Chit Chat
Options

Why exactly does her husband have to pay for this?

Lordy!  Perhaps when planning this trip, some thoughts should have clued her in?
"Why are hotel rates so high the week we are considering?"
"Perhaps I should google "around town events" the weekends we are considering".
"Nashville is exclusively a bachelorette destination, correct?"

https://wgntv.com/2019/04/26/nashville-bachelorettes-upset-about-nfl-draft-invading-their-space/?fbclid=IwAR1_-o02U1wc6FPC39cHapulx2FKztB6_1EB2nFq5nqsnIlsjO89k3Jco1M

Re: Why exactly does her husband have to pay for this?

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Okay I'm really amused by the quoting of BP's as a whole person.
    "If we have to wait two hours for an Uber we'll do it", one bridal party said :D

I'm used to the entitlement at this point (not that I think it's okay) but I am surprised at not knowing what else is going on in a place you're traveling to.  I'm in the early stages of planning a Disney vacation for my family, and I can tell you exactly when in 2020 the marathons/national cheer competitions/ProBowl/Food Festivals etc. will be there.
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Okay I'm really amused by the quoting of BP's as a whole person.
    "If we have to wait two hours for an Uber we'll do it", one bridal party said :D

I'm used to the entitlement at this point (not that I think it's okay) but I am surprised at not knowing what else is going on in a place you're traveling to.  I'm in the early stages of planning a Disney vacation for my family, and I can tell you exactly when in 2020 the marathons/national cheer competitions/ProBowl/Food Festivals etc. will be there.
    From having frequented Florida enough times in the past several years, the rule is "Never go during season, and if you are there during season, Tuesday-Thursday are your days to do the things, the rest are plan minimal!"..
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    Lordy!  Perhaps when planning this trip, some thoughts should have clued her in?
    "Why are hotel rates so high the week we are considering?"
    "Perhaps I should google "around town events" the weekends we are considering".
    "Nashville is exclusively a bachelorette destination, correct?"

https://wgntv.com/2019/04/26/nashville-bachelorettes-upset-about-nfl-draft-invading-their-space/?fbclid=IwAR1_-o02U1wc6FPC39cHapulx2FKztB6_1EB2nFq5nqsnIlsjO89k3Jco1M
    Lol, I made a similar comment over on WW.

And Nashville is adorable they think they are the Bachelorette Party capital.  Obviously that's New Orleans...and Bachelor Parties too ;).  (whisper: okay, maybe Las Vegas. Maybe.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd love to know the average ages of the bachelorettes.   

When I was younger, I didn't think to look into all of this.   It wasn't a factor when planning anything and I figured that a city was big enough to fit us all.   If some of these bachelorettes are in their young 20s and this is their first foray into planning I'm wondering if they did a lot of searching about average rates and events that weekend.     
  • Options
    banana468 said:

When I was younger, I didn't think to look into all of this.   It wasn't a factor when planning anything and I figured that a city was big enough to fit us all.   If some of these bachelorettes are in their young 20s and this is their first foray into planning I'm wondering if they did a lot of searching about average rates and events that weekend.     
    I'm also going to add - now I'll search and see what's going on in locations.   But before I started to travel more I'd pretty much only rule out NYC on NYE or New Orleans for Mardi Gras.   

But I also rolled my eyes HARD when my aunt planned my grandmother's funeral for the Friday of Labor Day weekend knowing that the funeral was in Fairfield County CT and I live in New London County, had overnight company that was staying at my house and shore traffic made my drive home an extra forty minutes.     I still tilt my head and wonder if she was so grief stricken that all sense of intelligence went out the window. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Fair enough.  What I don't understand is how it is her husband that has to pay the price for their inconvenient weekend.  Do all men know when and where the draft occurs every year?  Is it incumbent on them to inform their wives of such things?
    I can guarantee that my SIL would have ZERO clue about anything related to the NFL draft!
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    banana468 said:

Fair enough.  What I don't understand is how it is her husband that has to pay the price for their inconvenient weekend.  Do all men know when and where the draft occurs every year?  Is it incumbent on them to inform their wives of such things?
    I can guarantee that my SIL would have ZERO clue about anything related to the NFL draft!
    Oh I agree with you there.   It's only DH to pay if he suggested Nashville during that weekend knowing he knew what was going on.  Otherwise this is a life lesson.  

Now that I'm older I know better than to plan a long weekend in February to Daytona two weeks after the Superbowl.  Things I never thought of until I married a car lover.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    MobKaz said:
    banana468 said:

Oh I agree with you there.   It's only DH to pay if he suggested Nashville during that weekend knowing he knew what was going on.  Otherwise this is a life lesson.  

Now that I'm older I know better than to plan a long weekend in February to Daytona two weeks after the Superbowl.  Things I never thought of until I married a car lover.
    I actually read that particular line as more of a joke.  That she's so turned off by football after the Draft weekend, she doesn't want to watch any games this year.  So, he's paying the price because she's not going to watch games with him, like she usually does.  And not an inference either that he did anything wrong.  Just that she's already sick of football.

With that said, I read the article yesterday and it's possible I read that part wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker