Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

What’s shaking on this fine Tuesday?

i’m still trying to perfect my low carb keto cookie. Apparently lupin flour is also a good ingredient in the keto world but my last batch didn’t have enough in it so tonight I’m going to try out some new mixes.

That’s all I got.  That, and the fact that this made me chuckle during my facebook scroll today. 

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    That made me giggle. 

Had dinner out with a friend who was only in town one night and I stayed out much bast my bedtime! I’m a little sleepy but still got up to get to the gym. I was able to walk 2 miles but didn’t try running. I’m feeling a lot better than yesterday so I’m hopeful for Sunday. 

Not much tonight, hopefully getting to bed early!
  • Options
    OMG, I royally, royally eff'ed up this morning.  I accidentally took two shots of my NPH insulin, ie twice as much.  It's a long acting insulin, as opposed to the short acting one I take before meals, that keeps a base rate of insulin chugging for 12-16 hours.

I'm worried about how it will affect me throughout the day, but not much I can do about it now.  I set up reminders in my work calendar to remind me to check my blood sugar every hour this afternoon.  I'm going to stock up on Cokes during lunch, so they're handy.

That's about my excitement for the day (sigh).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no, S&S I hope you’re okay today!  

Day two of unemployment. Should probably start packing since we have to be out of the house a week from tomorrow. We’re meeting some friends for drinks tonight and will probably run errands until then. Gotta get my old navy on before I don’t have one nearby. :(
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I am loving that the more money a company has the less organized they are.   It makes for scrambling in my job.

Here's a question for ladies - if your spouse goes out does he tell you what time he thinks he's going to be home?    If it's a late night does he ballpark it? 

DH went to the auto show yesterday in NYC.   It's a long day and he heads down in the AM and I knew not to expect him for dinner.  Getting him to tell me what time he'd be home was like trying to get a cow to cross the road.    I asked him at 10 if I should wait up or head to bed and his answer was, "Don't wait up." 

At 1 AM he came home.   I don't care that he came home at 1.   I care that at no point in the day did he say, "Hey - probably will be home between midnight and 2 AM." 

I went to bed at 10:45, woke up an hour later and he wasn't home and stewed.   

I don't think there's a conversation to be had with him.   Of our issues, this is one of the ones that is just a pattern that repeats but it's maybe 1-2 times a year.

• Options
    banana468 said:
    I am loving that the more money a company has the less organized they are.   It makes for scrambling in my job.

Here's a question for ladies - if your spouse goes out does he tell you what time he thinks he's going to be home?    If it's a late night does he ballpark it? 

DH went to the auto show yesterday in NYC.   It's a long day and he heads down in the AM and I knew not to expect him for dinner.  Getting him to tell me what time he'd be home was like trying to get a cow to cross the road.    I asked him at 10 if I should wait up or head to bed and his answer was, "Don't wait up." 

At 1 AM he came home.   I don't care that he came home at 1.   I care that at no point in the day did he say, "Hey - probably will be home between midnight and 2 AM." 

I don't think there's a conversation to be had with him.   Of our issues, this is one of the ones that is just a pattern that repeats but it's maybe 1-2 times a year.

We do estimates; as in “probably will be a late night, don’t expect me by the time you go to bed” or “probably around 10 or 11” and we update if it will be significantly earlier/later. 

I do get annoyed when I have no idea when he’s coming/going (and that rarely happens). 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

We do estimates; as in “probably will be a late night, don’t expect me by the time you go to bed” or “probably around 10 or 11” and we update if it will be significantly earlier/later. 

I do get annoyed when I have no idea when he’s coming/going (and that rarely happens). 
    That's sort of what I thought.   I wanted to say, "Dude - this isn't a curfew but as your partner in this house telling me 'late' is kind of a dick time table when you're two hours away.   Even when I texted him at 10 a simple, "I haven't left NYC yet so it's going to be after midnight" tells me something more than "Don't wait up."  

It isn't about the time that he came home.   It's the arrogance that he thinks he doesn't need to tell me. 
  • Options
    Oh no S+S.  You're not on a pump, are you?  I hope you don't have too rough a day.  

Ugh, Banana.  I've had that issue with DH a few times.  It's been awhile since it came up, but it's annoying as a champion worrywart and naturally anxious person.  It's like, "Bro, I'm not trying to control you...but I like my sleep.  Just tell me a window." 

Happy anniversary to the 6's and to my sister/BIL.

I am starting to get into prep mode for vacation.  I tried on a bunch of stuff last night.  Still waiting for a finalized itinerary of 'events' we'll have going on.  My friend and I were kvetching over FB messenger about how we just don't want to look like 'midwest moms'. LOL

I watched the Brene Brown special on Netflix last night and finished it this morning.  I was skeptical (since it is TED talk/self-helpy), but she's funny and engaging.  Nothing she says is really revolutionary for someone in therapy, but there were some key things that resonated. 

Pretty much SSDD otherwise.  
  • Options
    banana468 said:

For me, it would be in the category of mildly annoying, at best.  I even lump in if we're both at home and he goes to bed without telling me.  Because sometimes it affects my DVR choice of what show I'm playing next, lol.

In the scenario you described, I don't think it would bother me at all.  Though I could understand why it would be upsetting for others.  I more find it annoying if there are things I want to do during the day, like on a weekend, and I don't know when he's coming home.  Plus, when he's out doing construction/landscaping projects, he wears headphones and it could be a long time before he realizes I had texted/called him for an ETA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I would be upset if DH did that. It's not about trusting him or needing him home by a particular time, but I need to know at what point something is amiss and I should worry. 

Normally if we're out in the evening apart, we'll give a ballpark time to be expected, and then send a text if it's going to vary. It's usually me who is staying out later than expected, and I don't want him to worry. 
  • Options
    I appreciate the multiple viewpoints.

I also know that I have an overbearing MIL and I think some of his push back is from years of dealing with her.

But I think you summed it up well @mrsconn23.   I want to know when I roll over and wake up to pee if I should be alarmed that the bed is empty because he's later than I thought or if he's just late and that's expected because he's on a bro-tabulous day looking at cars and hanging out with his buddies.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh no S+S.  You're not on a pump, are you?  I hope you don't have too rough a day.  

Ugh, Banana.  I've had that issue with DH a few times.  It's been awhile since it came up, but it's annoying as a champion worrywart and naturally anxious person.  It's like, "Bro, I'm not trying to control you...but I like my sleep.  Just tell me a window." 

Happy anniversary to the 6's and to my sister/BIL.

I am starting to get into prep mode for vacation.  I tried on a bunch of stuff last night.  Still waiting for a finalized itinerary of 'events' we'll have going on.  My friend and I were kvetching over FB messenger about how we just don't want to look like 'midwest moms'. LOL

I watched the Brene Brown special on Netflix last night and finished it this morning.  I was skeptical (since it is TED talk/self-helpy), but she's funny and engaging.  Nothing she says is really revolutionary for someone in therapy, but there were some key things that resonated. 

Pretty much SSDD otherwise.  
    Thanks!  No, I'm not on a pump.  I was many years ago and didn't care for it.  Plus, nowadays, unless a person has good insurance (I don't) the supplies and insulin for them are way too spendy.  I don't have a continuous glucose monitor (CGM)yet either (also way too spendy).    Though one of those would sure be handy today, lol.  As an aside, I heard the relatively new Freestyle Libre CGM has a price low enough for us mere mortals to afford.  My endo gave me a prescription for one at my last appointment.  I still need to check it out.

I take an NPH shot, like the old fashioned kind out of a vial, in the morning and one before I go to bed.  I use the fast acting kind from a pen (Humalog Kwikpen) before each meal.

When my H and I were in Panama City over the weekend, it was chilly on a couple days (highs in the low 60s) and windy.  Most people, even on the beach, were wearing light clothes instead of swimsuits.  We decided the few that were wearing swimsuits anyway MUST be from the Midwest or North, lol.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2019
    That would annoy me too, @banana468.  H comes in at all hrs of the night because of his job, but I don’t see why your H couldn't text at 10, like you said “haven’t even left the city yet” so it gives you a rough idea.

@short+sassy that sucks!  Hopefully you can keep an eye on it.  I have the libre too and let me tell you, if you do a lot with your arms (I weight lift) it does loosen up some.  My first one fell off walking around doing nothing. I cant return the other two so I bought some taps that should help it stick - I should really get back to testing it since I have all the equipment 

have a great unemployed week @shessocold

Edit:words

• Options
    K is more like you guys and it rubs me all the way around the wrong way.  IDK, i get what everyone is saying, but after the "I'll be home late," I don't expect to have to check in again.  Late is late and I said what I said (to be a little sassy).  If I had said, "I'll be home at 5," then yeah, I'll F/U text.

It's gross and chilly again and I'm not ready for it.  Work is handing me my butt lately and I'm struggling to keep up.  So, we're going for Mexican for lunch today.  :D  Other than that, SSDD.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

That's sort of what I thought.   I wanted to say, "Dude - this isn't a curfew but as your partner in this house telling me 'late' is kind of a dick time table when you're two hours away.   Even when I texted him at 10 a simple, "I haven't left NYC yet so it's going to be after midnight" tells me something more than "Don't wait up."  

It isn't about the time that he came home.   It's the arrogance that he thinks he doesn't need to tell me. 

We typically give a ballpark time and then will check in when we're leaving wherever we are. 

I would definitely have been annoyed as well, but not something I would likely make a big deal about!

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    K is more like you guys and it rubs me all the way around the wrong way.  IDK, i get what everyone is saying, but after the "I'll be home late," I don't expect to have to check in again.  Late is late and I said what I said (to be a little sassy).  If I had said, "I'll be home at 5," then yeah, I'll F/U text.

It's gross and chilly again and I'm not ready for it.  Work is handing me my butt lately and I'm struggling to keep up.  So, we're going for Mexican for lunch today.  :D  Other than that, SSDD.
    I appreciate this view as well.

My H is a decent dude and I have to remind myself that this isn't black and white so while I fester plenty of people don't follow the same philosophy.    

And NOTHING is accomplished when I'm passive/aggressive yet it's one of my favorite things. :-)
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise, taking insulin is such an automatic, unthinking part of my day that I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.  But it's super rare I do.  I've done it a handful of times with my fast acting insulin, but that is different because it only stays in my system for about 4 hours, as opposed to 12ish hours.  I did it once that I can remember with this longer acting one, but that was for my night time shot.  Which super sucked because I had to set my alarm to wake me up multiple times, so I could check my blood sugar and make sure I was okay.

I can make an educated guess as to what to expect.  It takes a few hours to hit its peak but, once it does, I think it will be a constant 1-2 hour window of my blood sugar heading low.  I take a bunch of sugary stuff, ie drink a Coke, followed with a bit of protein (yay, I happen to have cheese sticks in the work fridge).  Get leveled back out for awhile.  And then it starts to drop again.  I'm also cutting in half my fast acting insulin with my lunch today.

In a nutshell, Type I diabetes is always a balancing act with blood sugar levels.  I just unfortunately threw myself a major curve ball this morning that I now need to take into account.  Having a higher blood sugar level for the immediate short term is NBD, which is why that is the side I'm erring on today, but high average blood sugar levels are bad in the long term.  Whereas, low blood sugar is dangerous in the short term.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2019
    S+S have you had any movement from the job you interviewed for? I missed a couple days on here so not sure if I missed an update

Edit: nevermind just read yesterday's thread. Booo
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Apparently 14 years anniversary gift is- I cut the grass. At least his allergies will thank me. 

Im having a rough week and it’s only getting worse. 
  • Options
    That would annoy me too, @banana468.  H comes in at all hrs of the night because of his job, but I don’t see why your H couldn't text at 10, like you said “haven’t even left the city yet” so it gives you a rough idea.

@short+sassy that sucks!  Hopefully you can keep an eye on it.  I have the libre too and let me tell you, if you do a lot with your arms (I weight lift) it does loosen up some.  My first one fell off walking around doing nothing. I cant return the other two so I bought some taps that should help it stick - I should really get back to testing it since I have all the equipment 

have a great unemployed week @shessocold

Edit:words
    Do you happen to know roughly the retail cost of all the "stuff" for it?  I guess the sensors?

I found online, though the prices are from Dec. 2017, that the one-time purchase price of the device is around $70-$100.  And each 10-day sensor is $36-$60.  Does that sound in the ballpark, @CharmedPam?  That would finally make one of these affordable for me.

My friend has a CGM, forget which one, and just her monthly supplies for it are $700/month.  No indeed!  Yeesh.  But then, she just has a copay, whereas I have one of those high deductible plans where I have to pay for everything until I hit something like $4K.  And then I get a "break" (lol) and pay 20% until I hit the out-of-pocket max.

As an aside, my friend was really excited after first using hers.  She couldn't believe how informative it was.  She started going crazy experimenting with all kinds of different foods to watch how it affected her blood sugars.  Powerful info for better management.

Does it do anything, like make a warning noise, if it senses a blood sugar level that is either too low or too high?  That would be extra helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy, it doesn’t make any alert if low or high. I’m sure technology will get there though! 

Your pricing sounds right.  I know one device and 3 sensors were $100 for me with insurance.  I think I paid $10/sensor so retail price would be around 36-60 ballpark.  I didnt save that much on the device - but it was something at least!

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Oh no, hope you're feeling okay @short+sassy and sorry about the job (read yesterday's thread but couldn't get to a computer to respond.  And still can't "love" things or post from my phone.  @charlotte989875 glad your injury is better.
    H used to do that all the time @banana468.  At least a couple nights a week, back when he was drinking.  (Not comparing your H who sounds like a great guy to mine!)  But yeah "late" meant 1am some nights, 3 others...4:30...especially bc he works a few nights a week in a perfect world the nights he wasn't working he was just asleep in bed next to me.  I'm on team "yes you're right to be irked".
    Kids and I are having a nice break.  Bronx Zoo yesterday, beach today, plenty of playground time...Easter was very nice too :)
  • Options
    @short+sassy, it doesn’t make any alert if low or high. I’m sure technology will get there though! 

Your pricing sounds right.  I know one device and 3 sensors were $100 for me with insurance.  I think I paid $10/sensor so retail price would be around 36-60 ballpark.  I didnt save that much on the device - but it was something at least!
    Thanks!  My friend's does, but I know the Libre is a lot more basic.  For a mere fraction of the cost, I'm not complaining!  Still, it seems like that would be a simple tweak.  But I could be wrong.  I might work for an engineering firm, but I don't even play one on tv, lol.

@eileenrob, my H and I have seen every episode of that Animal Planet show ("The Zoo") that features the Bronx Zoo.  It looks like a great zoo and I'm jealous!

Speaking of AP shows, I've been wanting to go on a tour of the Villalobos Rescue Center ("Pitbulls and Parolees").  They moved from CA to NOLA about 10ish years ago.  Though it's $100/person!  Ouch.  I would never pay something like that if it was a for-profit business.  But they're a charitable organization that helps animals, a subject near and dear to my heart, and the tour money they take in is one of their sources of income for their mission.  So that at least makes it somewhat palatable for me.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes!  The day turned out to be not nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be, phew.

My blood sugar stayed at a pretty decent level all afternoon.  I only needed to drink one Coke and caught it while it was heading down, but not crazy low.  Still have about 4ish hours to go before the shot this morning is out of my system.  But I'm past the peak, heading home, and will be having dinner soon anyway.

Hope you all have a good evening also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker