Wedding Woes
Options

Only Thursday

I’m back to work and it’s terrible. Okay I’m being hyperbolic because vacation is great and working is less great than vacation.

But were leaving early for a co-workers going away happy hour today and tomorrow is early release because of the holiday. I guess I can make it through but I’ll really miss mid day nap time.   

Re: Only Thursday

• Options
    Oh poor, poor @charlotte989875.   T+P's for surviving the next day and a half.  ;)

I have to work Saturday, womp, womp.  However, next week will feel even shorter since I'll be off Monday and Wednesday.  We have a lot of stuff to do between stuff around our house, DH helping FIL with his house, and my sisters and I are kicking off party planning for my mom's 60th in July.  And we have a dinner at my sister's on Saturday.  Plus, DH's great aunt's husband died yesterday and we are waiting for information on when services will take place.  At the very least, DH will go to the wake. 

Reading over Prudie right now.  
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I've been so confused on what day it is all week. 

Office construction is done and moving to our new spots Friday/Tuesday. We are moving to awful open floor plan nonsense and the desk space is MUCH smaller. Plus I have the largest cubicle in the office so it is extra downsizing for me. We will probably have early release tomorrow and I'll be getting in late due to a Dr appt so need to get most of it done today. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, sorry to hear about the death in your DH's family.

My day started with no cream for the coffee in the break room.  I debated drinking it black.  But I just can't.  So I took a 5+ minute trek over to our other building and grabbed a few, lol.

Harrah's started sending me free gift offers and free slot play again.  They had a nice pullover windbreaker last night...ummm, just in time for 95+ degrees summer? lol...but I went anyway and threw it in my closet for fall/winter.  Even better, I turned my $10 free slot play into $200 cash, along with having fun playing video poker for a few hours.  I think that's the first time I've been there in a few months.  They have a soft-sided cooler backpack gift coming up on Monday.

They also had a new, nifty device!  Though, maybe also a little scary, lol.  I needed to get another player's card because mine had expired in Jan.  In the past, I'd go to the Total Rewards center and have one of the reps print me a couple new cards.  But, this time, they had a machine near that area that will print players cards for you.  I inserted my driver's license and it printed my player's card.  Whoa!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 have you seen/read the comic Hyperbole and a Half? Lol made me think of it ...

We got cat heads and cat ears cut last night! Took just under an hour because we have 1 pair of scissors *eye roll* but while M cut cat ears, I traced the cat heads and started tidying off the table and trunk.

My over whelmed meltdown started yesterday - triggered by the friggen bus being late a.f
    Anyways .... it's all figured out and it's gonna still be crazy busy but we have a plan and that should help.
  • Options

We are having some crazy thunderstorms just in time for rush hour tonight.  Hope they can hold off just long enough until I get home.  DD and H should already be home by the time they come in.

Not much tonight.  Billy Joel is tomorrow and I'm driving.  I may need to run out to BJs tonight to get gas, but I'm hoping there is still half a tank or so.  That would be more than enough, but its probably not likely!

Not much else going on.  I have a dumb project I'm working on that I don't want to do!  But at least having OCR'd PDFs is making it easy!

• Options
    I'm soooooooooo ready for the end of this week.  I think floating is definitely off the table after last night's storms, but it'll be nice just to be home too.

I don't have much of anything.  I went out for 2 drinks last night with a friend.  When I got home, I went to sleep.  Apparently I was asleep so hard that K had to basically yell at me to wake me up when they got home.  I also slept hard all last night.  I'm not sure why, really.

SSDD otherwise.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam I've kinda given up on perfection, but I'm still trying to pan out the image I have in my head .... part of it is also baby proofing stuff that she's recently started getting into

@VarunaTT I've had that. Overtired was my reasoning.

@OliveOilsMom SING US A SONG PIANO MANNNN!!!!
  • Options
    I'm crossing my fingers that the storms miss us tonight.   The kiddos have swim lessons and I don't want to get soaked running through the parking lot of the HS. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2019
    So our power went out and we’re all sitting around doing nothing.  At 11:30 my boss hands us his credit card (company one) and tells us to go out for lunch. 
    Very nice to get out.  Food was decent.  Way over priced.  And I could have done with better company.  LOl.  God I hate my coworkers.

H was on his way to drive up my anchor to me because I had 26% battery life left but right as we left the power went on again.  Boss told us his offer still stands so we ran out to lunch!

• Options
    DH and I spend the morning in the ER because he was having symptoms that were pointing to a blood clot in his left calf.  Tests were negative for a DVT so that's good.  It was felt he may have cellulitis so they did prescribe an antibiotic.  It was extra interesting this morning because there was an Active Shooter Drill in town and our ER is also the Trauma Center.  30 gunshot victims came through while we were waiting for tests.  Staff was flying all over the place.  It was interesting to watch the little we could see.  

I'm back at work for the afternoon and DH went home to rest and pack for the weekend.  We are going to WI this weekend to visit friends and will leave after work tomorrow.  Come on Friday afternoon!
  • Options
    Sending healing vibes for your DH, @MNNEBride!
  • Options
    @MNNEBride oh I missed your post. How is your DH doing?
  • Options
    Hi - sorry I didn't come back to update.
    He's doing fine.  We continued with our plans to go out of town for the weekend and visit friends.  The redness seems to be better and it's no longer hot.  All good signs.