really well on Sunday.  Watched some TV, had dinner with a friend.  It was pretty low-key.  Tried to start a beading project, but I didn't buy the right thread to thread the smallest needle in the world.  K is going to go with me to help me pick it out since they've done beading before.

Anyone else?

Re: Morning?

• Options
    Anyone not see Us?  Lol.  We went to an 11 o’clock showing.  I think 2 sets of parents brought their kids.  One baby (that kept on crying) and one toddler who I also think knew what was going on and cried.  WHO ARE THESE PARENTS? Anyway when I walked out at 1:30 it occurred to me that I hadn’t been out that late on a Saturday night (or any night) in a LONG time. Sad.

sorry your feeling that way, @cupcait927, I’m sure its hard for you and what your feeling is normal. 

• Options
    Wait they took the baby/toddler to an 11PM showing???  WTF.  I was thinking 11am. I will never understand people taking their kids to movies like that - let alone that late.  w t f 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Wait they took the baby/toddler to an 11PM showing???  WTF.  I was thinking 11am. I will never understand people taking their kids to movies like that - let alone that late.  w t f 
    Yup.  11:00 pm.

• Options
    Shit, I forgot to record that last night! 

Weekend was good. Did a lot of spring cleaning. Also somehow hurt my neck and I'm in serious pain today. 
  • Options
    Anyone not see Us?  Lol.  We went to an 11 o’clock showing.  I think 2 sets of parents brought their kids.  One baby (that kept on crying) and one toddler who I also think knew what was going on and cried.  WHO ARE THESE PARENTS? Anyway when I walked out at 1:30 it occurred to me that I hadn’t been out that late on a Saturday night (or any night) in a LONG time. Sad.

sorry your feeling that way, @cupcait927, I’m sure its hard for you and what your feeling is normal. 
    I saw Us last weekend with my friends, and also had a baby in the theater! It was a 7:30 showing, but still. They also had another kid w/ them that looked to be maybe 10? 
  • Options
    Oh that's hard, cupcait. I'm sorry. 

I had an okay weekend. Had no motivation to do anything besides eat. Our nephew's first birthday was yesterday. He's such a cutie. My in-laws had to put their dog down, which was really sad. I made them cupcakes and I hope H brings them over tonight so we don't eat 'em.

The Stones cancelled their tour, which is really sad. I hope Mick is okay and selfishly, I hope I haven't already seen my last show. This was the tour where my sister and I could finally afford to go big. Also, shitty coincidence that the tour was cancelled like 4 days after I booked my flight in for the shows. Oh well. If that's my biggest problem, I'm doing pretty good.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I laid low and recuperated from all of last week's stress.  It was glorious, except I overdid it and totally screwed up my sleep schedule.

I haven't heard back from the seller on my counteroffer and am still in limbo on that.  They received it sometime on Friday.  In fact, they didn't even sign off on the contract I'm cancelling.  Which has nothing to consider and is just a formality.  So maybe they took the weekend off and didn't even look them (shrug).  If I still haven't heard anything by Tues., I'll contact my real estate agent for a status.

So far, a good and productive day at work.  I know I'm running on fumes, but it hasn't hit me yet, lol.

@ShesSoCold, I saw the Stones tour was cancelled!  Hopefully it's just postponed, but I'm sure this puts a lot of people into a kerfluffle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I’m sick. I did a long run Saturday (20 miles!) then went to see Rent with my cousin. It was an incredible performance! But I woke up yesterday a little tired and run down, and today I feel terrible. I went into the office but left an hour later. 

About to take a nap. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam & @climbingwife I really don't understand how people would think it was okay to bring kids to that movie. Luckily we went to a 12:20 showing on a Friday afternoon and it was literally me, H and four other people in the theater (all adults).

@ShesSoCold I thought about you when I heard that the Stones cancelled their tour! Are you able to get anything back on your flights or use the tickets for something else?
  • Options
    ((hugs)) cupcait. 

DefConn is back home.  I'm off work this week.  We're dog-sitting for FIL.  

I probably got the best sleep in a week+ last night.  I guess I really missed my kid.  ;) 

I saw the Adnan evidence.  I need to watch the last episode of the HBO documentary.  I may do that later today or tonight.  

Nothing really planned for this week.  I have a few appts and DH is off Thu/Fri.  The weather is going to be crap both days and we have to get FIL from the airport early afternoon Thu.  We wanted to go hiking Friday, but that's not looking likely.  
  • Options
    @CharmedPam & @climbingwife I really don't understand how people would think it was okay to bring kids to that movie. Luckily we went to a 12:20 showing on a Friday afternoon and it was literally me, H and four other people in the theater (all adults).

@ShesSoCold I thought about you when I heard that the Stones cancelled their tour! Are you able to get anything back on your flights or use the tickets for something else?
    I'm hoping they reschedule so I can just change my flight to whenever the new shows will be. Otherwise, I'd already thought about coming back in for a Bears game this season so I'll do that. Or I'm trying to talk my sister into meeting me in Denver for the Bears game there..

I just don't know if I have to pay a change fee or not. 

Man! Looks like H and I need to borrow a baby and head to the movies like everyone else!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I did not and will not be seeing Us.  I'm not a big movie person as it is, and if I can't make it through the commercial, I damn well am not sitting through the movie!

Weekend was good - H and I spent the entire thing together which is very rare (minus 2 hours yesterday when he went out for the MSU/Duke game.)

Our plan was to Uber to Ann Arbor or Detroit for a big night out Saturday - instead we happy houred from 5 pm - 12am Friday and took Saturday easy.  I was going to use the H break yesterday to catch up on some work but wasn't feeling well so I didn't and that means today is a shit show to rival all shit shows in terms of what I have to get done.  And it's Monday so the motivation factor is wavering.

Cupcait, sorry you're hurting:(.  We have a good friend doing IUI right now and another couple in that friend group had their baby Saturday.  Friend 1 asked me to send pics and updates, so I did, but I know shes struggling between her happiness for them and sadness for herself.  It's gotta be so hard.
  • Options
    I'm hoping they reschedule so I can just change my flight to whenever the new shows will be. Otherwise, I'd already thought about coming back in for a Bears game this season so I'll do that. Or I'm trying to talk my sister into meeting me in Denver for the Bears game there..

I just don't know if I have to pay a change fee or not. 

Man! Looks like H and I need to borrow a baby and head to the movies like everyone else!
    Oh.  You mean you were going to late night horror movies WITHOUT kids?  You’re doing it wrong.:smile:

Did The Stones annouce this today? It’s April 1st.  Don’t believe anything you read today...

• Options
    The Stones announced it yesterday morning, I believe. They already pulled out of a Jazz Fest too. 
  • Options
    I’m sorry you’re hurting @cupcait927

And I’m sorry your neck hurts @climbingwife
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I am so sorry cupcait. That has to be terribly hard.

Nothing much over the weekend.  Pretty much every soccer game across central Ohio was cancelled.  M2 had a BLAST with my parents. DH bought the heaviest table and chairs for the patio so I helped him lug it all over creation.  Saturday he took Max to the start of the Crew game, but they bailed at the weather delay.  Holy crap was that a wet, wet, wet field. 

I made the kids a shitton of snacks.  We are about to enter the craziest of times for our household.  I'm really just trying to focus one day at a time, but the schedule is looming.  This weekend we have 7 soccer and 1 lacrosse game. 

• Options
    The Stones announced it yesterday morning, I believe. They already pulled out of a Jazz Fest too. 
    Yep, that would be the one that is about two blocks from my house, lol.

I believe for the rest of the tour, fans can either get their money back or hold on to the tickets for when the shows are rescheduled.

But Jazz Fest (JF) is its own problem.  Because the Stones tickets, which were much higher than the other JF days, also included entrance to JF for that day where dozens of other bands/people are performing.

They're still trying to figure out what to do.  Give a full refund for anyone that wants to totally back out of that day?  Or a partial refund for anyone still going that day?  Get an equally fantastic, in-demand performer to be the headliner (I'd think unlikely at this late stage)?

Plus, I'm sure there were a lot of people who picked this year to travel to NOLA JF, just because of the Stones.  So now they're a bit SOL.  Though JF is still a great time and has other top headliners for the rest of the weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally would think it's silly to skip all of JF if you planning on going for The Stones. There's still a ton of good music, AND late night shows. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @ShesSoCold

TK is giving me some trouble...took me a couple of hours to log in and I can't "love" anyone's comments.  Productive/with-room-for-some-down time weekend, now a pretty normal day at work.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Okay yeah super-glitchy day for me..only part of my post ^ went through and it won't let me edit.  *hugs* @cupcait, feel better soon @climbingwife and @charlotte989875 and hope you can transfer your flight with ease SSC
  • Options
    Weird, Eileen! I didn't find you in the spam queue where everyone else has been trapped. I'll check again, though!

I totally agree about Jazz Fest and that one would miss a lot if they skipped it because of the Stones. But, OTOH, for a Stones nutbag like me, if I were coming in from OOT for it, I would personally cancel the trip and save that money for whenever I COULD see the Stones, regardless of what other bands wouldn't be there. 

You and your nutso schedule are in my T&P, 6. :) 
  • Options
    OOM- it is normal for people to have their small children out late here, even in horror movies. It is bananas. I often have young kids, 5-7, in my 8pm horse riding class. Idk how they do it but it is normal for them.

We are in a taxi on the way to the airport. The baby has not been sleeping well the last 4 nights, I am exhausted and nervous. Send all your T&Ps that we have an easy flight. I just don’t want him to cry the whole way but if I could get a couple hours of sleep, that would be great.
  • Options
    I feel like if your kid is so young that they're in the 'sleep through anything and have no clock' phase I don't care if they're in a movie.   But know that if your kid fusses you need to GTFO.     That kind of stops at the 4 or 5 mo mark.  I never took my kids to movies at that age but knew people who did.

But toddlers or kids who actually can get scared?  Nope.   
  • Options
    6fsn said:

I am so sorry cupcait. That has to be terribly hard.

Nothing much over the weekend.  Pretty much every soccer game across central Ohio was cancelled.  M2 had a BLAST with my parents. DH bought the heaviest table and chairs for the patio so I helped him lug it all over creation.  Saturday he took Max to the start of the Crew game, but they bailed at the weather delay.  Holy crap was that a wet, wet, wet field. 

I made the kids a shitton of snacks.  We are about to enter the craziest of times for our household.  I'm really just trying to focus one day at a time, but the schedule is looming.  This weekend we have 7 soccer and 1 lacrosse game. 

We watched that game; it was a mess! I'm amazed that none of the players got injured with how they were sliding around. 
  • Options
    *Hugs* @cupcait927

Feel better @charlotte989875

I hope you get everything sorted out @ShesSoCold

I also don't understand when people bring their kids to inappropriate movies or times. I am home writing papers today. I had the worst week at work a few days ago. I got into it with my manager and ended up filing a grievance. I don't like confrontation but I also will stand up for myself. I just feel sick about it, for a job I already dread. And I have to see her this week at work again. I just want to go in, do my job under the radar, and go home. Hard to do when your manager micro-micro-manages. People are at their breaking point. 

Something weird is happening with TK. My posts are getting eaten while I'm still typing and then I had a "cloud server time out" notification take over my screen for the site. I don't think I'm in posting purgatory though? 

• Options
    The notification I keep getting 

• Options
    I just checked purgatory and didn't see you there either, Levi! 

Maybe TK installed a new glitch since someone figured out the last one. 
  • Options
    Sending you lots of hugs, @cupcait927!

I remember hearing from someone in my family (can’t recall who) that my parents took me to a screening of “The Exorcist” when I was less than a year old because the babysitter fell through and all my grandparents were busy. According to my mom, I slept the whole time.

Well, my day started by finding out that the VA system ate DW’s check. Supposedly the glitch is fixed and she’ll get a replacement early next week. I get paid on Friday, fortunately. Ridiculous day at work that ended with me getting called the “R-word” and hung up on because I wouldn’t give someone the information they wanted. Then DW and I had an argument about walking the dogs, Mutt and Lady got into a skirmish while they were eating dinner, and I slipped on some water that I thought I’d mopped up and ended up doing a split on the kitchen floor. DW and I made up, and I decided it was a good idea to change into my pajamas and curl up with a book. Best decision I’ve made all day. 
  • Options
    When I was about 7, my dad I were watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes on tv.  My sister, who was barely 4, came to join us.  My mom kept warning my dad not to let her watch it, but he said she was fine.

And she didn't seem scared while she watched it.  Though she did keep asking, "Why are the 'matos killing the people?"

But she had a few nightmares and wouldn't eat tomatoes for weeks, lol.  My mom got to say, "I told you so."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker