Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

What to do about bridal party?

Where can I put my 10 year old sister in my wedding if I already have flower girls and I do not want to do a bridal party or groomsmen? (Unless she is the only one.)

Re: What to do about bridal party?

• Options
    I think you already answered your own question. She can be your MOH or bridesmaid.
  • Options
    You could have her do a reading or something.  Or just sit in the front row with your parents and get her a corsage or small bouquet. 
  • Options
    Have you asked her if she would like to have to do anything? Maybe just spending time with you getting ready and taking special pictures would be enough.
  • Options
    I would have her a MOH/bridesmaid. She's probably too old to be a flower girl regardless. 

If she's comfortable speaking she could do a reading. Or if she has musical talent, she could sing/play. 
  • Options
    She could easily be a bridesmaid. My daughter had her 10 year old cousin as a junior bridesmaid (she had a MOH and other bridesmaids) Kids this age can totally handle a wedding. D had a full Catholic mass and her cousin (not from a religious family) did fine. Tweens/young teens really like it when they feel they have a purpose.
  • Options
    Have her as the only one!  
  • Options
    You should be able to talk to your director and he should be able to tell you exactly what to do.