Attire & Accessories Forum

Revelry Bridesmaids Dress: terrible customer service experience

I have had the worst day trying to work with Revelry, which is an online direct to consumer bridesmaids store. They say that they dresses are “made to order” but they are terrible quality. The side seam on my dress is puckered in multiple places, which makes it look like I have little tumors up and down my side. The dress fits fine otherwise and zipped easily…so it is not that I am too curvy for this dress…it’s the quality of the dress. When I expressed my concern, Revelry blamed my body and suggested that I get it altered to “properly hug my hips”. Um…. a dress that cost $210 should already do so!!!! Instead of offering me a refund, they offered me a 50% refund if I send the dress back. aka I would have no dress to wear. They also offered me samples to wear (no telling what condition they are in): but the samples were all petites (I am 5’7″) and 8x my size. This is the worst customer service I have ever received and I implore all of you to look elsewhere! Your maids can spend only $30 extra dollars and get beautiful designer gowns…or they can go to Express and spend $30 on a dress that is better quality than the one I received from Revelry.

Re: Revelry Bridesmaids Dress: terrible customer service experience

• I have had the worst day trying to work with Revelry, which is an online direct to consumer bridesmaids store. They say that they dresses are “made to order” but they are terrible quality. The side seam on my dress is puckered in multiple places, which makes it look like I have little tumors up and down my side. The dress fits fine otherwise and zipped easily…so it is not that I am too curvy for this dress…it’s the quality of the dress. When I expressed my concern, Revelry blamed my body and suggested that I get it altered to “properly hug my hips”. Um…. a dress that cost $210 should already do so!!!! Instead of offering me a refund, they offered me a 50% refund if I send the dress back. aka I would have no dress to wear. They also offered me samples to wear (no telling what condition they are in): but the samples were all petites (I am 5’7″) and 8x my size. This is the worst customer service I have ever received and I implore all of you to look elsewhere! Your maids can spend only $30 extra dollars and get beautiful designer gowns…or they can go to Express and spend $30 on a dress that is better quality than the one I received from Revelry.
    I'm sorry you had this experience.  Did you seek out reviews?  I checked their Facebook page.  There is not one review on a company that established that page in 2011.  That alone is concerning.  The few reviews I found were either as dissatisfied as you or were clones of the same glowing praise of one associate, which reads suspiciously to me.

Did you order sample dresses?  Did you review their exchange/return policy prior to ordering your dress?  Honestly, I might be tempted to order through an online company to save money, but at $210, I'd be shopping with a reputable company.
  • For $210, I'd be walking out of David's with a fully altered dress in my plus size or work with a company that does have a reasonable reputation in the direct formalwear sales online (I've worked with a couple with success, but my expectations were also in check).  It honestly sounds like you'd be better off financially to take it into a local seamstress and have them resew the side seam and that likely would have been my reaction to a dress like that and stop stressing about it.  It's a catch 22 ordering online, one has to be prepared that the returns policy doesn't exist with companies like that, OTOH, you've also got to be a savvy shopper.  Also, with formalwear even if "sewn to size" one can still expect that there may be alterations needed in the end.  Just take it in to a good local formalwear seamstress and let them work their magic.  

This type of thing happens when there is mass production involved..  I was at Nordstrom's looking at suits and there were rather expensive suit coordinates that had the exact issue you mentioned.  I pointed it out to the staff and they sent it with their alterations people to fix (it simply needed to be resewn), but I purchased a different one of the same item that was sewn properly.  It will all work out in the end, either you take the 50% hit and reorder a new one or you go to the local seamstress and realize "never order from this company ever again!"...
  • I realize it's frustrating, but I think formal wear often needs tweaks.  At this point, I think you're best bet is to talk to a local seamstress.  It sounds like it would be (and hopefully is) a fairly simple fix for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker