Wedding Woes

LW, either put up, shut up, or follow through.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2019 in Wedding Woes

Dear Prudence,

I’ve been arguing with my boyfriend of a year over the state of his bathroom since we’ve been dating. I’m grossed out by it. He doesn’t seem to mind that there are always beard trimmings on the surfaces where I like to put my makeup on in the morning, a floor I can’t step on with bare feet, and stray pubic hairs and stains in the toilet. He argues that he’s not the only one who uses that bathroom and his roommate is the main cause of the mess. I don’t doubt this because my boyfriend’s room is always clean, and the rest of the house isn’t too bad either, but his roommate is like a tornado. My boyfriend doesn’t want to be the one cleaning up someone else’s mess, which I get. I also understand that it’s a dingy old house, so to some extent it will never be truly clean. But that doesn’t change the fact that someone should be cleaning the bathroom at least, say, once a month.

This has been at a stalemate for a while now. He’ll say I barely spend the night at his place (which is true), and I’ll ask when the last time he cleaned the bathroom was, and he’ll just roll his eyes. I’m seriously considering just not coming over to his place until he does it. I’ve threatened that before but never really followed through. We’re both fed up with this situation.

—Dirty Bathroom

Re: LW, either put up, shut up, or follow through.

• Oh FFS. You need bigger problems, LW.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • This is so stupid.  Do your makeup in the bedroom if his room is always clean and only use the bathroom when you have to.  Or spend the night at your place. 
  • Ewww. Roommate and LW’sBF should split the cost of a cleaner.
  • Side note: Who only cleans their bathroom once a month? That ring around the toilet bowl is not a battle I want to fight.
  • edited April 2019
    Ick on cleaning a bathroom once a month, especially one that mostly dudes are using. 

Why can't her boyfriend just clean it? He's using the bathroom too. It seems so childish. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Side note: Who only cleans their bathroom once a month? That ring around the toilet bowl is not a battle I want to fight.
    This was my biggest takeaway from this letter too.  If I didn't scrub my bathroom once a week it'd look like one of those highway rest stops.
  • Oh I dated this guy! And dumped him because he was lazy and gross. 
  • Looks like you may have dated his roommate @STARMOON44.  It’s aaaaaaaall him.

• banana468 said:
    Oh I dated this guy! And dumped him because he was lazy and gross. 
    I dated him too.  But we broke up when I found out my friends kept falling onto his penis.
    Did they slip on the grime on the bathroom floor? Hate it when that happens. 
    Somehow the carpeted bedroom was slipperier. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I dated him too.  But we broke up when I found out my friends kept falling onto his penis.
    I hope you also gave the boot to your "klutzy" friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    I hope you also gave the boot to your "klutzy" friends.
    Ha!  Yup.  I no longer speak to any of them.